New Firma 160A issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekersh86

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Some nice people on here helped me troubleshoot some issues I was having with a Mojave that led to getting a new ESC under warranty. Installed and calibrated it with no issues, but now seem to have some problems and it hasn’t left the bench. I’ll try not to be too long winded.

Trying to replace some motor fans that weren’t running anymore. Using a splitter from the programming cable on the ESC, hooked up the new fans and neither would run. May possibly be an issue with the adapter and splitter cables, I plan on trying to isolate that tomorrow. The issue is that now the ESC fan is not running. I tried two separate batteries that should’ve had more than enough charge. I remember the fan running when I originally installed the new ESC. It doesn’t budge at all, and the startup beeps informing of a 6s battery sound a little…off.

I know there’s a chance it’s a bad ESC from the factory, but is there anything I did wrong or can do right to possibly fix it? Any ideas appreciated.

Small detail, running a promodeler servo on its own 2s battery, could that have affected the original ESC and now be causing issues for this one?

Thanks again for all the help.

Hey guys,

Some nice people on here helped me troubleshoot some issues I was having with a Mojave that led to getting a new ESC under warranty. Installed and calibrated it with no issues, but now seem to have some problems and it hasn’t left the bench. I’ll try not to be too long winded.

Trying to replace some motor fans that weren’t running anymore. Using a splitter from the programming cable on the ESC, hooked up the new fans and neither would run. May possibly be an issue with the adapter and splitter cables, I plan on trying to isolate that tomorrow. The issue is that now the ESC fan is not running. I tried two separate batteries that should’ve had more than enough charge. I remember the fan running when I originally installed the new ESC. It doesn’t budge at all, and the startup beeps informing of a 6s battery sound a little…off.

I know there’s a chance it’s a bad ESC from the factory, but is there anything I did wrong or can do right to possibly fix it? Any ideas appreciated.

Small detail, running a promodeler servo on its own 2s battery, could that have affected the original ESC and now be causing issues for this one?

My first thought if the programmer card worked from your ESC you have power. The ESC fan port works.

1. Try something else in that port, like another programmer card or a single fan on a non-y-split cable. Very port has power.

2. You can try the ESC fan directly off an open receiver port as a test for the fan. Also try your dual fan off the receiver port as well to see if they work

As you said...keep process eliminating
(y)

Hey guys,

Unplug the servo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back