New fish with Fazon motor upgrade question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwnzilla666

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
I have a new spare Castle mamba max pro 4600 in my RC stash and a Fazon on the way...would this be a worthy upgrade or just run stock? I already ordered SRC road crushers with it,but wonder if my castle system will give it more speed. im gonna be running dual 3s 5200 50c lipo

I have a new spare Castle mamba max pro 4600 in my RC stash and a Fazon on the way...would this be a worthy upgrade or just run stock? I already ordered SRC road crushers with it,but wonder if my castle system will give it more speed. im gonna be running dual 3s 5200 50c lipo

uuuhhhh... well...you could run it first...to see what you think...that way...you can decide if it's a worthy upgrade...

well i planned on running it out the box stock for sure. until i get feel of car and how to work on it. i was just wondering if its too big of a kv upgrade for the fazon in future. i tend to like my cars running castle systems

Your batteries that you listed (50c) will have a hard time with the stock system ,they will get hot and puff.

really? thats weird cause lextron...and Onyx and few other brands all sold in sets for nero were 5200 50c with xt90 plug. I
figured since they were listed as 6s for arrma nero they were good

Alot of info on goggle about those batteries,there probably not really 50c. A good brand you can trust is SMC,or Maxamp, if you can afford.Look for something like 70c to 100c if your plan is to go up in power.
There are some recent post on this forum about the Onyx batteries.

well i planned on running it out the box stock for sure. until i get feel of car and how to work on it. i was just wondering if its too big of a kv upgrade for the fazon in future. i tend to like my cars running castle systems
The Mamba max pro and 4600kv will be to small for something the size of these trucks. Wait till you see the size of the motor and ESC in these things

Your batteries that you listed (50c) will have a hard time with the stock system ,they will get hot and puff.
Not true

Alot of info on goggle about those batteries,there probably not really 50c. A good brand you can trust is SMC,or Maxamp, if you can afford.Look for something like 70c to 100c if your plan is to go up in power.
There are some recent post on this forum about the Onyx batteries.
Will the 3s 90c fit I. The Fazon tray

Attachments

• 20170111_134135.jpg
    20170111_134135.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 35
The Mamba max pro and 4600kv will be to small for something the size of these trucks. Wait till you see the size of the motor and ESC in these things
Agreed!!! I bought one to run in a B6, and it was gutless!!! So I bought my 4th 1410 1Y 3'800kv and it is awesome. I have ran a Summit with a Velineon vxl on 3S, with great results! But a 4'600kv in a 15+lb truck would not be very happy!!!

Agreed!!! I bought one to run in a B6, and it was gutless!!! So I bought my 4th 1410 1Y 3'800kv and it is awesome. I have ran a Summit with a Velineon vxl on 3S, with great results! But a 4'600kv in a 15+lb truck would not be very happy!!!
Even the 1410 is small for these trucks. There's a reason they come with a 2000kv motor.

Yea I've herd of those. Trying to see what's the burst amp becuse the venom has a 500 am burst rate but smc says 150. I'm lost
5.0 X 25C = 125A continuous, with a 250A burst. This is the 3S 5'000mah 25C Onyx LiPo's I have.

Even the 1410 is small for these trucks. There's a reason they come with a 2000kv motor.
Yep, I totally agree!!!

Nero = 15+lbs running 2 1lb 3S LiPo's. So your going to be needing at least a 5H.P. motor to cope with all the weight.

My first rc car this car is the best i i running on 6s with 2 power hobby 3s 5200mh 50c

That's exactly what i using and i no have no problem at all everything stay cold

Attachments

• IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 33
It would probably catch on fire no joke. The mamba max pro is rated at 6s but for a low kv motor. The 4600kv motor will not be able to move the truck on just 3s. Thus casing too much resistance, either smoking or just catching the esc on fire. I'm talikung from experience when I had a seized motor in my slash with the mmp. It caught on fire.

10th scale motor in an 8th scale truck? Not gonna happen. Pinion gears won't fit. I use that 4600 KV Castle motor in all of my 1:10 vehicles and it is not meant for anything over 3S. It's also tiny compared to stock. I agree with the fiery conclusion above.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back