New Fury BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice looking truck. I like what they are doing with the black. I got a Mega in black/blue and it looks good as well. I haven't run it yet though - it's a birthday gift for my youngest son.

Last edited:
Saw this on the Arrma-RC site today. Nice looking truck with the new body.

http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/fury/blx

Looks like they made the aluminium side plates an upgrade part, and the new ESC doesn't have a fan. That explains why the older side plates were listed as discontinued a little while ago. Nice body. The price seems a lot cheaper at $260, unless that's a promotional price.

Looks like they made the aluminium side plates an upgrade part, and the new ESC doesn't have a fan. That explains why the older side plates were listed as discontinued a little while ago. Nice body. The price seems a lot cheaper at $260, unless that's a promotional price.

I was surprised at that price point too!! Pretty good deal

Well,at £233, I'm afraid that it can stay in the shops. I'm quite happy with my upgraded Fury as is,especially now that it's sporting a new set of clothes.

Well,at £233, I'm afraid that it can stay in the shops. I'm quite happy with my upgraded Fury as is,especially now that it's sporting a new set of clothes.

Shoot, if I had your Fury I wouldn't upgrade either. But, considering what the competition charges, it's a good price for those who just want a brushless SCT.

Finally it is here!!!

The all new Fury:

+Nice looking body
+Nice new bumpers
+3800kV 4-pole motor
+Upgraded ESC without a fan (which can be a good thing)
+Nice looking and more scale wheels and tires
+ Nice new transmitter
-Composite diff with metal gears?
-No more aluminium site plates

If the price stays under €299,- here in Europe, it can be a winner.

Let's see what happens!

For those of you who have been around the hobby for a while, typically how long does it take for a model to go obsolete? Meaning, you can no longer get parts for it or they become hard to find?

It depends on the manufacturer. Traxxas 2wd monster trucks, basic parts, not... Stampedes have been in production for nearly 20 years or so. Unique parts, like the Monster Jam bodies were hard to get within a year of them stopping production. My kid wanted a Max D body for his stampede, and they were going for $150+ for the body alone...

For the Arrmas, I don't think they'll go obsolete any time soon, since they haven't built an all new model since they were introduced. The Fury is just an update of the Mojave, and they have just been updating the Fury since it was introduced (2013, 2014, 2016). If you have an older model, you can install the updated parts, usually without any huge changes.

I've had my Fury BLS for nearly a year now and what a terrific truck it is! I've been eying the BLX but I want a 4x4 and think the new Senton might be my next truck.

It depends on the manufacturer. Traxxas 2wd monster trucks, basic parts, not... Stampedes have been in production for nearly 20 years or so. Unique parts, like the Monster Jam bodies were hard to get within a year of them stopping production. My kid wanted a Max D body for his stampede, and they were going for $150+ for the body alone...

For the Arrmas, I don't think they'll go obsolete any time soon, since they haven't built an all new model since they were introduced. The Fury is just an update of the Mojave, and they have just been updating the Fury since it was introduced (2013, 2014, 2016). If you have an older model, you can install the updated parts, usually without any huge changes.

Now that is an interesting question!

As an owner of two "2013" 1/10 scale Arrma's I already had problems getting some of the specific parts for these trucks. For example the strap to lock the battery door pin.
Not a showstopper, but annoying!

Hopefully they keep stock for a long period.
Not all parts are interchangeable

so side plates are gone
aluminum motor mount plate is gone (now plastic)
I think that buying this is pretty good, at the same price of the BLS model you get a better deal
now
Finally it is here!!!

The all new Fury:

+Nice looking body
+Nice new bumpers
+3800kV 4-pole motor
+Upgraded ESC without a fan (which can be a good thing)
+Nice looking and more scale wheels and tires
+ Nice new transmitter
-Composite diff with metal gears?
-No more aluminium site plates

If the price stays under €299,- here in Europe, it can be a winner.

Let's see what happens!
What is the bad side of composite diffs with metal gears? the encasing of metal gears is plastic? not really sure because I haven't gotten to stripping down my car yet

Imho the ESC/motor is not really an upgrade...
It goes from 80A for the BLX80 to 60A from the BLX85, but with a lightly faster motor...
I don't see an issue with the composite gears, as far as I can tell they are a larger module than the old one, so they can handle stronger motors better than the old composite gears :)

I'll probably get this one anytime soon instead of the old BLX, much better priced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back