Outcast New GoPro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devito1993

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I just got a new GoPro to try out on my outcast and typhon. Just curious if anyone has some pointers on mounting or setting on the camera itself.
GoPro7 Black edition if that makes a difference

I would cut a hole in the windshield to keep it safe
I’m doing same method but making a go pro cubby case lol. I’ll set go pro on mesh and bend mesh around back of camera and make a mold, then use hot glue to secure it underneath body, final step is putting scratch thin plexiglass so camera don’t get all messed up.

Will post when done

Yeah, it's boring. Maybe if you do some backflips or something but that's bound to get old soon too.
And the older GoPros had bad codecs and no stabilisation so the picture from a vibrating RC was horrible. Not sure about the later models.

I didnt really think about putting it inside, so I will definitely take it into consideration. As far as the footage getting old and things like that, its all just for fun. I'm not trying to be a YouTuber or anything like that. The GoPro I got has hyperstabilization, so although it will ultimately be shaky, it wont be nearly as bad as the older models.

I actually designed and 3d printed a Gopro hero5-8 mount and case along with a session mount/case. I don't know if it's allowed here but I do sell them and everyone who's used one loves it. Here's a video I made using it:

IMG_20200531_125936.jpg

Yeah I think if you have EIS enabled with a side mount it is good for some B roll. I think when people try and use it for extended clips it doesn’t work out well.

So, you didn't like my video then I guess lol
I don’t believe I viewed it yet. ?
I don’t believe I viewed it yet. ?
Ok I just watched it and it’s better than I would have expected. My only critique would be to use more head mount shots to break up the 3PV shots from the Kraton. But you had EIS on which worked well. Some guys strap on a cheap Chinese knock off GoPro without EIS and it’s impossible to watch.

Last edited:
I just got a new GoPro to try out on my outcast and typhon. Just curious if anyone has some pointers on mounting or setting on the camera itself.
I have a GoPro7 Black andI like to shoot at 1080p / 60 fps. Higher resolution (4K and 2.7K) is wasted because of the car's movement. 24 fps is okay for slow pretty shots (nice cinematic look) but there is too much blur at faster rates of speed of the vehicle. Slow motion is very difficult, you have to get the right angle and position of the car the right lighting, and then edit it correctly or else it just looks like a car going really slow. Always shoot a resolution and frame rate that can be stabilized by the camera. Also, don't shoot super view, it's much too wide of a shot. I mount my camera on the hood, (Looking fwd. & backwards) inside the car, (I have a Mojave 6s). I also use an outrigger camera mount that shoots about 12 inches away from the car in various directions. I mount it to the back bumper. I set it up so you can't see the camera mount or the pole in the shots. The footage I get look like another R/C vehicle is racing along side and slightly behind the car and is shooting the footage. The lower you mount the GoPro on the side of your car, the POV of speed is amazing. Getting the tire in the shot is also good. Next I want to mount a camera on the end of a rotating arm mounted to the roof. Lot's of videos are out there with great footage of what this helicopter camera does. I also want to at some point, mount my FeiyuTech WG2X 3-Axis Gimbal to get some really stable shots of the car jumping and cornering. The car can be moving in 3 axis of movement but the camera will be rock steady showing the POV. Check this out:
AScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.57.35 PM.png

Get this:
https://www.amazon.com/Kupton-Prote...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

And this:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/floaty...ro-hero8-black-orange/6371581.p?skuId=6371581

I created my own plexiglass for the back LCD screen. I velcro it over the floaty case.

I velcro the entire unit on the roof and it works perfectly. The HERO8 has an amazing image stabilizer.
I actually designed and 3d printed a Gopro hero5-8 mount and case along with a session mount/case. I don't know if it's allowed here but I do sell them and everyone who's used one loves it. Here's a video I made using it:

View attachment 89052
Hmm, the STL file would be nice. :)
Or a close-up snd I'll steal borrow the design.

How in the world do you keep your cover lens so clean???
How in the world do you keep your cover lens so clean???
Was this shot at 1080P / 60fps - some higher resolution?
I didnt really think about putting it inside, so I will definitely take it into consideration. As far as the footage getting old and things like that, its all just for fun. I'm not trying to be a YouTuber or anything like that. The GoPro I got has hyperstabilization, so although it will ultimately be shaky, it wont be nearly as bad as the older models.to
My take on this whole "boring footage thing" is quite accurate. These onboard shots (no matter the technique used) need to be cutaway shots edited into a video (3 to 5 min long) that actually has a story line. This is all B-roll stuff and should never be thought of as A-Roll material. That's my goal , in the long run, to get some incredible R/C shots, that after editing, that last on the screen, maybe only 4 or 5 secs. but are the exact punch a video needs to be watchable more than once. If those fancy car commercial guys can do it with a fancy new BMW,(
) why not do it with an ARRMA vehicle that is used not only as the star of the show, but also ta steady camera platform that gets all the great shots. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back