Granite New Granite 3s BLX Steers But Doesn't Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcm11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I got a brand new Granite 3s BLX on Wednesday; my first real RC car. I ran it for maybe a combined 20 minutes total on Wed and Thur on wet pavement. On Friday, the car would not move forwards or backwards. The steering seems to be fine. I confirmed the battery is fully charged. The ESC light is green. I unplugged and replugged all connections but no luck. Is my ESC jacked? Any suggestions? I emailed support, but I suspect I won't get a response until Tuesday. Is there a support phone number? What's the best procedure for getting this fixed? Thanks!

I got a brand new Granite 3s BLX on Wednesday; my first real RC car. I ran it for maybe a combined 20 minutes total on Wed and Thur on wet pavement. On Friday, the car would not move forwards or backwards. The steering seems to be fine. I confirmed the battery is fully charged. The ESC light is green. I unplugged and replugged all connections but no luck. Is my ESC jacked? Any suggestions? I emailed support, but I suspect I won't get a response until Tuesday. Is there a support phone number? What's the best procedure for getting this fixed? Thanks!

Did you check the connection between the ESC and the receiver? Maybe take a hair dryer and dry out the receiver because maybe some moisture got inside.

Used to have this a lot on a different car. The reciever would get wet and stop working till fully dry. I used to wrap it in a Ziploc bag and ziptie the top shut to keep water out. Was nervous to try a full waterproofing on it.

I tried the hair dryer and double-checked the ESC to receiver connection but no luck. I appreciate the suggestions, though. FWIW, the receiver LED was solid red, but I am assuming that is normal.

I don't know if it means anything, but when I swapped the throttle and steering plugs on the receiver, I was able to move the wheels with the trigger. I still couldn't get the car to move forwards or backwards, though.

I don't know if it means anything, but when I swapped the throttle and steering plugs on the receiver, I was able to move the wheels with the trigger. I still couldn't get the car to move forwards or backwards, though.

Wow same thing just happened to my Kraton yesterday. I had to repair my center diff and when I went to try it the throttle controls the steering and steering the throttle.....freaked me out.....after turning it on I always try the steering to make sure it is connected but this time the car went flying. Still haven't figured out the problem was getting late so put it aside.

Wow same thing just happened to my Kraton yesterday. I had to repair my center diff and when I went to try it the throttle controls the steering and steering the throttle.....freaked me out.....after turning it on I always try the steering to make sure it is connected but this time the car went flying. Still haven't figured out the problem was getting late so put it aside.
Swap the plugs in your receiver.

Thought about that but not sure why....didn't remove or mess with the receiver unless I knocked something loose.

That at least tells you that your radio is working fine. (I had this same problem, and it turned out to be a broken radio).

Have you tried resetting/retuning your ESC and throttle setup on your Radio? (see manual)

I tried the hair dryer and double-checked the ESC to receiver connection but no luck. I appreciate the suggestions, though. FWIW, the receiver LED was solid red, but I am assuming that is normal.
did you look inside of the reciever for water. 1 drop off water would mess with it. I had a tiny drop of water making a connection between the pins for the steering and throttle. ESC would run for about 5 seconds and then cut out. only steering would work. reciever it's super easy to get out

Is there anyway its the Low Voltage Cut-off?

I did look inside the receiver for water, but I did not notice any. I also used a hair dryer on the receiver. However, I wasn't aware that such little water could affect things. My set button on the ESC isn't working, so I can't mess around with my ESC programming. The good news is the good people of Arrma are sending me a new ESC free of charge. Hopefully, this resolves the above issues. While frustrating, as I am very new to the hobby, this is a pretty good way to learn about my car.

I did look inside the receiver for water, but I did not notice any. I also used a hair dryer on the receiver. However, I wasn't aware that such little water could affect things. My set button on the ESC isn't working, so I can't mess around with my ESC programming. The good news is the good people of Arrma are sending me a new ESC free of charge. Hopefully, this resolves the above issues. While frustrating, as I am very new to the hobby, this is a pretty good way to learn about my car.

I had the set button stop working on a BLX 185 ESC. Turn out I cut the 3rd wire that connects it to the ESC. It doesn’t take much.

^^ I just asked you what broke and now I have my answer lol, Contact HH for a ESC replacement its still under warranty.

Electronics fail, No ESC out there is purrrfect no matter what brand you buy.. Lemons happen during production specially when most of this shits sourced from china.

The car its self tho is built really well.

Electronics can be a fickle female dog tho. I had a 600$ Brand new E-Revo's ESC take out my motor and then burn the ESC up barely owned the car 3 weeks.. So yeah it happens..

Don't be discouraged tho HH/Arrma will fix ya up :D

^^ I just asked you what broke and now I have my answer lol, Contact HH for a ESC replacement its still under warranty.

Electronics fail, No ESC out there is purrrfect no matter what brand you buy.. Lemons happen during production specially when most of this shits sourced from china.

The car its self tho is built really well.

Electronics can be a fickle female dog tho. I had a 600$ Brand new E-Revo's ESC take out my motor and then burn the ESC up barely owned the car 3 weeks.. So yeah it happens..

Don't be discouraged tho HH/Arrma will fix ya up :D

Yeah I have been talking to them for a few days and not thrilled so far since they wanted me to ship the whole truck in at my expense. I sent that video to them last night so we'll see what they say. I have spent a TON of money with them on planes so I sure would hate to see them not do the right thing on this!

Yeah I have been talking to them for a few days and not thrilled so far since they wanted me to ship the whole truck in at my expense. I sent that video to them last night so we'll see what they say. I have spent a TON of money with them on planes so I sure would hate to see them not do the right thing on this!

well that's not good service :( shouldn't have to send in the whole truck that's just silly.

If anything suggest to them you pull the ESC and ship THAT back or that and the receiver.

Arrma being owned by HH now may have changed the dynamic of customer service a little :(

Well I have just gotten into trucks but I think my Big Rock will be my last from Arrma. HH has said they will send me a new ESC... when they come off backorder... in two months. Brand new truck and it will sit waiting on parts longer than I have even got to use it. No thanks! I know they have a good reputation so far but when your first one puts this kind of taste in your mouth, you don't normally go back for 2nds!

Well I have just gotten into trucks but I think my Big Rock will be my last from Arrma. HH has said they will send me a new ESC... when they come off backorder... in two months. Brand new truck and it will sit waiting on parts longer than I have even got to use it. No thanks! I know they have a good reputation so far but when your first one puts this kind of taste in your mouth, you don't normally go back for 2nds!
Pick up a Hobbywing ESC and sell the Arrma one when it shows up. Or, pick up a Arrma ESC from JennysRC and sell the new one when it shows up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back