New Granite 4x4 brushed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulsy75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Hi everyone, I bought my boys 2 granite 4x4s and a senton as well. Today on first time out one of the Granites stopped working properly. When you turn on the vehicle the ecs does its normal beep the a secondary one happens and the wheels turn to the left. When I try and steer it pretty much just stays to the left . When the car is off it is hard to manually turn the wheels by hand. Any ideas ?? Hes pretty bummed. Besides a few minor rollovers it was fine. Happened right near the end of our run.

Hes using a 1.2v 5000mah NI-MH and
8.4v 2400mah NI-MH ( Stock battery it came with )

I am not familiar with the Granite’s or the radio so honestly, this is a shot in the dark. Is there a steering trim adjustment that can be made? One of my kids just started turning dials and got one of their trucks out of whack.

I am sure someone with knowledge about the Granite will stop by.

Have you, or did you check the Steering Trim adjustments on the hand controller? After it goes thru the initialization sequence in the beginning the front tires should line up straight. If not, then the Steering Trim dials might need adjusting. There are two on the controller, see your instruction manual or search here on how to adjust them. Hope that helps.

The servo’s are junk in the Granite 4x4’s, I skipped the warranty and just went ahead and bought a metal geared servo. Literally just installed it this morning in my son’s granite.

Have you, or did you check the Steering Trim adjustments on the hand controller? After it goes thru the initialization sequence in the beginning the front tires should line up straight. If not, then the Steering Trim dials might need adjusting. There are two on the controller, see your instruction manual or search here on how to adjust them. Hope that helps.

I tried the trim and that doesn't work. The truck responds to throttle but not to the steering

I tried the trim and that doesn't work. The truck responds to throttle but not to the steering
So there’s no steering control at all? Sounds like the servo is stripped or jammed. You could take it apart and look inside. If you see anything out of the ordinary contact arrma support with photos and a copy of the receipt.

Arrma is very responsive in my experience. Or just buy a metal gear servo as recommended above. But on something brand new I’d use the warranty once. My theory is it lets them know something is wrong. Not saying it does any good—-just sayin.

It’s the servo saver. You can pull the servo/esc pod out and reset the servo horn. Mine did this twice after bumping the front tires on something. One time resetting the horn worked and one time it didn’t. I upgraded to the ADS 7M servo and haven’t had an issue yet.

I do not have the 4x4 Granite, but did strip the internal gears on the servo of mine.
I would at least check it out first to see if something simple is causing it to lock up.
I have called Arrma for this and motor that burnt out and they sent me replacements within a week. Great Service, just had to scan the receipt when purchased and send to them to confirm it was under warranty.

Ok thanks everyone. I actually bought 2 Granites and a Senton, 1st run was the first granite, yesterday my other son had his second run with his and the same thing has happened. haven't run the Senton yet. Coud it be the 1.2v 5000mah MIMH battery ? He used the stock 8.4v 2400mah NIMH first the the 5000 after. we did let them cool off first

In my experiences with a battery dying the steering will respond some, but there’s no drive (the opposite of what you are experiencing).

It is odd to have the problem on two different vehicles though.

not sure if yours has one, but... Check the "invert servo" switch on the controller is in the correct position.

Well documented that the stock servo is complete garbage. We'll worth an upgrade. You would think with the failure happening so quickly that Arrma would have found and corrected this in testing.

In my experiences with a battery dying the steering will respond some, but there’s no drive (the opposite of what you are experiencing).

It is odd to have the problem on two different vehicles though.
It was actually 3 vehicles, 2 Granite and 1 Senton. Its the servo saver that gets sprung and the causes damage to the servo, All three Savers were sprung ... Unreal

This isn't the first time they put that garbage servo in a new car, just to find out its bull. Just like the others, they'll put the better spec servo in the next gen. I know it was a money-saving move, but it could have saved them a TON of complaints. They're marketing these trucks to new drivers so the vast majority won't know that the servo is junk, why they can't get replaced when the replacement is backordered, & how or what to replace it with themselves.

They need to give up on that servo. They even put a weird version of that thing in the voltage - & it's breaking in those cars too, & the voltage weighs 2lbs less :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back