Granite New Granite brushless 4x4 vs Redcat Landslide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill K

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I'm looking to get my second MT. [I've got the brushed Granite 4x4]. I'm tossed between getting the new brushless Granit and the Redcat Landslide. Upside on the Landslide (hey, that rhymes!) is that I've already got a bunch of 2s Lipos with Dean connectors. Upside on the new Granite is that I'm somewhat familiar with wrenching on it. 8 vs. 10 scale is not an issue to me. Which would you get?

BTW, I'm way more interested in reliability/durability vs. performance. I got my Granite brushless 4x4 in July and have already had to replace the servo, the ESC and TWO motors. The third "motor" arrived 9/27/18 via FEDEX but somehow transformed itself into an ESC in transit from Horizon Hobby to my home. :)

Thanx...

I'm looking to get my second MT. [I've got the brushed Granite 4x4]. I'm tossed between getting the new brushless Granit and the Redcat Landslide. Upside on the Landslide (hey, that rhymes!) is that I've already got a bunch of 2s Lipos with Dean connectors. Upside on the new Granite is that I'm somewhat familiar with wrenching on it. 8 vs. 10 scale is not an issue to me. Which would you get?

BTW, I'm way more interested in reliability/durability vs. performance. I got my Granite brushless 4x4 in July and have already had to replace the servo, the ESC and TWO motors. The third "motor" arrived 9/27/18 via FEDEX but somehow transformed itself into an ESC in transit from Horizon Hobby to my home. :)

Thanx...

Well as far as the new Granite goes, it has a better servo than the Mega you have, a 100 amp ESC and a brushless motor. Everything is the driveline has been upgraded to handle 3s power. I think it is going to be an awesome MT. From the few vids I've seen it hauls ass. The ESC and brushed motors in the Megas are garbage. So is the servo. You won't have those issues with the BLX version.

Well as far as the new Granite goes, it has a better servo than the Mega you have, a 100 amp ESC and a brushless motor. Everything is the driveline has been upgraded to handle 3s power. I think it is going to be an awesome MT. From the few vids I've seen it hauls ass. The ESC and brushed motors in the Megas are garbage. So is the servo. You won't have those issues with the BLX version.

Thank you. With what you say and that I found out that the Redcat Warranty is 90 days vs Arrma's 2 year Warranty I'll go with the the new Granite assuming I can get a connector that will allow me to use my 2S Deans Lipos. I see some on Amazon but need to be certain about the male/female being the right orientation.

Also, Horizon Hobby has been good about replacing parts for me under the warranty even though this last time they shipped the wrong part.

Oh, would a mild upgrade to brushless give me more motor and ESC reliability or would I just be asking for trouble to pop up elsewhere like in the drive train?

Thanx...

Oh, would a mild upgrade to brushless give me more motor and ESC reliability or would I just be asking for trouble to pop up elsewhere like in the drive train?

Thanx...

It really depends on your choice of motor and gearing. There are people here than run brushless on the stock spur without issue. I wouldn't do it but that's me. I'm also running a big brushless motor on 4s so I had no choice but to upgrade the driveline.

I can tell you this. Running the stock motor, ESC and servo is going to be like pissing in the wind. If you want to keep that Mega you almost have to upgrade those 3 things. If you keep it mild and run on 2s you should be fine.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back