New Granite, Fury, and Raider BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nctsdodgeman

Reaction score
Sweet baby Jesus, does it really say the new granite blx msp is $249?!? Throw in a decent tower coupon code and you're talking a 60mph 1/10 scale MT for around $200. I thought I was getting a steal with the old version for $300. Wow!

Sweet baby Jesus, does it really say the new granite blx msp is $249?!? Throw in a decent tower coupon code and you're talking a 60mph 1/10 scale MT for around $200. I thought I was getting a steal with the old version for $300. Wow!
I noticed that... I have a feeling I'll be getting the new Granite soon. :)

aww man, just as I was thinking of getting a Vorteks instead of an Fury.
On my local spot everybody is already driving a SCT and I like being different :p
Although the new Granite looks badass also, and for that price...

No batteries or charger, Tactic TTX300 TX instead of Arrma ATX-100 TX no metal sideplates also.
But 85A ESC instead of 80 and 3800KV motor instead of 3600KV

Oh and the biggest letdown imho...
0.8M COMPOSITE GEAR SET
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310597

Gearbox has standard plastic gears in a different pitch and for now no metal on the option part list....

aww man, just as I was thinking of getting a Vorteks instead of an Fury.
On my local spot everybody is already driving a SCT and I like being different :p
Although the new Granite looks badass also, and for that price...

No batteries or charger, Tactic TTX300 TX instead of Arrma ATX-100 TX no metal sideplates also.
But 85A ESC instead of 80 and 3800KV motor instead of 3600KV

Oh and the biggest letdown imho...
0.8M COMPOSITE GEAR SET
http://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310597

Gearbox has standard plastic gears in a different pitch and for now no metal on the option part list....
the name is different from the specs (not like the original products)

I learned that when they talked about the 1/8 scale electronics, the new esc runs at 60amp but im sure it will run about the same. The blx80 had lots of issues so it is good they fixed that and 60a is decent since I am running one my self (I believe) the castle sct combo

Hmm okay, thanks :)
To me it seems 60A is a bit on the low side.
My Stampede 2wd had a lot of issues with 80A and 3400kv, switched to 120A with the same motor and all issues were gone.

These new models are also 2wd offroad, but then 60A and 3800kv...

So, digging through the parts listing for the new Granite, I notice the transmission no longer has metal gears. Did they just decide metal was over-engineered, or are the new ones made out of a strong enough composite to handle the power?

Same goes for the missing TVPs, which are still listed as an option. Not needed, or will the STRC or Arrma upgrade be on the wish list?

So, digging through the parts listing for the new Granite, I notice the transmission no longer has metal gears. Did they just decide metal was over-engineered, or are the new ones made out of a strong enough composite to handle the power?

Same goes for the missing TVPs, which are still listed as an option. Not needed, or will the STRC or Arrma upgrade be on the wish list?

I tought the same, no metal gears, see #6.
But after looking into it some more I understand the pitch of the new composite gearset is larger making it handle more powerful motors much easier.
About the TVP, I don't know, I'm looking into the new Fury and would love STRC to make some for it, but unfortunately they don't have them.

Also 83mm dogbones on the Granite! Finally! Now maybe Arrma will replace mine with those as I have now destroyed 2 sets and am on my third

Well, I ordered a new Granite from Tower, so I guess we'll see on the answers to my questions... My stepdaughter has the older version of the BLX and I keep stealing it.

Ordered the stuff to convert the rear to CVDs too.

Got my new Granite today. I'm not taking the tranny apart to check out the gears, and it seems okay without the TVPs. Converted it to CVDs like I did with my stepdaughter's Granite and took a pic of one of the old dogbones I took out of hers and one of the dogbones I took out of mine. Definitely longer. I'm not a fan of the stock tires. The Duratrax Lockups on my stepdaughter's have a lot more grip.

20161019_201456.jpg
20161019_202537.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back