New Granite getting upgraded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be Ready

Built, Broke, Rebuilt, Repeat...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Bought s new granite 3S BLX. Found one that came with the old tatic radio. So before I even put it on the road I’m going to upgrade it. I’ve already ordered a Outcast 4S wing to put on it to help save the body. HR 12 to 17mm hubs. Going to put on a set of 2.8 backflips. Rpm arms, new bearings all around. Bigger servo and 6S shocks to start. I’ll be adding more things as needed. I also want some T bone style bumpers ... but don’t want to deal with T bone themselves.
7E200987-6BD5-410C-A1B5-1949368978FB.jpeg

Bought s new granite 3S BLX. Found one that came with the old tatic radio. So before I even put it on the road I’m going to upgrade it. I’ve already ordered a Outcast 4S wing to put on it to help save the body. HR 12 to 17mm hubs. Going to put on a set of 2.8 backflips. Rpm arms, new bearings all around. Bigger servo and 6S shocks to start. I’ll be adding more things as needed. I also want some T bone style bumpers ... but don’t want to deal with T bone themselves. View attachment 61962
The Granite has 14mm hexes out of the box. Do you already have 12mm hexes to replace the stock ones? It would be easier to get the 17mm x 10mm or 17mm x 6mm extensions.

The Granite has 14mm hexes out of the box. Do you already have 12mm hexes to replace the stock ones? It would be easier to get the 17mm x 10mm or 17mm x 6mm extensions.
I bought the HR ext. hexes for the granite... I just might have got my mm mixed up ?‍♂️ I’ll double check... Thanks for the heads up ✌️

Got the HR 17mm hubs installed. Also put the RPM A arms on the front with a Senton bumper. More parts are on there way. I was going to replace the shocks but since there not leaking... I’ll do that down the road.
AEE3E8BA-5B95-4179-8FD3-8481715BD626.jpeg
99CC59E0-0142-4CDE-866E-C01BA40FFFC3.jpeg

Got the HR 17mm hubs installed. Also put the RPM A arms on the front with a Senton bumper. More parts are on there way. I was going to replace the shocks but since there not leaking... I’ll do that down the road.View attachment 64410View attachment 64411
Did you go with stock width or Typhon arms? Those Minokawas are really big on the Granite arms. I think you’ll need at least Typhon arms if not the OC4S arms.

Did you go with stock width or Typhon arms? Those Minokawas are really big on the Granite arms. I think you’ll need at least Typhon arms if not the OC4S arms.
Lol... Good catch. The tire are just for show right now. I have some Typhon tires... These just looked meaner for pictures for now. I’ll be putting on 2.8 backflips when they arrive.

Lol... Good catch. The tire are just for show right now. I have some Typhon tires... These just looked meaner for pictures for now. I’ll be putting on 2.8 backflips when they arrive.
I tried BLPs on my Granite with the HR 10mm offset hexes and it can’t steer all the way. It also can’t slap the chassis. It will run like this but I wouldn’t jump it or expect it to turn well. I could toss some Typhon arms on it if I really wanted to run these. I may end up doing that.

1219ED56-25AD-42BB-AF93-74CF72950200.jpeg

Got the HR 17mm hubs installed. Also put the RPM A arms on the front with a Senton bumper. More parts are on there way. I was going to replace the shocks but since there not leaking... I’ll do that down the road.View attachment 64410View attachment 64411
Congrats on the new truck! Way to get it beefed up right out of the box. Not sure there are other bumper options for the 3s/4s trucks other than T Bone, so keeping stock replacements around might be the best option.

I tried BLPs on my Granite with the HR 10mm offset hexes and it can’t steer all the way. It also can’t slap the chassis. It will run like this but I wouldn’t jump it or expect it to turn well. I could toss some Typhon arms on it if I really wanted to run these. I may end up doing that.

View attachment 64413
I think he ment 2.8 Mx’s or maybe he didn’t. Backflips too big

I think he ment 2.8 Mx’s or maybe he didn’t. Backflips too big
Agreed. Even if you could steer it, the diameter of them means instant backflips with the smallest throttle input.

A little update: I can’t remember who posted the axial bushing for the 6 S shocks but they are great. Thanks for that tip. The tubing I was using in there wasn’t the best.. So I got the bushings in both the Granite and the Typhon. Changed out the esc ... added the O4S wing so far. Looking for a good solution for roof rails to keep from tearing up the body now.
D1BE6874-FEAA-4937-9960-4451AEA6C9F0.jpeg
29A0E878-1F37-48B0-88FE-EECD1E9D73A8.jpeg
3FB45285-2E8E-4CFD-9964-17040104B400.jpeg
ABEA2C79-0628-4B0A-8621-4DD5C03A6863.jpeg

I ordered a few packs of those bushings too. Mine should be in the mailbox today. ??

Starting a custom Ford Raptor body for the granite today. Got to finish trimming the body and drill the holes ... I have a new appreciation for the guys that do this all the time… This is my first one I’ve ever done .?
0ED972C2-1D44-4BAB-95F6-46769EDE23DA.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back