New Granite help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guy's i am kinda up in the air about buying the new Granite blx rtr 2016 version. I would like to know has some of the known issues the older Granite had will be fixed with the new 2016 version? I would be getting a charger an a 3s battery as of now i have no electric rc gear on hand. I want to know if the 2016 truck/electronics can handle a steady does of 3s? I will be as easy on the truck as i can an the electronics as well . I like this truck for a few reasons i will do the rest of this post in list form... ty you guys oh an i will add what battery an charger i am looking at from Value Hobbies..

PROS- for me
Price point vs other 1/10th monster trucks that are rtr(esc comes with dean connection vs what redcat etc etc has)
water proof
3s esc
wheelie bar
Cons - for me
looks kinda toy grade how the battery goes in ,an the chassis is all sealed up
shocks
no rpm parts
CHARGER - $ 34.00 GT Power X- charger c6 with power supply (50 watts) or $ 30.00 Imax B6 charger with power supply
Battery - $38.00 Gforce Elite Series 30C 5000 mAh 3S t connector (dean???) Maximum Battery Dimensions: (157 x 48 x 27mm) Gforce is 136mm X 44mm X 28.5mm is the 28.5 a issue can i make it work??

Last edited:
I did some searching i can get the Gforce 3s soft pack but its 4000 mah same c rating as the other battery. An its 28 vs 38 bucks an i would be with in the max specs for the battery area. I would assume i want to wrap the soft pack with a little tape as i was reading its not a must but it wont be a bad idea .

I need a charger an i was thinking i would order the charger an lipo from the same spot which is value hobby. I am open to getting the lipo from another site. I would only want a 3s pack that is 4000 mAh or more with a 30c-60c. I never tried smc but i did save there page in my fav the other day. I seen the smc battery you shown that is 4300 mah i was thinking of getting that one. I am kinda not sure i want the geforce soft pack i was looking at. Are you sure the smc 4300 will fit? I thought the width on the smc was to big or maybe it was the the height??? If the SMC 4300 3s is a good fit with no mods im gonna get that. Please let me know if you can? i can just get the charger from value hobbies still. I rather pay the extra 4.00 or so in shipping fees then getting a soft pack from value hobbies an worry every time i take the truck out. I do thank you an anyone that can help me out. I should be placing a order in a few days so i wanna have the items ready to go so i can just place my order the day i have the money to spend....

I see its 12.00 to ship the smc battery and i need paypal. That will not work, so is there any other 3s 4000 mah or more 30c-60c hard packs i can get? I would like to still use one the budget brand ones please

The new granite is alot better than the older version. New electronics and all. And yes it can handle a 3S all day long. If this is your price range its a great buy. Tower hobbies has coupon codes that take off about 25 bucks and free shipping an even has easy pay if you want. As far as lipos theres a ton of options. I wouldnt get anything less than a 30C rating but 40C and up would be better for sure. I seen you mentioned SMC they do have a paypal option I just ordered one today from them and used my paypal. You can also look online for discount codes for them. I just bought the new Granite for my son and its is a great 1/10 monster truck especially for the price.

The new granite is alot better than the older version. New electronics and all. And yes it can handle a 3S all day long. If this is your price range its a great buy. Tower hobbies has coupon codes that take off about 25 bucks and free shipping an even has easy pay if you want. As far as lipos theres a ton of options. I wouldnt get anything less than a 30C rating but 40C and up would be better for sure. I seen you mentioned SMC they do have a paypal option I just ordered one today from them and used my paypal. You can also look online for discount codes for them. I just bought the new Granite for my son and its is a great 1/10 monster truck especially for the price.
I will be buying from tower, can you tell me what you think of the truck ??? I can not use paypal no more. I had a large sum of money stolen from me a few months back so i closed everything down an had to get new cards etc. So i think i will go with the Geforce 4000 mAh 3s 30c battery. I like the battery its just its a soft pack, i will tape it up an i think i will make a foam nest for it in the trucks battery tray. I see i can get a 3s balance ext wire so i am gonna get one of those from value hobby as well . I pretty much am set on the granite blx, the charger an i guess i can live with the soft pack. I might get a higher mAh 2s pack to make up for the 4000 3s pack. I just gotta watch the charger is only 50 watts so i do not wanna go over 5000-5500 mAh pack. I been putting a lot of work checking out forum reviews, you tube etc just to ease my mind with my new order that i wanna place. I allways been in to nitro rc's but i had a few T4's an a few traxxas electrics that where brushless but where i live no i am better off not having the loud nitro motor. I think its crazy i can have a monster truck that can do 55-60 mph out of the box with just a change of the spur and pinon gear . u have the truck will a soft pack be safe in the tray? keep in mind i will tape,foam the battery/tray, i am just worried it sits under neat the chassis an i am sure i will be seeing some crazy speed runs which will lead to a few flips an crashes lol. ty

I will be buying from tower, can you tell me what you think of the truck ??? I can not use paypal no more. I had a large sum of money stolen from me a few months back so i closed everything down an had to get new cards etc. So i think i will go with the Geforce 4000 mAh 3s 30c battery. I like the battery its just its a soft pack, i will tape it up an i think i will make a foam nest for it in the trucks battery tray. I see i can get a 3s balance ext wire so i am gonna get one of those from value hobby as well . I pretty much am set on the granite blx, the charger an i guess i can live with the soft pack. I might get a higher mAh 2s pack to make up for the 4000 3s pack. I just gotta watch the charger is only 50 watts so i do not wanna go over 5000-5500 mAh pack. I been putting a lot of work checking out forum reviews, you tube etc just to ease my mind with my new order that i wanna place. I allways been in to nitro rc's but i had a few T4's an a few traxxas electrics that where brushless but where i live no i am better off not having the loud nitro motor. I think its crazy i can have a monster truck that can do 55-60 mph out of the box with just a change of the spur and pinon gear . u have the truck will a soft pack be safe in the tray? keep in mind i will tape,foam the battery/tray, i am just worried it sits under neat the chassis an i am sure i will be seeing some crazy speed runs which will lead to a few flips an crashes lol. ty

The Granite BLX runs great no issues and I think its definitely worth the price. I have a bunch of brushless rc's and most I have spent a minimum of 500 bucks then upgraded and now they have more than $1000 in quite a few of them. I drag race with a racing league here. I already have the Arrma Kraton and the Typhon and they are my favorites. My son loves his Granite and he has a Traxxas Rustler Vxl with upgrades and this Granite runs way better. The battery tray you wont have a problem with soft pack or hard packs. When you close the battery door there is a plastic rod that goes thru it and then a clip locks the rod. Arrma gives you a few extras in case you break or loose some. Like I said its worth the price and im sure you will like it.

As far as the paypal option on Tower Hobbies its just an option you don't have to use paypal you can use whatever you want.

Also just found out that STRC Racing makes aluminum upgrade parts for the Granite. And they have aluminum full length chassis side plates that stiffen up the chassis and some other parts that will make it alot stronger. Heres the link. http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?r...a granite&category_id=0&description=1&model=1

Also just found out that STRC Racing makes aluminum upgrade parts for the Granite. And they have aluminum full length chassis side plates that stiffen up the chassis and some other parts that will make it alot stronger. Heres the link. http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=arrma granite&category_id=0&description=1&model=1
ty i seen a few other people post links to STRC so i saved them to my fav. I might order a few metal parts but i wanna run the truck stock for a few packs then ill order what i need. I am pretty sure i wanna get new shocks so i might start looking this week. I am placing a order Fri the Dec 2nd , so towers prices with there special coupon sale is good THREW the 3rd so i should save 20-30ish bucks off the 249.99. I guess ill just go with the soft pack i wanted ty you so much. I seen some crazy speed passes just a few min go done with a Arrma buggy. I just wish there was some better prices after the 249.99 next is 399.99 an up .You got any rc videos you can share?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back