Granite New Granite, loctite before first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RubberRolling

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Hello everyone,

I just ordered a new Granite and I have seen multiple reviews that say to put loctite to prevent wheels from falling off before the first run. Does anyone have a link to a video that describes how to do that? I haven't been able to find an instructional video on this.

Thank you!

I don't think I have seen a video that shows how to do this. If no one else chimes in I can get some pictures here in like an hour or so.

Here are a couple of pictures of where the screw is you need to put a drop of blue loctite on. Hope that helps
DS1.png

DS2.png

Hello everyone,

I just ordered a new Granite and I have seen multiple reviews that say to put loctite to prevent wheels from falling off before the first run. Does anyone have a link to a video that describes how to do that? I haven't been able to find an instructional video on this.

Thank you!
Me, I would wait until or if the wheel comes off and then loctite them. Mine never fell off.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures of where the screw is you need to put a drop of blue loctite on. Hope that helps
View attachment 271934
View attachment 271935

Me, I would wait until or if the wheel comes off and then loctite them. Mine never fell off.
This is great thank you. I just would be worried about losing parts if the wheel does come off. Good to know yours never did, really appreciate the pictures.
I don't think I have seen a video that shows how to do this. If no one else chimes in I can get some pictures here in like an hour or so.
Thank you, Dutch just posted a few pics that work great. Appreciate the offer to help!

I always locktite the axle to the driveshaft. It’s a crummy way to end a bash session early by having your wheel roll off into the distance. Almost every car I’ve gotten the screws have been loose at the axle. I also check and make sure that the retaining screw for where the driveshaft connects to the differential is tight. I don’t bother loctiting that one.

Make sure you look up on YouTube, Arrma 3S set up and maintenance videos. You really need to check the spur/pinion mesh before your first run. On most the cars I’ve gotten it’s been off. Then there’s a whole slew of other things to do from topping off differential and shock oils to adjusting the spur gear that you’ll need to do relatively soon.

Make sure you get some decent tools. At bare minimum you need a set of hex drivers and a 7 mm socket driver. I really like this set below. It’s one of the few cheap hex driver sets that is still going after more than a year of use. This is also a decent 7 mm socket driver for your wheel nuts. Enjoy bud!!

Neewer - Set of 4 Hexagonal Screwdrivers Made of Titanium Nitride with Coloured Handles.Compatible with 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3mm Screws. https://a.co/d/a2ZWx2z

Antrader Hex Screw Driver, 7mm High-carbon Steel Socket Wrench Screwdriver Carburetor Adjustment Tool https://a.co/d/bdt8Od4

7489E193-B437-4356-A5F2-B7527745EF09.png

F9020505-01BA-435D-AD8A-01F799465FC0.png

I always locktite the axle to the driveshaft. It’s a crummy way to end a bash session early by having your wheel roll off into the distance. Almost every car I’ve gotten the screws have been loose at the axle. I also check and make sure that the retaining screw for where the driveshaft connects to the differential is tight. I don’t bother loctiting that one.

Make sure you look up on YouTube, Arrma 3S set up and maintenance videos. You really need to check the spur/pinion mesh before your first run. On most the cars I’ve gotten it’s been off. Then there’s a whole slew of other things to do from topping off differential and shock oils to adjusting the spur gear that you’ll need to do relatively soon.

Make sure you get some decent tools. At bare minimum you need a set of hex drivers and a 7 mm socket driver. I really like this set below. It’s one of the few cheap hex driver sets that is still going after more than a year of use. This is also a decent 7 mm socket driver for your wheel nuts. Enjoy bud!!

Neewer - Set of 4 Hexagonal Screwdrivers Made of Titanium Nitride with Coloured Handles.Compatible with 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3mm Screws. https://a.co/d/a2ZWx2z

Antrader Hex Screw Driver, 7mm High-carbon Steel Socket Wrench Screwdriver Carburetor Adjustment Tool https://a.co/d/bdt8Od4

View attachment 271996

View attachment 271997
Thanks I do have a set of tools for the Vorteks already but am new to the hobby so I will check out the set up videos. I replaced the spur gear on it but can't say with confidence that the mesh is right so I will see if I can get more instructions through youtube.

Thanks I do have a set of tools for the Vorteks already but am new to the hobby so I will check out the set up videos. I replaced the spur gear on it but can't say with confidence that the mesh is right so I will see if I can get more instructions through youtube.
Once you get a general idea by watching YouTube you’ll be able to ask more detailed questions here and get all the help you need. It’s a process but once you start to learn it, it picks up quick.

Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Try this one...

View attachment 271934
View attachment 271935

I'm going to sound insanely dumb here, but in all my years of 3s truck ownership, i have never even thought to try removing driveshafts from the axles or diff output with picture 1. I only tried picture 2.... I thought this was the way :ROFLMAO: My original hex bits weren't long enough (especially for use on the diff side), so I resorted to dremeling and drilling out a larger hole for the first 1/4 inch on the diff side and ramming the hex bits in on the axles side. Then eventually just decided to buy special hex bits for it.

You sir, have blown my mind 🧨🧨🧠🧨🧨

I'm going to sound insanely dumb here, but in all my years of 3s truck ownership, i have never even thought to try removing driveshafts from the axles or diff output with picture 1. I only tried picture 2.... I thought this was the way :ROFLMAO: My original hex bits weren't long enough (especially for use on the diff side), so I resorted to dremeling and drilling out a larger hole for the first 1/4 inch on the diff side and ramming the hex bits in on the axles side. Then eventually just decided to buy special hex bits for it.

You sir, have blown my mind 🧨🧨🧠🧨🧨
I didn't do this with my Senton 3s and the second day of hard driving, two wheels came off on the same battery. Needless to say, I immediately loctited all the axle screws. 3 batteries later, no problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back