New Granite Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
Hello all I just bought my son a granite 4x4 for his birthday and have had a couple of problems right off. First the servo went bad almost immediately on the first run within 5 mins of running no big deal called support and they sent a new one :) Second the motor has died and we still have yet to run a full pack through it. Called support and their sending a new one:) I must say the support department is amazing! by far the best support I've seen in years. I have been in RC for many years mainly boats but have always had a car or truck in the garage to bash from time to time. I have always heard that Arrma builds very high quality products maybe just a bad production run? I have been debating on buying an Outcast but now I'm kind of questioning that. Has anyone else had issues like this?

Thanks all

Hey there, my Granite also had the servo get jammed during my first drive - had to take apart the servo and realign a triangular piece inside, and it works just as new. Planning to upgrade to a metal servo to keep this from happening again in the future. No motor problems yet, ran about 4 full packs through it so far. If youre interested, and I have seen this issue all over this forum, I could make a specific video tutorial for realigning this piece within the servo.

Yeah I've had that happen on several times on other cars this was actually the servo itself it immediately stopped responding and when i took it servo saver off to inspect the main gearing was just spinning freely. Bummer but at least that fixed :)

Let's put it in perspective. The Granite 4x4 is a new model, built from the ground up to be a beginner level hobby grade RC. It has some of the cheapest components & can be upgraded w/o breaking the bank. The motor & servo are throwaways. The ESC has thermal issues. You have the same problems everyone else is having with it. Arrma just have to progress it for later releases.

On the other hand, the Outcast is a full 6S high powered enthusiast level RC backed by a platform with 3+ years of refinement. The system it boasts is one of the best in the RTR market. The tires are also top tier. The body will survive numerous trips to a skatepark. The pinions it comes with are garbage, replace them with ANY aftermarket pinion immediately. The servo will eventually fail & you will break an arm here & there learning to drive the thing. That's about it. Not counting the silly outliers, you usually get what you pay for in RC. The Outcast costs more than twice as much than the Granite for a reason.

I hear you Megasty -- I definitely planned to purchase lower end of the spectrum and and build my own skill and confidence by repairing/upgrading/overall tinkering before I spent the serious money on a higher level model like the Outcast. Thanks for the info

Megatsty, oh I totally agree with you there. I was just thinking about production in general like build quality. I would think they would all be manufactured in the same shop. I have a Pro-line MT 4x4 and you can't kill the thing but man do I like that Outcast.

There's one thing you should know with these cars...

These companies design cars to have points of failure (Traxxas more that any other) so you will be stuck upgrading & replacing parts for the foreseeable future. On average, you'll be out of 20-200% the cost of the car in parts over it's lifetime depending on the company - Yeah Traxxas is that 200% :rolleyes: You can guess the 20% :D It took around 10 years for me to be able to identify failure points just by looking at the car & there are still some cars I have to drive to get the complete picture. These companies love to throw flashy bodies & ads at you, but it's still up to your experience when it comes to dealing with them. That's what most people don't like about this hobby but that's also why we stay in it :D

Couldn't agree with you more. I started with a TMAXX in 2000' learned really quickly how easy stuff breaks. Sold that and pretty much went to boats which is great because they hardly ever break unless you're doing something stupid :) My wife has a Rustler and yeah I'm always fixing something on it... :)

only issues I have had was servo. stock motor and esc on mine are working great on 7 cell minh and 2s lipo

Hello all I just bought my son a granite 4x4 for his birthday and have had a couple of problems right off. First the servo went bad almost immediately on the first run within 5 mins of running no big deal called support and they sent a new one :) Second the motor has died and we still have yet to run a full pack through it. Called support and their sending a new one:) I must say the support department is amazing! by far the best support I've seen in years. I have been in RC for many years mainly boats but have always had a car or truck in the garage to bash from time to time. I have always heard that Arrma builds very high quality products maybe just a bad production run? I have been debating on buying an Outcast but now I'm kind of questioning that. Has anyone else had issues like this?

Thanks all
My Rc Granite's motor quit for some reason I am still not sure I was working on it and suddenly it worked for a second and then quit it was not a lose wire. What cold It be and howdo I solve it?

Ciao , nn riesco a tirare fuori il blocco rosso del cinturino batteria sulla parte posteriore dell' auto. Sembra un proteggi barra di trasmissione. Ho guardato molti tutorial e basta svitare una vite e tirarlo a se. Ma sembra incollato alla cassa dell' RC arma granite. Qualcuno ha consigli da darmi su come fare

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back