Senton New granite &senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangman66$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
73E09560-DFA0-4DEF-AA46-89B429AB1D49.png

Their also using a ec5 connector to not sure if I like that change but at least the changed the sevo and saver

I have a couple ecx cars with 2s batteries, same ec3 connector is nice.

Nope, this is the bigger EC5. Same basic design, but 5mm bullets instead of the EC3's 3.5mm bullets.

As far as the XT60/90 vs EC3/5 - I also have some ECX stuff, so EC3 plugs. Most all of my 1/10 and smaller is a mix of EC3 and XT60 - they are sort of compatible. (XT60 on the ESC will take EC3 batteries) I recently started migrating my leftover EC3 over to XT60 - I just like them better. EC3 are dead easy to solder, but everything else is better about the XT plugs.

Long way of saying, I wish the new cars had XT90 plugs, but hey, it is HH. So we know we will get E-flite plugs and Spektrum radios (eventually).

Nope, this is the bigger EC5. Same basic design, but 5mm bullets instead of the EC3's 3.5mm bullets.

As far as the XT60/90 vs EC3/5 - I also have some ECX stuff, so EC3 plugs. Most all of my 1/10 and smaller is a mix of EC3 and XT60 - they are sort of compatible. (XT60 on the ESC will take EC3 batteries) I recently started migrating my leftover EC3 over to XT60 - I just like them better. EC3 are dead easy to solder, but everything else is better about the XT plugs.

Long way of saying, I wish the new cars had XT90 plugs, but hey, it is HH. So we know we will get E-flite plugs and Spektrum radios (eventually).
Damn

I can't believe how much money and time I spent to make my Mega 3s and now they come out with this, lol. The ESC/motor combo I put in was $200. Then there is the servo and all the slipper parts. I'm probably sitting at $500 when you include the original cost of the truck.

look at the spec's for the servo ones said ads 5 and other said ads 7 so which is it

Has somebody already gone through the part numbers to see what we need to upgrade our cars to 3s blx?

Over in the other thread in the General Chaos forum, I listed the changes I found. Main ones, the entire slipper is new and new motor mount - so probably the entire "Power Module". The diffs get the HD Diff input. Metal wheel hexs. New front spring perches. maybe something else, I forget.

Ah yes, I've only read this group in the forum. The center shaft also seems to be different. But still composite. I would've thought metal..

The only real upgrade needed drivetrain-wise are the diffs. The plastic diffs can easily be blown on jumps even if you never land under power. I just busted a tooth on the rear ring after landing a subtle ~14ft jump with about 4ft of air - a jump that I've cleared countless times. The input pinion is still fine though. The motor they're supplying in this thing is a torque beast. Any kind of landing under power with this setup will destroy those diffs.

Sheesh if only I'd waited a few more weeks...naaaaah, been having too much fun with the one I got! Still, at 300 bones that seems like a pretty good deal. 3200kv seems just about perfect for this platform (my HW 3200kv has been awesome on 2S! 3S would be crazy).

I was looking earlier and think the new ones may be 32p pinion/spur and have different tooth counts on the differentials also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back