Senton New granite &senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the entire driveline in the Mega would need to be replaced. The input gear is 17t vs 13t on the BLX. That means a change of the ring gear, if it will even match up to the diff housing. The entire motor module and all it's internals ... Could be pricey

I think the 48p gears and mega slipper may fit in the new motor mount.

I guess it's safe to unleash 3s on my Mega now that I've modded input shafts and there are upgrades available soon!

The only real upgrade needed drivetrain-wise are the diffs. The plastic diffs can easily be blown on jumps even if you never land under power. I just busted a tooth on the rear ring after landing a subtle ~14ft jump with about 4ft of air - a jump that I've cleared countless times. The input pinion is still fine though. The motor they're supplying in this thing is a torque beast. Any kind of landing under power with this setup will destroy those diffs.

Looks like they will have an optional metal ring gear and the drive shaft has a support now as well. AND a 13th tooth input gear.

link to parts list that I found : https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=ARAD60**&P=X

upload_2018-7-27_8-37-8.png
upload_2018-7-27_8-35-25.png

Lots of the parts that last month were listed as Kraton/Outcast BLX4s are now listed as BLX 3s/4s. The Power module with gear reduction, and metal CVD's are still MIA, though.

Attachments

• snap0344.jpg
    snap0344.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 61
I saw the metal CVD's somewhere ... I think it was on the Tower site

^^^^^ Thats what I saw .... Sorry, haven't had time to go recheck. Thank you for doing so.

Looks like fully upgrading this thing will cost close to the price of another truck. I'll have to ready my wallet.

And there went my spur again today. I guess I'll switch to the new power module asap. I want the slotted aluminum mount when i do it.

And there went my spur again today. I guess I'll switch to the new power module asap. I want the slotted aluminum mount when i do it.

Stock 48p spur? If so and you need one, let me know. I have 2 laying around.

Stock 48p spur? If so and you need one, let me know. I have 2 laying around.
I could definitely use it.

It looks like the gearing on the BLX is a bit higher than the Mega by default. The ratios of the differentials are almost the same (2.88 Mega vs 2.85 BLX), but the Mega's highest gearing (slotted) is for 3.37:1 while the BLX biggest slot is for 2.19:1.

edit: I was mistaken on the pinion slots for both trucks. Attachment replaced.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
As soon as the parts are available, I'll take either the Senton or Granite MEGA and upgrade all the driveline parts, minus the CVD's and BLX Motor/ESC.

Per Tower's current pricing, it's about $70 for the adjustable motor mount, slipper assembly, spur and pinion. I'm going to try to wait until the whole slipper/spur assemble comes up available on ebay before I upgrade.

Per Tower's current pricing, it's about $70 for the adjustable motor mount, slipper assembly, spur and pinion. I'm going to try to wait until the whole slipper/spur assemble comes up available on ebay before I upgrade.

I was wondering what the cost would be. Definitely prohibitive. I have to much money into mine already. I really wish I waited and got the 3s version. Would have been cheaper for sure.

It's all relative on whether worth it to oneself to upgrade all the components. I don't want to sell both of my Mega trucks, just to get a BLX version. The fun of upgrades, is well, fun.

I wonder if the adjustable mount will work with the Mega slipper assembly and properly mesh the gears.

I can't believe how much money and time I spent to make my Mega 3s and now they come out with this, lol. The ESC/motor combo I put in was $200. Then there is the servo and all the slipper parts. I'm probably sitting at $500 when you include the original cost of the truck.
Hey don't feel bad I'm in the same boat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back