Senton New granite &senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the very release of the Megas ... Folks knew the brushless versions were coming. We just didn't know when ... The if was never in question

I was wondering what the cost would be. Definitely prohibitive. I have to much money into mine already. I really wish I waited and got the 3s version. Would have been cheaper for sure.
True, but I have gotten an extra half a year now with my Granite BLX185. Besides, even if I would have started with the BLX3s, I still would have found a way to break it just so I could Custom it. :)

I look at this as just getting better parts for our ride..

Maybe its a good idea to start with 2s and go to 3s from there. Or just get some rtr with nimh batteries first. 6s is like starting to motorcycle with a superbike.

Maybe its a good idea to start with 2s and go to 3s from there. Or just get some rtr with nimh batteries first. 6s is like starting to motorcycle with a superbike.

You can put 3s in the 8th scale models (certainly the typhon, its light) then move to 4 or 6s when you feel the need, cheaper than changing vehicles though...

for beginner, which 6s is the better choice?
Yeah, start a new thread, but I'd say Kraton, and run it on 4s. Drop in the 14t pinion after you get used to the truck.

But also realize the total cost of ownership on the 6s trucks is much higher than the 3s trucks. Tires, Batteries, chargers, tires, parts, more tires...

If you are on a budget, starting with the BLX3s trucks is a good idea.

(did I say tires?)

Yeah, start a new thread, but I'd say Kraton, and run it on 4s. Drop in the 14t pinion after you get used to the truck.

But also realize the total cost of ownership on the 6s trucks is much higher than the 3s trucks. Tires, Batteries, chargers, tires, parts, more tires...

If you are on a budget, starting with the BLX3s trucks is a good idea.

(did I say tires?)

I went with the Kraton on 4s and then went to 6s. I think the Kraton handles great right out of the box. My nephew was driving it on 4s and he's NEVER ran an RC vehicle before. He does play a ton of video games and I am sure that helps. I Just went 6s and you just need to control the throttle. If you are going to just mash it all the time, it will be tough. Also, if you are going to be running it in a small back yard or smallish area, stick to 4s. You really want a bigger area for 6s.

Amain hobbies is getting it in aug 8th that what the website said

Well that got outta hand quickly! I was researching(because it's FREE) what parts were needed to turn the Granite Mega 4x4 into the BLX monster it was born to be! I put all the parts I thought may be necessary in my shopping cart, just to see how much it would potentially be. The total was $3 more than I paid for the truck itself. Yes THREE doll hairs. I of course said no way I'm definitely not doing THAT! I did it. Question is... did I miss anything important or am I ready to bash?

ARAC9102 ARRMA Slipper Shaft Red 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 15.99
ARAC3955 ARRMA Comp Center Slider Driveshaft 4x4 775 BLX 17.99
ARAC3710 ARRMA CNC Metal Crown Gear 37T 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 119.99
ARAC3711 ARRMA CNC Metal Input Gear 13T 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 117.99 o
ARAC7006 ARRMA Aluminum Adjustable Motor Mount 4x4 BLX 3S 115.99
ARAC4023 ARRMA Composite Diff Case 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 15.99
ARAC4022 ARRMA Diff Case Set 37T Main Gear 4x4 BLX 4S 17.99
ARAC5063 ARRMA HD Input Gear 13T 4x4 775 BLX 16.99
ARAC4251 ARRMA Differential Gasket 4x4 BLX 775 (2) 12.49
ARAC4024 ARRMA Center Driveshaft High Speed Support 4x4 14.99
ARAC9265 ARRMA HD 57T Spur Gear 0.8 Mod 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 13.99
ARAC9101 ARRMA Slipper Plate/Hub Set 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 112.99
ARAC9103 ARRMA Slipper Clutch Maintenance Set 19.99

I mostly just bash around my yard and parks. No massive jumps but I'll hand over the controls to anybody so it needs to be tough. Drive on a little bit of everything for terrain and I want to run 2-3s easily with no issues with capability to possibly run 4s with a lower kv motor setup. Right now I have a 3300kv or a 3500kv brushless with EzRun Max10 SCT esc(120a) for 2-3s. Upgrades also include: 20kg servo with kimbrough saver, new shocks all around, fast eddy bearings, and t-bone bumpers front n rear.

Does anybody think/know if: this will be a worthy upgrade or is the stock stuff good for what I do?
@ $105 I have a hard time justifying it.
AR310870 ARRMA CVD Slider Set 4x4 MEGA BLX $39.99
AR310775 ARRMA Differential Outdrives Metal 4x4 (2) $11.99

Any help/advice would be really greatly appreciated as this is my first RC and I'm already in it for more than I could have bought a brushless for but I had no idea that was coming because I bought this on a whim off craigslist. Luckily I got it cheap and learning to build this is half the fun! Probably will end up getting the new BLX3s and just become 2arrman. Maybe do the "Kraton upgrade" to one of them become 3arrman?? LOL
I need help. Am I in the right place?

Last edited:
You don't need both diffs - you list -
ARAC3710 ARRMA CNC Metal Crown Gear 37T 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 119.99
ARAC3711 ARRMA CNC Metal Input Gear 13T 4x4 775 BLX 3S 4S 117.99 o
and
ARAC4022 ARRMA Diff Case Set 37T Main Gear 4x4 BLX 4S 17.99
ARAC5063 ARRMA HD Input Gear 13T 4x4 775 BLX 16.99
Can't use the metal gear with the diff case you listed. If you want to use the metal case, you need to find the diff case with no ring gear.

ARAC4024 ARRMA Center Driveshaft High Speed Support 4x4 14.99
This is for the Senton, I don't think it is needed or will fit on the Granite.

Personally (based on what I have done to my Granite), I would want the new slipper and motor mount, and the new 13t/37t diffs. Then just upgrade other parts as they break.

To upgrade to BLX slipper assembly per Tower Hobbies:
Adjustable Motor Mount: $16
Spur: $4
Slipper Maintenance Set: $10
Slipper Plate Hub Set: $13
Slipper Pads: $6
Slipper Shaft: $6
Total for assembly: $55

Still need to source a proper pinion but that's less than $10.

I don't disagree, but I would do that after it broke. My modded input is working well still.

Yeah, I think the modded input is nearly as good. But for people looking for a 'factory upgrade" to make their trucks brushless 3s/4s ready...

I'll probably buy the HD diff as soon as it is release, just because my BLX185 has already eaten one diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back