Granite New Granite tire torn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RubberRolling

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Hello,

this is only the second time out with my new Granite and the tire tore on grass. Is this a warranty item? What would cause this?
Thanks
IMG_20230208_163806756 (1).jpg

Ran over something in the grass to cut the tire? Glass maybe. Foam in great shape, only damage is the rubber. Think it was cut by something,

Hello,

this is only the second time out with my new Granite and the tire tore on grass. Is this a warranty item? What would cause this?
ThanksView attachment 276761
Typically they don’t do a great job of gluing the tires to the rim at the factory. If you look closely at the rim and the tire bead you might see a lack of glue. I have warrantied tires like this before with success. Then I learned to check the tires closely when new, as well as checking them after every couple of runs and re-gluing as necessary.

Ran over something in the grass to cut the tire? Glass maybe. Foam in great shape, only damage is the rubber. Think it was cut by something,
Thanks for the suggestion..this is a pretty clean field.
Typically they don’t do a great job of gluing the tires to the rim at the factory. If you look closely at the rim and the tire bead you might see a lack of glue. I have warrantied tires like this before with success. Then I learned to check the tires closely when new, as well as checking them after every couple of runs and re-gluing as necessary.
Thanks, I've contacted Arrma, do you have any tire recommendations for stock hex by chance?

Thanks for the suggestion..this is a pretty clean field.

Thanks, I've contacted Arrma, do you have any tire recommendations for stock hex by chance?
My favorite 1/10 tires are proline mx28s. You can get them in 12, 14 or 17 mm hex options.

Ive got badlands on order for the same issue. Seem to be a fan favorite they shoulf comme in tomorrow so hopefully. Ill be able to give some feedback for you then, in the meantime of those coming in i also bought belted trenchers and they look aggressive as hell, BUUT they are like veing on ice. At speed they are uncontrolable on leaves and street, they climb dirt well and through mud they bite but not my typical terrains.

I have had great luck with my Granite tires, never know could have been a poor glue job, hit something in the field, if you lose traction and you start to "diff out" this can cause blowouts too. The stock diff fluid is only 10K so it can cause some serious speed on the tire that loses traction.

I have heard of people with success on tire warranties and others not so much. Hard for horizon to tell if it was a defect or something else.

Still of a fan of the stock tires. Kid has a set that are down to 50% tread :cool:

if you lose traction and you start to "diff out" this can cause blowouts too
Diffing out is typically what will find a weak point. I agree with you that they are good tires though. Just really have to check and keep an eye on the glue bed. Running 25 to 30K oil upfront and 15 to 20k back helps reduce the diffing out also.

My favorite 1/10 tires are proline mx28s. You can get them in 12, 14 or 17 mm hex options.
I think I will get a set of those, heard lots of good things. Would those be the belted ones?
I have had great luck with my Granite tires, never know could have been a poor glue job, hit something in the field, if you lose traction and you start to "diff out" this can cause blowouts too. The stock diff fluid is only 10K so it can cause some serious speed on the tire that loses traction.

I have heard of people with success on tire warranties and others not so much. Hard for horizon to tell if it was a defect or something else.

Still of a fan of the stock tires. Kid has a set that are down to 50% tread :cool:
I didn't know that, still relatively new to the hobby. Maybe I will look into changing the diff fluid than. Horizon Hobby has already gotten back to me, I sent them all my info so I will see if they are willing to ship me a new tire.
Diffing out is typically what will find a weak point. I agree with you that they are good tires though. Just really have to check and keep an eye on the glue bed. Running 25 to 30K oil upfront and 15 to 20k back helps reduce the diffing out also.
I will get some new diff oil, thanks!

I think I will get a set of those, heard lots of good things. Would those be the belted ones?

I didn't know that, still relatively new to the hobby. Maybe I will look into changing the diff fluid than. Horizon Hobby has already gotten back to me, I sent them all my info so I will see if they are willing to ship me a new tire.

I will get some new diff oil, thanks!
For sure, there are always Pros and cons, I feel like the stock tire is a great balance between weight, design, and functionality. They are lighter so they are easier on the drivetrain as well.

Some people are pedal to the metal all the time... Yea, they probably won't last. If they are glued well and you are not a crazy basher they should hold up for a good amount of time.

I’ve tried the belted and didn’t really like them. Didn’t suit the way I drive. I need tires that balloon some for more rotation control. I also didn’t find that the belted ones last very long for me. The tread wore down quick. The two unbelted pairs I’ve had for close 18 months are still running strong, but I only run on dirt, never on the concrete. And you have to keep an eye on the glue bead as well as any small nicks/tears. I go over them every couple of runs and hit any issues with rubberized ca glue.

Belted will be alot heavier and much harder on thr drivetrain and lower speed if that matters
But they don't balloon so you don't need to worry about speed pops
some new diff oil, thanks!
Agree with this, my stock barely haf oil in it and so i put 20k up front and 12.5 in rear, prob eould go up to 15 in back if they had it instock. Makes it much more controllable and stable at speed.

Tire damage usually starts with the bead of the tire coming loose from the wheel. As someone else mentioned they are not always glued well when you get them. When i get new tires or a new vehicle I always add some type of superglue to the tire beads and have had pretty good luck with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back