Granite New Granite Voltage Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshep85

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have read numerous comments about burning up.bushed motors and it's mentioned to check manual on breaking in the motor. I have read over the manual and I don't see anything in the manual where that is mentioned. Any advice or tips I can get are appreciated.

Thanks

Lots of youtube vids on breaking in brushed motors. the short version -
Remove motor from car.
Put the motor in a glass of water.
Run motor slowly for an hour or so. yes, in the water.
Remove motor, dry and relube.
Reinstall in RC car.

Holmes hobbies recommends a much simpler way, 5 minutes of 50% throttle with the wheel off the ground.

In another words, Few minutes of low amperage in forward direction to seat the brushes

use some electronic cleaner(stage one)
take the motor apart and painstakingly clean all the pieces(stage two)
just dunk it in a bucket of water and run it( stage three)
this is not the order , merely the amount of courage it takes to do all of this...

Holmes hobbies recommends a much simpler way, 5 minutes of 50% throttle with the wheel off the ground.

In another words, Few minutes of low amperage in forward direction to seat the brushes
For sure, this is a good/better/best situation. The Holmes method is good - and good enough for most people running brushed motors these days.

Running in water is "Better" - the water keeps every thing cool, prevents arcing, and washes away the copper/carbon brush dust.

Best involves comm lathes, a motor dyno, and using a second motor to spin the motor being broke-in. But seeing as 27t brushed class racing is no longer a thing, I doubt more than a dozen people in the USA really do this anymore... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back