New granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan312

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Just got a new granite for Christmas and have only ran it twice. Today when I took it in the yard with leaves it would stop in the middle of the run and not move only wheels would turn. I would have to turn it off then back on to go again then within seconds it would do it again. Any thing i can check or common issues? Everything is still stock

Batteries are drained. Be sure to charge them up again.

Also check to see if the esc has a fan, sometimes they get a leaf or piece of straw jamed up and will overheat if the fan can't move.

Also check to see if the esc has a fan, sometimes they get a leaf or piece of straw jamed up and will overheat if the fan can't move.
The battery was fully charged before I ran it but I will check to see if there is a fan or any kind of blockage thanks

I'm dealing with a similar problem. they are sending me a new esc. I will let you know if that changes anything for me. I wonder if there is a bad batch that shipped or something.

Are you using Nimh batteries by any chance?

I had a similar problem on my Granite BLX, whereby the truck would run for several seconds before stopping and only the front wheels would move. I think it is something to do with the ESC program mode...I never did get to the bottom of it. I just put in a 2s Lipo and it's ran fine ever since.

Hope you get it sorted.

Yes I thought about getting a hold of the warranty company and seeing what they say and yes it is the stock battery 2000 NiMH battery

Your esc is probably programed for a lipo battery. Refer to your manual and set it for Nimh battery. Sometimes if you turn the vehicle on before the transmitter this happens or you accidentally hit the set button located near the on off switch on the vehicle. Hope you sort it out.

Update: I took my truck to the hobby shop and they said the esc was bad. They put a new one in and it runs great now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back