New GRP tyres 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkhlouf

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
NEW TYRES LINE 1:8 GT 2022 are expected in few days. Increased diameter and width, updated compounds etc.

New PBs in perspective!

C046665D-4B37-4F56-85C8-FF6663774CC2.jpeg

I wonder what the diameter is. That's the only thing that keeps me away from grps. Fingers crossed.

Cool I can use them for upcoming Vendetta build

Looks interesting.
I don't see any bullet points about high speed use. Probably still 50% chance of a blow out above 140 mph.

I like that 100% balanced claim. Recent GRPs have been terrible!
Looks like this PMT tires is it

1641320468810.png

1641320491650.png

Looks interesting.
I don't see any bullet points about high speed use. Probably still 50% chance of a blow out above 140 mph.

I like that 100% balanced claim. Recent GRPs have been terrible!
Looks like this PMT tires is it

View attachment 190385
View attachment 190386
Both Italian, but I am certain these are different brands.

I do suspect they will stay very close a to 100mm diameter

I wonder what the diameter is. That's the only thing that keeps me away from grps. Fingers crossed.
Funny thing is, I turn my foams down to the same 98mm, just like the fastest guys do.

Funny thing is, I turn my foams down to the same 98mm, just like the fastest guys do.
Honestly, I'm only complaining from a total aesthetic only pov. I just hate the way they look. ;D

Has anyone used a set yet? I see they only claim to be tested to 50mph. What were the old one's tested to? I know we all run them at more than 50mph.

Edit: Are they at least as capable of the old tires? I'm assuming they just published those speeds as a CYA thing, which I get.

Last edited:
They are 99mm which is closer to hoons I guess. I actually think they look better in person than the old ones. I have a pair for my limitless, but I haven't tried them yet.

They are 99mm which is closer to hoons I guess. I actually think they look better in person than the old ones. I have a pair for my limitless, but I haven't tried them yet.
Did you balance them out?
If so how much weight did they need?

I’ve got a dozen sets or so of the previous gen GRPs and I’d say about 1 in 8 were too out of balance for speed running over 120

Did you balance them out?
If so how much weight did they need?

I’ve got a dozen sets or so of the previous gen GRPs and I’d say about 1 in 8 were too out of balance for speed running over 120
Sadly I've never balanced a tire in my life and lack the experience to do so. Also never been past 94 mph. :cry:

Got my new GRP tires.
They are the GTJ XM3 model (GTJ = hard wheel) (XM3 = soft tire)
I was shocked that they didn't need balancing. One of the 4 could use a tiny amount, but you could live with it. Coming from the old ones that were so bad I am stunned.

I have not run them yet, but I cannot imagine seeing any difference in grip. I'll be using them for speeds between 80-110 mph so I cannot say how they will do at very high speeds, but they are a bit heavier than the originals so I expect the same trouble at 130+ mph.

I'll grab a weight difference this afternoon.

1647972349763.png

1647972392080.png

1647972445021.png

Last edited:
@LibertyMKiii may I ask were do you purchase them? I have looked with no luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back