Granite New Guy here ideas welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveO83

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey,
I just recently purchased my first Arrma the Granite BLX . Just wondering what up grades would anyone recommend . Take in mind my 3 year old son will also be playing with this . Sooooooo bulletproof would be the best lmao .

Hey,
I just recently purchased my first Arrma the Granite BLX . Just wondering what up grades would anyone recommend . Take in mind my 3 year old son will also be playing with this . Sooooooo bulletproof would be the best lmao .
Welcome to the forum! You'll find countless mods in the granite 2s or 3s sections here and so much info to upgrade and bulletproof.

Welcome! The Granite blx is pretty tough out of the box. Bash it as is, if you think it needs more front end protection then change out the bumper.

Welcome to the forum. As others have suggested a front bumper would be a great idea, esp with a 3yr old using it. Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. As a Granite BLX owner I would give you a list of things I’ve upgraded or broken myself:

1) New servo. The stock servo sucks badly and will cause crashes

2) A-arms are a weak point. Either upgrade them or buy spares.

3) Stock tires aren’t that great TBH. I really like my Pro-Line Badland MX28’s which will also require 17mm hubs. I bought the Hot Racing 10mm offset hubs to add width for stability. You could also buy the stock Typhon 3S hubs from Jenny’s RC.

4) Just busted my rear shock tower yesterday at the skate park after many 15 foot vertical landings on asphalt. Might want to have some spares on hand if jumping that high on hard surfaces.

5) Some people upgrade shocks early too. I’m not there yet, but I think most people buy a mixture of Senton 6S and Typhon 6S shocks.

6) You can also adjust the punch setting to a higher setting, which will make it take off slower with more control.

7) You May want to adjust the slipper clutch a little looser so he doesn’t wheelie as much, which will help steering.

cheapo chinese servos and shocks can go a long way in upgrading your ride for very little monetary investment.

Look for stuff made for 1/8 or even 1/5 scale RC cars. The cheapo chinese stuff for 1/10 scale RC cars tend to be a bit too flimsy for the arrma 4x4 series.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back