Talion New Guy - Tally V3 on 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synack

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello all, I'm back from an almost 10 year hiatus back when Nitro was doing well. I had nitro buggies and a T-Maxx.

Now here I am again and I just picked up a brand new Talion V3 with two 6S Lipo 6000mah batteries.

I'm curious as to what some of the first few things that are no-brainer purchases or modifications that most owners should typically do.

Welcome back! I would pipe in, but I'm still parked in the 3s realm. I'll let the 6s guys offer up guidance.

Set the steering end points as that’ll help the servo out. Stick a bumper on the front and rear.
That’s all I’ve done.

Set the steering end points as that’ll help the servo out. Stick a bumper on the front and rear.
That’s all I’ve done.

How do you have them setup? Recommendations?

For general 6s bashing g, you will probably want thicker diff oil, at least for the center. 100k-500k depending on personal preference.

Read the 'shim the diffs' sticky thread. Not needed right away, but if you have the diffs out to re-oil them, go ahead and check the shims.

Some like to upgrade the servo, or servo mount, or chassis braces, but that is not needed right away, unless you plan on jumping to the moon.

Welcome!

Other than diff shims, oil and shock oil mine is stock. It rips good and jumps great!

For general 6s bashing g, you will probably want thicker diff oil, at least for the center. 100k-500k depending on personal preference.

Read the 'shim the diffs' sticky thread. Not needed right away, but if you have the diffs out to re-oil them, go ahead and check the shims.

Some like to upgrade the servo, or servo mount, or chassis braces, but that is not needed right away, unless you plan on jumping to the moon.

Welcome!

I was looking at the chassis braces because I will likely end up doing "into the clouds" stuff like this guy

I was looking at the chassis braces because I will likely end up doing "into the clouds" stuff like this guy

Sweet!! I cant wait for more vids... !! That guy is @Rich Duperbash ... He makes some of the best arrma vids there are.. But, if you want to make vids like that... This is what you need to get started..

-go pro w/ headmount
-2-3 trucks min
-3 diffs on hand
-tools on hand
-rpm a arms front and back on hand (multiples)
-pinions on hand
-wheels on hand
-most arrma parts on hand
-a bad a$$ dirt jump track
- or many kickers
-year round weather
-editing software

That is a start.

Sweet!! I cant wait for more vids... !! That guy is @Rich Duperbash ... He makes some of the best arrma vids there are.. But, if you want to make vids like that... This is what you need to get started..

-go pro w/ headmount
-2-3 trucks min
-3 diffs on hand
-tools on hand
-rpm a arms front and back on hand (multiples)
-pinions on hand
-wheels on hand
-most arrma parts on hand
-a bad a$$ dirt jump track
- or many kickers
-year round weather
-editing software

That is a start.

I could probably make a lot of that happen but I really need to find some good spots here in Atlanta. Already have the 4K GoPro and already assumed I'd be buying multiples backup parts. I just got a TON of tools on top of what I already had, so I'm getting there. Just need some places to go.

Voltage makes amazing parts and I would highly recommend both their chassis braces and servo mount.

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/store/c10/V3/2018_Talion_Upgrades_.html#/

Same method for the Talion as in this video for setting endpoints. Like he says, you want to set them so there's no strain on the servo horn. You'll be able to hear the "whine" the servo makes when it hits the strain point when you do it. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back