New here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rss1978

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

just set up this beast with parts from my xmaxx, first Arrma car for me and very impressed so far, had team associated, losi, traxxas, Schumacher and Tamiya cars in the past and very impressed with the Arrma build quality, what’s the common upgrades from factory?

I’m looking to get this thing on 8s and looking for a new esc and motor so I can get the traxxas up and running again, any recommendations?

Really gutted the right rear wheel was shipped fro the factory in the wrong direction so waiting for a new one before I attempt a high speed run :(

Attachments

• 54AC476C-5FE6-47EA-AFEB-017647AFED55.jpeg
    54AC476C-5FE6-47EA-AFEB-017647AFED55.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 53
Love my Lim. but it was an early release and had many issues with it also. HH stepped up no problem. I am not surprised you got a wrong directional tire. I would drive it as is. But of course have HH send you the correct ones. They will probably send you a left and right as a pair. You will soon learn that the directional design wears out fast anyway, so it doesn't matter. Of course if you are looking for 150mph these Hoons aren't even the tires you want anyway. Get a set of foamies or GRP slicks. If you are just bashing and drifting, tires are insignificant. They will wear out very fast as you will learn. If you want speed runs around 80'ish mph, break-in the Hoons and then balance them. They will be good enough in that speed range.

edit: if you drift and bash hard on the Hoons, don't expect them to be speed runner tires anymore. Dedicated speed running tires should be kept as such and vice versa. This goes for any set of tires in your arsenal.

Last edited:
The 1717 seems to fall in the sweetspot as some have stated. 5.5amp speced' I believe.

Thanks guys!

looking forward to a high speed on road car, always had off-road until now.
So sounds like I will run the golds for cold weather bashing, whites for summer bashing then silvers or 3rd party for high speed runs only.

Just start driving slower until you can get a feel for the speed and driving input capabilities gradually. High speed equates to major $damage$ as well as injury to people and property.
There's little margin for error when it comes to 19 pounds of mass and 60+ mph speeds. Braking requires much more distance. Find suitable areas to run that are appropriate with high speeds. Keep children out of harms way. Children want to be up close and in the way. Just reality. Govern accordingly and you will have fun. :cool:

Yes for sure, had close calls with my losi 5 and xmaxx in open fields with the kids running towards them, my boys a bit older now and understands a bit more, won’t be planning any high speed runs in public areas for this reason!

I find dogs to be a problem too. Dogs hate RC cars and chase them and chew on the tires. Been there. Its ugly. Owneres don't leash their dogs. But its the law. When their dog supposedly gets hurt, people gather and curse you out. Even after a talk with the dogs owner prior. I love animals. And hve them too. But for some reason you end up looking like an animal hater. Been there. Bad experiences.

Yup had the same issue over the years, fully custom alloy losi 5 weighs allot, that vs dog there is only one winner every time!

I love animals also so am very careful.

Careful for me, is usually after the owner tells me where to go.... I just pack my stuff and move on. Not worth it.

luckily I’ve not had any impacts with animals to date, I always stop the car instantly when I see one and taught my son to do the same.
Will the castle 1717 bolt straight on to the factory motor mount?

It was a nightmare installing the traxxas xmaxx motor as they don’t use standard mounts, luckily the holes lined up so I was able to strip the motor and remove the top cover and countersink the standard mounting holes from behind and use screws as studs to secure the motor from the outside with nuts, was a very fiddly operation but solid fitting.

Yeah I stop too, walk up to it so the dogs owner sees what's up. But usually they are farrr away. When they chew on the tires I immediately tell them they it will cost them $$. They usually get it. But not always. The usual response is: "he just wants to play". No kidding! I had my Axial Honcho tire chewed off the wheel buy a large Pitbull off its leash. Things got ugly fast. Crawlers are super slow. Couldn't get from the dog. Afraid to pick up my rig, dog would have jumped at me for sure. Expensive $40/pair tires and ruined Crawler Innovation foams. Cost me like $60.00 to replace. This can be the ugly stuff with RC'ing. And hard to avoid. At least where I live A loose dog will spot my rig from 200ft away and its a wrap..

Some pics
Yeah I stop too, walk up to it so the dogs owner sees what's up. But usually they are farrr away. When they chew on the tires I immediately tell them they it will cost them $$. They usually get it. But not always. The usual response is: "he just wants to play". No kidding! I had my Axial Honcho tire chewed off the wheel buy a large Pitbull off its leash. Things got ugly fast. Crawlers are super slow. Couldn't get from the dog. Afraid to pick up my rig, dog would have jumped at me for sure. Expensive $40/pair tires and ruined Crawler Innovation foams. Cost me like $60.00 to replace. This can be the ugly stuff with RC'ing. And hard to avoid. At least where I live A loose dog will spot my rig from 200ft away and its a wrap..
that sucks!

Attachments

• 2198C09B-EE23-48C5-86EB-B0137083DDAC.jpeg
    2198C09B-EE23-48C5-86EB-B0137083DDAC.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 45
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back