Kraton New , hopefully, strong wing mount.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeBee71

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Ok so after like four broken wings and mounts, I decided to combine a couple ideas I have seen on here. Here is the finished oroduct

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rear bumper, Can you show the bottom of the rear bumper to see how you mounted it?

I have tested this mod thoroughly. The only flaw is mounting the links to the wing mount. I had to change to make it connect to my Wing. I run this on all my Arrmas and after changing to the flexible wing 0 breakage since. And its been months.

20210214_131353.jpg

Rear bumper, Can you show the bottom of the rear bumper to see how you mounted it?
The links I use have standoffs that act as a nice support and give a pivot ball to the joint down at the hinge pin holder.

20210123_195616.jpg
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
I have taken a few more pics of the bottom end on the noto and kraton. Just as a note they move 100% freely no binding. If it starts binding youll pop a link off the ball end.

Kraton
20210215_175924.jpg

Notorious
20210215_175932.jpg
20210215_180038.jpg

This is what I used, 1x30mm 12.9 m3 caphead. 2 m4 nuts. 1 m4 Rear upper Suspension link. The link in this picture doesn't have the ball link and is a m3 steering link, and not what I use. Just wanted to show concept and the materials used.
20210215_182048.jpg

Last edited:
I have tested this mod thoroughly. The only flaw is mounting the links to the wing mount. I had to change to make it connect to my Wing. I run this on all my Arrmas and after changing to the flexible wing 0 breakage since. And its been months.

Where did you get the flexible wing? I want to print one but I can't find a 6s kraton wing model on thingiverse.

Oh yeah I can snap a pic tomorrow car is at work now.
Sorry misunderstood what he meant...

Pretty happy with this mod. Prevented my wingmounts from snapping.
After bad landing:

Simple snap back in place:

I mounted them to the tbone block on the bottom, drilled and tapped M3 holes. Wing screw holes supported with custom alu plates but now moved to washers to spread the load a little.
Using M3 stainless steel threaded rod from Amazon, a lot cheaper. I bought 110mm long but trimmed to 100mm.

20210220_123447.jpg

20210220_123511.jpg

I’m done with wings on the EXB. What else can I do body or otherwise to protect shock towers?
any other advice other than stop jumping cause I guess I don’t know how to do it right. 😳😜

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back