New Hot Racing motor fan setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Anyone else see this motor fan setup from hot racing? Specs says 12v max but using with even a 4S battery would be more than that right? Just trying to see if anyone else has tried it yet. I like the setup in that you don't have to plug into the receiver for power. I have no open slots anymore. Here's a link

https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON505F06;c=926

It is designed for a 3S system
It says input 11.1 volts. I doubt it would work well at 6V.

Well, that seems kind of stupid. What 1/8th arrma is really designed to run any less than 4S?

Oh, they are intending on you to plug it in between the packs when on 2x3S (6S). So it's only seeing 3S of one of the packs. Which means is it's going to put a draw on only one pack. Not sure how much that adds up over a 20 minute run, but in theory, may not be a great idea as it will cause one of the packs voltage to drop more than the other. Then again, unless it's a really high RPM fan, it's probably only pulling .1-.2A... so may not be that bad.

Plugged it in with a single 4s for about ten seconds. It comes on and blows pretty good. I mostly use 4s as to make my tires last longer. So if I used it with a single 6s battery it may fry the fan? Or maybe just shorten its life? Fan speed is definitely faster running one 4s compared to 2x3s batteries. 4s doesn't really heat the motor that bad so maybe I will just use it when running 6s.

Thread revive! I'm going to be putting one of these in my v4 Talion. I use the cc waterproof bec 2.0 for my servo so I plan to use that to power this and the hot racing 30*30 fan for the esc by slicing the two fans together to a single servo plug. I bet the fans run at anything between 5v and 12.6v since they're just repurposed cheap pc fans. I'll report in with my final product for future fan seekers.

Usually 5v fans will die quickly on 12v. But a 12v fan will usually run slow AF on 5v. I wouldn’t run this HR fan above 12v as they spec it out. It may be a 5v fan that they are pushing to 12v. A normal 12v fan could probably take 16-18v before cooking.

I'll probably run it at 7.5v as that's what I have my bec at for my savox servo. If it's slow maybe I'll change things around but I think it'll be fine. From what I can tell it's the exact same fan as another fan I have for soldering that says 8v max on it. Same blades same dimensions same windings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back