New HPI Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful now, Traxxas may sue it out of existance becuase it has a battery box on each side of the chassis.
The Savage has had battery trays on the side since the mid 2000s.
And Traxxas already did sue HPI while they were struggling for their waterproof receiver box which was one of the many reasons they almost went the way of the Dodo.

The Savage has had battery trays on the side since the mid 2000s.
And Traxxas already did sue HPI while they were struggling for their waterproof receiver box which was one of the many reasons they almost went the way of the Dodo.
Just because it has existed for a while doesn't mean Traxxas won't sue. They sued Redcat for using 2 servos for steering, desipte being on 1/5 scale cars for a long time beforehand; the sued HobbyFever out of business because they sold too much inventory online; the sued Maclan Racing for having an ESC named differently than their own. With the record Traxxas maintains, and the fragility of HPI as it is now, it seems like an abundantly easy target for Traxxas to attack.

Careful now, Traxxas may sue it out of existance becuase it has a battery box on each side of the chassis.
Probably so.. traxxas think that they thought of it all.. including when they truly didn't.. I will not support them for doing this. Doesn't give a chance for other companies to try anything if they fear a lawsuit

Just because it has existed for a while doesn't mean Traxxas won't sue. They sued Redcat for using 2 servos for steering, desipte being on 1/5 scale cars for a long time beforehand; the sued HobbyFever out of business because they sold too much inventory online; the sued Maclan Racing for having an ESC named differently than their own. With the record Traxxas maintains, and the fragility of HPI as it is now, it seems like an abundantly easy target for Traxxas to attack.
Traxxas never sued Redcat for using 2 servos they sued Redcat for copying their patented steering assembly. https://www.scribd.com/document/232575603/Traxxas-v-Namero-LLC-d-b-a-Redcat-Racing
  • Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism For A Model Vehicle

Traxxas never sued Hobbyfever, they told Hobbyfever that they were no longer going to supply them with product, Hobbyfever had too many eggs in the Traxxas basket and screwed themselves over by relying on one brand to support their business.

The sued Maclan Racing for having an esc call the MMAX and Traxxas felt that it encroached on their Trademark for Maxx.

Traxxas can't sue HPI for using them because 1 they don't hold a patent on side mounted battery trays, 2 it is past the statute of limitations as again the Savage has had side mounted battery trays since the mid 2000s , 3 they would also have to go after Hobao and 4 neither company resides in the US so they are SOL.
Probably so.. traxxas think that they thought of it all.. including when they truly didn't.. I will not support them for doing this. Doesn't give a chance for other companies to try anything if they fear a lawsuit

Traxxas never thought they thought of it, they never patented cantilever shocks, they patented the orientation and angle at which the cantilevers operate which the Nero copied so well that the Traxxas parts would fit, guys were quite literally using the Traxxas cantilever posts on their Neros.
https://www.scribd.com/document/320063741/Traxxas-v-Hobbico-Amended-Complaint

These were all of the items that Arrma copied from the Revo.
  • Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism for a Model Vehicle
  • Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle
  • Vehicle Suspension for a Model Vehicle
  • Vehicle Mounted Coil Spring and Shock Assembly
Arrma thought they could get away with it by changing things just slightly, but as we all can clearly see they did not change them enough.

Last edited:
Traxxas never sued Redcat for using 2 servos they sued Redcat for copying their patented steering assembly. https://www.scribd.com/document/232575603/Traxxas-v-Namero-LLC-d-b-a-Redcat-Racing
  • Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism For A Model Vehicle

Traxxas never sued Hobbyfever, they told Hobbyfever that they were no longer going to supply them with product, Hobbyfever had too many eggs in the Traxxas basket and screwed themselves over by relying on one brand to support their business.

The sued Maclan Racing for having an esc call the MMAX and Traxxas felt that it encroached on their Trademark for Maxx.

Traxxas can't sue HPI for using them because 1 they don't hold a patent on side mounted battery trays, 2 it is past the statute of limitations as again the Savage has had side mounted battery trays since the mid 2000s , 3 they would also have to go after Hobao and 4 neither company resides in the US so they are SOL.

Traxxas never thought they thought of it, they never patented cantilever shocks, they patented the orientation and angle at which the cantilevers operate which the Nero copied so well that the Traxxas parts would fit, guys were quite literally using the Traxxas cantilever posts on their Neros.
https://www.scribd.com/document/320063741/Traxxas-v-Hobbico-Amended-Complaint

These were all of the items that Arrma copied from the Revo.
  • Integrated Center Point Steering Mechanism for a Model Vehicle
  • Protective Enclosure for Model Vehicle
  • Vehicle Suspension for a Model Vehicle
  • Vehicle Mounted Coil Spring and Shock Assembly
Arrma thought they could get away with it by changing things just slightly, but as we all can clearly see they did not change them enough.
Very informative 👍

Support your friendly RC manufacturer, buy an Arrma (or Savage) :D ;)
Or Ecx they make a lot of good cheap models, best alternative the Traxxas 2wd lineup.

HPI sent @Aussie RC Playground one for review.
I’m excited to her Vas thoughts.. 👍

9BE29292-921D-44C2-A88C-3BB91F1113E8.jpeg

By hook or by crook, I'm going to get one. Only question is electric or... nitro!
I want one also. Electric for me I think!
I have the Savage flux XL, the newer green body release. I think I’ll sell it and get this Savage X, if it’s anything like it’s XL counterpart, with a shorter chassis length it should be fairly tough. I’ve beat mine pretty good and have only tore a tire and lost the wheel nut. This new one looks to have 17mm hexes finally also.

The original Savage X 4.6 from like 2006 or so was my first nitro truck haha. And my first step up from Tamiya RC

2040 RC have done an unboxing and skate park bash if you want to see the new truck.

I just saw the RC Tanks and Trucks unboxing.

And how in the heck is it that after all these years their manual still has that same typo in it that my Firestorm manual had. Nothing like running that 3th tank of fuel :ROFLMAO:

I think this and the Kyosho USA-1 are the only 1/8 nitro MT's, amirite? Anything else out there?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back