New HPI Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hpi is making a come back finally. Even though I love my hpi products. And I know find its hard to find blitz parts. Can't wait to see what they will bring out in 2022

Screenshot_20211221-065917_Chrome.jpg

No kidding! I get hefty discounts on my RC stuff, and even then the price is barely reasonable.
I’ll check out your unboxing soon Im subscribed! But yes that price! That is $1000 cad dollars for us for a 1/8 scale truck!?? I do love HPI but I don’t think that much haha

I’ll check out your unboxing soon Im subscribed! But yes that price! That is $1000 cad dollars for us for a 1/8 scale truck!?? I do love HPI but I don’t think that much haha
The price it's selling for isn't very inviting,at least not to me. I've been in the hobby for quite some time and know the savage line has a solid rep but theres many others selling for alot less. Namely Arrma🤘

When you know if they are bones or CVD's can you post back? Also, can you get a comparison pic of a kraton or a kaiju a-arm next to the savage a-arm please?

They're dogbones on all 4 corners. :(

Savage always used dogbones exclusively, so I'm not surprised. It took them a long time to figure out how to design ones that wouldn't twist the ends off with a powerful engine/motor.
I have an older savage x 4.6. Front right dog bone was popping out while turning, had tu put some "spacers" so it doesn't move so much in and out and stays in the middle
Hpi use to make decent staff, but now they are way overpriced. Even if the price was identical to Traxxas line up, I would chose Traxxas any day. Savage is the reason I lost interest in nitro until I got nitro Traxxas. I had 100 issues with hpi

Savage always used dogbones exclusively, so I'm not surprised. It took them a long time to figure out how to design ones that wouldn't twist the ends off with a powerful engine/motor.
You know what? I was wrong to be talking about what I don't know. I don't have any direct experience.. I do feel it's overpriced but that's all I can say at this point. I'll stand down now✌️

You know what? I was wrong to be talking about what I don't know. I don't have any direct experience.. I do feel it's overpriced but that's all I can say at this point. I'll stand down now✌️
I can't say anything about electric hpi cars, but if you are looking to buy a nitro monster truck do yourself a favour and buy tmaxx 3.3 or Revo, otherwise you will pull your own hair with savage issues. This summer I scored a used tmaxx 3.3 in great shape, some spare parts, Bluetooth module on tqi radio and a half a gallon of nitro for 110$. This kind of deals don't pop up that often, but sometimes you can find a really good deal

Screenshot_20211223-162151.png

Awesome rip! Shame about the slipper. I'm sure it's easy to get to though?
It sure is fugly.. looks like it belongs in a Lego movie🤣

Yeah, super easy to get to, I think it’s four screws to remove the top cover. One of the pads wasn’t seated right, so I had to fix that.

Yeah, super easy to get to, I think it’s four screws to remove the top cover. One of the pads wasn’t seated right, so I had to fix that.
Oh good, glad to hear. What's your opinion on using a slipper on a 6s mt?
I'm not familiar, but seems people have issues with Arrma's slipper setup?

Oh good, glad to hear. What's your opinion on using a slipper on a 6s mt?
I'm not familiar, but seems people have issues with Arrma's slipper setup?

I think it will hold up. The truck steers really well out of the box, I don't think the slipper is going to be a hindrance. Also has a center diff option if that's what you want.

IMO, people who have problems with Arrma slippers don't know how to set them. Same as every other RC car with a slipper. The V2's/V1's were problematic without the plastic nut, but the V3's are solid IMO.

I think it will hold up. The truck steers really well out of the box, I don't think the slipper is going to be a hindrance. Also has a center diff option if that's what you want.

IMO, people who have problems with Arrma slippers don't know how to set them. Same as every other RC car with a slipper. The V2's/V1's were problematic without the plastic nut, but the V3's are solid IMO.
I have hpi savage x 4.6. I had a lot of issues with it but the biggest was a slipper clutch. In my opinion the issue is bushing on the slipper clutch/spur gear. Traxxas is using a ball bearing instead. So as the clutch slips counter clockwise, it's actually unscrewing the clutch but. I just checked hpi site and standard parts, and it looks like the spur gear is upgraded to metal, and clutch pads look more heavy duty but it's still using the same design like previous gen savage. I was using stock plastic spur and clutch, and I never ended the ride without stripping spur or burning the crappy paper clutch. While slipping clutch will get lose by itself

Slipper clutch is one of the few things I didn't have issues with on my Savage 25 even after installing a much more powerful engine/pipe. It was set and forget, unlike the rest of the drivetrain. Plastic spur gears did strip but only a handful over several years of owning the truck.

This is seriously the most fun, BEST tuned MT out of the box, bar none. Next video drops tomorrow morning but it handles almost perfectly out of the box, plenty of power, amazing tires. And I'm pretty damn picky about how an RC car should drive.

I've had a lot of diff issues, even shimmed correctly, and have other concerns, so I'm not sure this thing is truly 6S rated, but wow, what a truck.

This is seriously the most fun, BEST tuned MT out of the box, bar none. Next video drops tomorrow morning but it handles almost perfectly out of the box, plenty of power, amazing tires. And I'm pretty damn picky about how an RC car should drive.

I've had a lot of diff issues, even shimmed correctly, and have other concerns, so I'm not sure this thing is truly 6S rated, but wow, what a truck.
What kind of diff issues?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back