Infraction New Infraction owner, first ever road rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Sold a rig earlier, hour later ordered an infraction. Already ordered the scorched fenders and side skirts, 3 extra sets of tires and a high speed 35mm fan for the motor.

Ok...so diffs, what weight is everyone running? My first ever on road car, so should be interesting.

Also the hand brake - do you really use it? Wanted to ditch the stock transmitter and use my Flysky, but I think the 3rd channel will not operate it as a switch to hold then release.

Will do typical full breakdown of all diffs and other parts before running.

All my rigs have 500k in the center but the infraction I got a few weeks ago is still stock and to be honest it's been great. I might try 500k in the center just for kicks, but it is nice out of the box imo. It seems a lot of people around here find the handbrake to be useless but personally I enjoy it. I think it adds another fun aspect to the rig even though my radiolink doesn't have a perfectly placed button for it I still make it work.

It really can eat up some tires though. Check these out. Knockoff hoons that have been excellent so far and even seem to last longer. Your wallet will thank you.

For My V1 Infr. I went up to 200k at center. Stock oil both front and rear. 200k is fine and I want no more for sub 100mph speeds. PB is 98. Stock electrics.
My Lim, I run a spool if I want it locked at center for decidcated speed running only.

I would never be a fan of that Hand brake fluff.
I would absoutely use the Flysky Radio set.
I am sure you can setup the Hand brake with it, if you know your Flysky well enough. And are so inclined.
I would toss the Hand brake completely in a heartbeat if I had a V2 Infr. Just un needed parts and servo. More of a liabiity leaving it there. Again, it's just Gimmecky novelty Fluff IMHO. The way you use it etc. is just lame. The novelty will wear off. Play with it and judge for yourself.:unsure:
RC's just can't be driven like scale drift cars. I think the HB was just a Marketting gimmeck. And a way to markup the V2 Infr Price and entice buyers to get an Infr with a Hand brake. Like it is gold or something.:LOL:
My spin.:cool:

All my rigs have 500k in the center but the infraction I got a few weeks ago is still stock and to be honest it's been great. I might try 500k in the center just for kicks, but it is nice out of the box imo. It seems a lot of people around here find the handbrake to be useless but personally I enjoy it. I think it adds another fun aspect to the rig even though my radiolink doesn't have a perfectly placed button for it I still make it work.

It really can eat up some tires though. Check these out. Knockoff hoons that have been excellent so far and even seem to last longer. Your wallet will thank you.
+1 on everything here. Leave the car stock for starters. I think it's great out of the box too.

For My V1 Infr. I went up to 200k at center. Stock oil both front and rear. 200k is fine and I want no more for sub 100mph speeds. PB is 98. Stock electrics.
My Lim, I run a spool if I want it locked at center for decidcated speed running only.

I would never be a fan of that Hand brake fluff.
I would absoutely use the Flysky Radio set.
I am sure you can setup the Hand brake with it, if you know your Flysky well enough. And are so inclined.
I would toss the Hand brake completely in a heartbeat if I had a V2 Infr. Just un needed parts and servo. More of a liabiity leaving it there. Again, it's just Gimmecky novelty Fluff IMHO. The way you use it etc. is just lame. The novelty will wear off. Play with it and judge for yourself.:unsure:
RC's just can't be driven like scale drift cars. I think the HB was just a Marketting gimmeck. And a way to markup the V2 Infr Price and entice buyers to get an Infr with a Hand brake. Like it is gold or something.:LOL:
My spin.:cool:
Thanks. Yeah, it is coming off when I get it. Really don't think it will add much to the experience.

Yep, those are the exact tires I ordered. 3 sets. Going to order up a few GRPs to to try

Sold a rig earlier, hour later ordered an infraction. Already ordered the scorched fenders and side skirts, 3 extra sets of tires and a high speed 35mm fan for the motor.

Ok...so diffs, what weight is everyone running? My first ever on road car, so should be interesting.

Also the hand brake - do you really use it? Wanted to ditch the stock transmitter and use my Flysky, but I think the 3rd channel will not operate it as a switch to hold then release.

Just a courtesy heads up..

Remember to set your Braking Up (to 50%) BEFORE you go ripping down the parking lot /street.
Saves your frontend from kissing a curb/light pole/parked car/your ankle! ;)

Here's a quick vid for reference >

I bought a mildly used and modified V2 from a member here without the handbrake. Mine has a spool for speedruns, which I've yet to do and also a center diff. Since this is my first road car as well, I've only run mine on 4s. The front and rear diffs are untouched as far as weight, I have 200k in the center diff. Works good for me, tires have held up so far in 2 parking lot bashes. I'm kinda going easy on it to learn how to handle and tune it but ultimately because I have a pair of bodies that I bought for it and don't want to trash it before I get them mounted and painted...
I really have fun with this thing, the size is impressive.

20220624_154505.jpg

Just a courtesy heads up..

Remember to set your Braking Up (to 50%) BEFORE you go ripping down the parking lot /street.
Saves your frontend from kissing a curb/light pole/parked car/your ankle! ;)

Here's a quick vid for reference >

Thanks. I will check the setting. The online manual says it is at 75% stock setting.

Thanks. I will check the setting. The online manual says it is at 75% stock setting.
Ya there has been changes to some of those manuals and my that may be incorrect. Definitely invest in the programmer if using Spektrum esc. My 160amp is default 25%. I had saved the new manual but can't find the screen shot atm

Man the way some hate on the handbrake around here you would think it actually slept with their wives or something. :ROFLMAO: What do you gain by taking it out? a savings of 30 grams or something? I really don't understand all the hate.

Man the way some hate on the handbrake around here you would think it actually slept with their wives or something. :ROFLMAO: What do you gain by taking it out? a savings of 30 grams or something? I really don't understand all the hate.
I thought the thing was fun as hell. I had to drop it after moving to a spool because the brake disc didn't fit over the drive cup.

Well - I am an engineer by profession. So the way I think about everything is if you can make it work like you want it to with less parts - it is more efficient, therefore better!

I like throttle, and drift my offroad rigs by use of throttle. Will remove it when I get the rig and break it all down to check everything anyways.

Any new rig I ever get it takes a few days before I can run them anyways due to removing all diffs, shock oil checks, etc. Just be easiest to remove at the beginning when I am taking out the center diff for rebuild.

It honestly depends on how it works with my FlySky transmitter. I do have a great button on the grip at your thumb that will be really easy to hit while driving, BUT - I don't know how that button controls. Like will it activate the brake when pushed, then release it when released? I am going to do some testing to see how it reacts first.

Last edited:
Well - I am an engineer by profession. So the way I think about everything is if you can make it work like you want it to with less parts - it is more efficient, therefore better!

I like throttle, and drift my offroad rigs by use of throttle. Will remove it when I get the rig and break it all down to check everything anyways.

Any new rig I ever get it takes a few days before I can run them anyways due to removing all diffs, shock oil checks, etc. Just be easiest to remove at the beginning when I am taking out the center diff for rebuild.
I got really used to doing drifts on throttle as I had never used a handbrake before. Now that I have it though It definitely is a different drift than doing it from throttle. I guess thats why I never understood why people said it's useless. The drift from throttle and the drift from handbrake very different. I guess you could say a drift is a drift is a drift but I definitely feel like the things I can pull off with the handbrake would be a helluva lot harder without it haha.

I wish I had your patience to decontruct it all before you run it!! I don't even check diffs, I just change electronics, charge and pray to my RC gods everything will work out :eek: :ROFLMAO:

GRP tires are the beeeeeest. I like them tons better than hoons for looks and for driving. I don't do a lot of drifitng so I run soft or mediums and they are lasting a long long time because they are just shredding they are actually gripping. They are fantastic

I thought the thing was fun as hell. I had to drop it after moving to a spool because the brake disc didn't fit over the drive cup.
Ahh that makes sense! I almost dropped the one in my fireteam to fit a longer motor haha.

GRP tires are the beeeeeest. I like them tons better than hoons for looks and for driving. I don't do a lot of drifitng so I run soft or mediums and they are lasting a long long time because they are just shredding they are actually gripping. They are fantastic
Have a set of these on order, as well as (3) sets of Hoon knockoffs. So will have a total of (5) sets of tires with the new rig to play with.

1663010553874.png

the handbrake probably gets around less then some wife's do!! Just say'n

Congrats

The Infraction v1 was my first rig when C19 hit in 2020, and I got into the hobby. It has a special place for me...drifting is my taste no speed runs...love to see it slide sideways at full throttle.

I eat tires it's the way I bash on the throttle full time. No handbrake on the v1, but I like the power slide, stop with drift. I do have the ESC brake at 100% but I do not use it in that manner to overwork the motor. I just need it ready for an extreme stop when foolish cars shoot across the open parking lot. I trap the brake on/off, on/off to bring to a stop if not sliding to a stop vs. holding it.

Motor timing 15deg
Diff 50/200/20k
19T pinion on stock 2050kv motor. Have a 20T, but bashing is not needed and temps all stay under max...so my never change it
Firma 160A ESC
LVC (Low)
Punch 4
AVC 3 settings I tweak with my DX5C

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back