Infraction New Infraction owner, first ever road rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man the way some hate on the handbrake around here you would think it actually slept with their wives or something. :ROFLMAO: What do you gain by taking it out? a savings of 30 grams or something? I really don't understand all the hate.
Dude, you remove the stock electronics in everything you buy. Shut it. 🤣🤣🤣

First run on the books!

20220916_105929.jpg
20220916_105934.jpg
20220916_111121.jpg

Man the way some hate on the handbrake around here you would think it actually slept with their wives or something. :ROFLMAO: What do you gain by taking it out? a savings of 30 grams or something? I really don't understand all the hate.
I guess you were referring to me included. :)
It is not so much about the weight savings. The whole HB thing is counterintuitive. The way you control it at the radio and all. The HB servo will just sit there for the most part taking up space and BEC overhead. Becomes a liability and makes the chassis cramped and bloated at the center diff. Nothing wrong with the ESC brakes and steering by itself for controlled drifts. Its just a novelty that wears off. Why keep it there anyway. The V1 infraction worked fine without it. Now that V2 has it, makes the Infr even better???? Not.
The OE plastic mounting setup flexes too much as well. A poor execution. They make Alloy upgrade versions, But in reality what is the whole purpose of the HB. You can't drift an RC like a real Drift car with a HB.
Only my opinion. I am sure many love that HB. Just No one has explained why it is the cats meow for them however. Its just gimmecky fluff.
Has it changed the whole RC thing? IS it a game changer???? Show me.:unsure:
I never seen any serious speedrunner leave it on the chassis.
Bashing/drifting with a HB...How? Help me to understand it better.:) Drive, then jamb the HB button?? What does that do? Manual says not to throttle or brake while doing so. Concept seems new. Execution NG. Seems like something a TOY RC would have.
I call it marketting fluff.

Last edited:
I guess you were referring to me included. :)
It is not so much about the weight savings. The whole HB thing is counterintuitive. The way you control it at the radio and all. The HB servo will just sit there for the most part taking up space and BEC overhead. Becomes a liability and makes the chassis cramped and bloated at the center diff. Nothing wrong with the ESC brakes and steering by itself for controlled drifts. Its just a novelty that wears off. Why keep it there anyway. The V1 infraction worked fine without it. Now that V2 has it, makes the Infr even better???? Not.
The OE plastic mounting setup flexes too much as well. A poor execution. They make Alloy upgrade versions, But in reality what is the whole purpose of the HB. You can't drift an RC like a real Drift car with a HB.
Only my opinion. I am sure many love that HB. Just No one has explained why it is the cats meow for them however. Its just gimmecky fuff.
Has it changed the whole RC thing? IS it a game changer???? Show me.:unsure:
I never seen any serious speedrunner leave it on the chassis.
Bashing/drifting with a HB...How? Help me to understand it better.:) Drive, then jamb the HB button?? What does that do? Manual says not to throttle or brake while doing so. Concept seems new. Execution NG. Seems like something a TOY RC would have.
I call it marketting fluff.
The esc brake doesn't brake the same way as the handbrake. I think having it makes the v2 better, have you actually tried to use it and compare the braking behavior between the two? They literally behave completely different. I can basically hit a 180 with the press of a button, you can't do that. Even if you brake and turn you won't get it to behave the same way as the handbrake.

If they make the car behave in a totally different way compared to the normal brake, then it's ADDING something to the experience. Now you might not like what it adds and thats totally fine, but it does add something and it's not weird for people to like what it adds.

I agree with you on a lot of stuff but this definitely not one of them lol. It makes no sense to me when the handbrake literally allows you to drift around easier than not having it. There is a reason they added it.

If they make the car behave in a totally different way compared to the normal brake, then it's ADDING something to the experience. Now you might not like what it adds and thats totally fine, but it does add something and it's not weird for people to like what it adds.

I agree with you on a lot of stuff but this definitely not one of them lol. It makes no sense to me when the handbrake literally allows you to drift around easier than not having it. There is a reason they added it.
+1 Although mine didn't come with one.

Me thinks Steve prefers Horse and Buggy for transport, because engines, rubber tires, and a/c, are just fluff and gadgetry. 🤣

The esc brake doesn't brake the same way as the handbrake. I think having it makes the v2 better, have you actually tried to use it and compare the braking behavior between the two? They literally behave completely different. I can basically hit a 180 with the press of a button, you can't do that. Even if you brake and turn you won't get it to behave the same way as the handbrake.

I won’t own a car with a turbo JUST because it’s more sh>t to break. For those well have you owned a turbo YES a ford 2013 eco boost truck snd BOTH turbos went out with in 5k of each other at 70,000 miles and 75,000 miles. Had to fight with the dealer finally got them to cover 2/3 the cost. I’m sure the hand brake adds a DIFFERENT experience but I just see more things to fix/adjust or replace. I build my rigs for durability so replace what’s weak and remove what’s not needed. But if you like the hand brake I say that’s awesome have fun let’s go bash. But don’t be mad we don’t like the hand brake!!

I won’t own a car with a turbo JUST because it’s more sh>t to break. For those well have you owned a turbo YES a ford 2013 eco boost truck snd BOTH turbos went out with in 5k of each other at 70,000 miles and 75,000 miles. Had to fight with the dealer finally got them to cover 2/3 the cost. I’m sure the hand brake adds a DIFFERENT experience but I just see more things to fix/adjust or replace. I build my rigs for durability so replace what’s weak and remove what’s not needed. But if you like the hand brake I say that’s awesome have fun let’s go bash. But don’t be mad we don’t like the hand brake!!
I'm definitely not mad. I just didn't understand all the hate that others seem to have for something that adds to the experience. I mean literally every time it's mentioned people dog pile on it. In fact I think yall seem mad. Which I don't understand. :eek::ROFLMAO:

When I got my infraction I built mine before I drove it so I never experienced using the hand brake so I have no idea or in put. I just find it funny people get worked up either way about it! Personally I have a hard enough time driving without worring about a button to push! 😂

Added a little bit of bling, with functionality also. All aluminum front bumper with push bar for a bit of added body protection.

View attachment 244747

View attachment 244749
Nice Brother...

I keep my Infraction a bit lower than the stock and a slant rack towards the front to keep the front lower so when bashing wing will push the rear down. This gives me an even ride when bashing...batteries add weight. Not needed, but I like it a tiny bit lower stance than the factory, not slammed.

I also like the skid plates on the bottom...when I hard throttling turns, I like that it hits the skids and rubs them down vs the chassis. I think a cheap upgrade it's nice to have the skids.

Stance
1663697212882.png
1663697327445.png

Skids plates have stopped the new scratches wish I had done this in the beginning would not be so bad :)
1663697402328.png

Just ordered front and rear titanium skids from scorched. SPARKS BABY!!

Just make sure there's no gasoline spills on the road when you spark.. 💥

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back