Notorious New installs. T-Bone 10093 Bumper, T-Bone 10065 Chassis skid plate, and RPM front and rear A Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Just finished installing the above listed parts and thought Id share. The bumper required a bit of modding because the front brace didnt have the screw holes its suppose to so I made my own. And the 10065 skid plate was not what I expected. In the pics it shows front and rear skids and the double sided tape skid. But mine came with the skids, the tape piece and another large skid that covers a good portion of the chassis and screws in. So I used that instead of the sticky tape since I know Ill be needing to get to all those screws under the chassis. Id say about 90% of the bottom is covered now so thats cool.

The RPM A Arms were pretty straight forward with the exception of how easy it is to cross thread the steering blocks where the hub nuts with O-Rings go. Finally get them back in and straight but not before doing some thread damage. Oh well. $9.26 for another set aint bad. Anyway thats it. Heres some pics.

Attachments

• 20190913_213619.jpg
    20190913_213619.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 101
Just finished installing the above listed parts and thought Id share. The bumper required a bit of modding because the front brace didnt have the screw holes its suppose to so I made my own. And the 10065 skid plate was not what I expected. In the pics it shows front and rear skids and the double sided tape skid. But mine came with the skids, the tape piece and another large skid that covers a good portion of the chassis and screws in. So I used that instead of the sticky tape since I know Ill be needing to get to all those screws under the chassis. Id say about 90% of the bottom is covered now so thats cool.

The RPM A Arms were pretty straight forward with the exception of how easy it is to cross thread the steering blocks where the hub nuts with O-Rings go. Finally get them back in and straight but not before doing some thread damage. Oh well. $9.26 for another set aint bad. Anyway thats it. Heres some pics.
I have similar ups except no bottom skid. I'm very proud of my Black Betty...
IMG_20190826_220056063.jpg

Is the t-bone bumper supposed to bolt to the diffcase/bulkhead? I would think after a hard hit to it it would crack or RIP the screws through. But I don't have any experience with it I'm actully shopping for one and have been looking at info on the tbone and rpm and their both mixed opinions. But I would like to know about the holes you think with the small composite bumper you need for the rpm bumper would work with this and that piece is their so it can flex and still keep it down to a small impact.
Bumper in composite set AR330230

Is the t-bone bumper supposed to bolt to the diffcase/bulkhead? I would think after a hard hit to it it would crack or RIP the screws through. But I don't have any experience with it I'm actully shopping for one and have been looking at info on the tbone and rpm and their both mixed opinions. But I would like to know about the holes you think with the small composite bumper you need for the rpm bumper would work with this and that piece is their so it can flex and still keep it down to a small impact.

Heres a picture of the install diagram from T-Bone's site and one of my install. The bumper screws into the front brace piece that comes with the kit and the brace then screws into the bulkhead.

Attachments

• 10093_Pre-Assy_Armma_OutCast_Notorious_XV4_Front_934x700.JPG
    10093_Pre-Assy_Armma_OutCast_Notorious_XV4_Front_934x700.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190913_162344 - Copy.jpg
    20190913_162344 - Copy.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 69
Heres a picture of the install diagram from T-Bone's site and one of my install. The bumper screws into the front brace piece that comes with the kit and the brace then screws into the bulkhead.

Yeah I haven’t had much luck with the Tbone front bumper for the Outcast. It kept ripping out the front bulk head screws. I like the Kraton Tbone, but for the Outcast I am rocking the rpm front bumper.

Thanks for the info @Lride Chart and that's kind if what I thought about the bulkhead it just looks like it's going to rip out after an impact or two. I have had good luck with other no arrma Rpm bumpers so I think I might go that route.

Yeah I haven’t had much luck with the Tbone front bumper for the Outcast. It kept ripping out the front bulk head screws. I like the Kraton Tbone, but for the Outcast I am rocking the rpm front bumper.
Second the RPM bumper. And rear skid plate.?
20190830_123525.jpg

I've since lost the Outcast bumper and sporting the Typhon bumper.

Was it this same one?

Yes after a couple hard landings on the front it kept pulling the screws out or it broke my diff case. If you look at the design for the Kraton it doesn’t attach like that to the case. Why I’ve had more luck with it. It’s still a great bumper better than stock for sure. Just something to watch out for. Bash on brother ??

Yes after a couple hard landings on the front it kept pulling the screws out or it broke my diff case. If you look at the design for the Kraton it doesn’t attach like that to the case. Why I’ve had more luck with it. It’s still a great bumper better than stock for sure. Just something to watch out for. Bash on brother ??
Rpm and typhon bumper it is then.
The tbone skid plates look nice tho.

Well that kinda defeats the whole purpose. If it happens to mine looks like Ill also be going RPM for the bumper as well. Sucks because it wasnt cheap.

Just adding a couple more pics after I decided to install the T-Bone vinyl cover that comes with the chassis skid. It has to be cut, drilled, etc. So it was a bit of a pain to cut out the countersunk holes but after a couple I figured out a way with a blade that was easy. I love how it came out. Gives the bottom of the truck a bit of class, and a little extra protection.

20191212_032018.jpg
20191212_030748.jpg

Last edited:
I have used both bumpers and I find that the TbONE Racing Thrasher bumpers are the best in my opinion.
They give you a lot more coverage vs any other bumper on the market! I been running these bumpers on my #Kraton and #Notorious now for a few months and I have had zero problems.

This how I have mine installed on my 6s #Notorious rig:
1576154717652.png

Attachments

• Notorious Profile .jpeg
    Notorious Profile .jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 56
Yeah I have had the rpm front bumper on for about 6 months now and just installed the tbone kraton basher on the rear and I can say my rpm has held up well the tbone has only been ran once but was bought with the intent that it protects my rear shocks a little.

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_134213_363.jpg
    IMG_20191208_134213_363.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20191208_134213_359.jpg
    IMG_20191208_134213_359.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20191208_134213_386.jpg
    IMG_20191208_134213_386.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20191208_134213_370.jpg
    IMG_20191208_134213_370.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20191208_134213_389.jpg
    IMG_20191208_134213_389.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 43
Yeah I have had the rpm front bumper on for about 6 months now and just installed the tbone kraton basher on the rear and I can say my rpm has held up well the tbone has only been ran once but was bought with the intent that it protects my rear shocks a little.
Different strokes for different folks my man but you're comparing apples to oranges when referring to the rear bumpers b.c they are junk!
There is a huge article about people breaking there ARRMA'S with that back TbONE bumper that you are referring to, just a little heads up.

Different strokes for different folks my man but you're comparing apples to oranges when referring to the rear bumpers b.c they are junk!
There is a huge article about people breaking there ARRMA'S with that back TbONE bumper that you are referring to, just a little heads up.
Thread link? Haven't seen much about it on hear but would like to read.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back