New JetKo wheels and tyres! Has anybody tried this brand before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yas

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
I've just noticed these newly released wheels and tyres from a brand I've not heard of. They have good range of 12, 14 and 17mm wheel/tyre combos, and most of them are belted! Has JetKo been around for a while? Before I become the guinea pig and fork out, has anyone had experience with them?

They look decent in pictures, however there aren't any specifications for any of them (width, diameter etc.) on any retailer's website

Here's a list of their 17mm wheels/tyres:
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/wheels-tyres/wheels-tyre-sets/jetko/17mm-hex?&sort=Newest

Screenshot_20211208-123701~2.png

Last edited:
I for sure am interested but can only find Taiwan based sellers. Wonder if there is any US distribution?

HRP, USA RC Distribution will soon get these tires. Jetko is a very new Taiwan company. The Website is limited. Claims they had a recent Nitro Buggy win in Taiwan. Seems they want to get into the US market here. Their 1/8 Buggy tires look real nice. :unsure:
The 2.8 MT's look like a PL wannabe's. I just hate adapter type wheels. I won't buy them adapter type wheels. Just me.
$32. for the Buggy wheels looks good though. If you are into those types of wheels like me.

http://www.jetkopower.com/news/jetko-tires-is-on-the-way-to-american

Last edited:
For bashing and flips, do you recommend belted tires? Or regular

I believe a non belted tire will balloon more, therefore giving you better rotation for flips. But excessive power can tear non belted.

I believe a non belted tire will balloon more, therefore giving you better rotation for flips. But excessive power can tear non belted.
Thanks, was looking at the badlands belted, for the kraton exb. But don’t know what to do.

I've just noticed these newly released wheels and tyres from a brand I've not heard of. They have good range of 12, 14 and 17mm wheel/tyre combos, and most of them are belted! Has JetKo been around for a while? Before I become the guinea pig and fork out, has anyone had experience with them?

They look decent in pictures, however there aren't any specifications for any of them (width, diameter etc.) on any retailer's website

Here's a list of their 17mm wheels/tyres:
https://www.modelsport.co.uk/wheels-tyres/wheels-tyre-sets/jetko/17mm-hex?&sort=Newest

View attachment 184849i pi

Thanks, was looking at the badlands belted, for the kraton exb. But don’t know what to do.
I purchased the tomahawk tires n wheels for x max or XRT , one pair showed up with no hex adapters , I've been in this hobby for 30 years and have never seen such bad customers service , ten e mails then got a message saying , we're very sorry and we're in a hurry ,but we need your back news , what the hell is back news , I put the one pair on the back of my XRT , and blew the hub right out of the wheel completely , the tires are great but the wheels are absolutely crap ! FREEKN crooks , $200 of garbage and no customer service at all !! I took all four wheels and filled the back of the wheel ridges with gorilla glue contractors adhesive , I'll see if they hold up now , but I still need the FREEKN adapters SOOOOO pissed off !! don't BUY FROM THESE CROOKS !!

I purchased the tomahawk tires n wheels for x max or XRT , one pair showed up with no hex adapters , I've been in this hobby for 30 years and have never seen such bad customers service , ten e mails then got a message saying , we're very sorry and we're in a hurry ,but we need your back news , what the hell is back news , I put the one pair on the back of my XRT , and blew the hub right out of the wheel completely , the tires are great but the wheels are absolutely crap ! FREEKN crooks , $200 of garbage and no customer service at all !! I took all four wheels and filled the back of the wheel ridges with gorilla glue contractors adhesive , I'll see if they hold up now , but I still need the FREEKN adapters SOOOOO pissed off !! don't BUY FROM THESE CROOKS !!
Where'd you buy em from? I've bought several sets of jetko buggy tires from small addictionsrc out of New York & I've loved them. Never had a problem with shipping or the tires themselves. But I bought proper 17mm wheels instead of an adapter, which always seems to be cheaply made🤷‍♂️

I purchased them from jetko , but recreational hobby has them , I reported the bad so I'm now reporting the good , they finnally returned my message , and I soon later received 4!!! Brand new tires n wheels ,then recreational hobby sent me 2!! Wow ! I got extras !! Don't use these wheels in temperatures less than 60° , they will bust right out

This makes me only want to deal with proline lol.

The buggy tires are actually pretty good. I've got the Tomahawk belted tires on 1/8 buggy wheel size (Claw wheel) and they work great on one of my Sentons. The rubber is pretty sturdy and has a lot of grip. I also have the Supersonics on 1/8 buggy rim but haven't ran them yet. The rubber on the Supersonic is EXTREMELY SOFT probably cause its more of a street tire. I asked via email about putting the belted buggy tires on dish rims (I prefer dish) and got a response email saying that they were going to do that soon. This was about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything more about it.
If you want more detailed specs go to the website and look for the download tab. There you can get specs (wheel and tire diameter, weight, belted or non belted) for all the tires they offer. Here's an example:

JETKO EX LIST 81-BUGGY-01.jpg

The buggy tires are actually pretty good. I've got the Tomahawk belted tires on 1/8 buggy wheel size (Claw wheel) and they work great on one of my Sentons. The rubber is pretty sturdy and has a lot of grip. I also have the Supersonics on 1/8 buggy rim but haven't ran them yet. The rubber on the Supersonic is EXTREMELY SOFT probably cause its more of a street tire. I asked via email about putting the belted buggy tires on dish rims (I prefer dish) and got a response email saying that they were going to do that soon. This was about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything more about it.
If you want more detailed specs go to the website and look for the download tab. There you can get specs (wheel and tire diameter, weight, belted or non belted) for all the tires they offer. Here's an example:

View attachment 287348
As a notorious destroyer of tires I can say that I've been pretty impressed w/ the jetko buggy tires on my Typhons. The powerhobby belted buggy tires are just a little cheaper & every bit as good ( maybe a little better in my experience)

I run the Supersonics. They needed balancing, sure - but they perform great. I will say they are heavy tyres, even by belted standards.

IMG_20220508_194211.jpg

But, credit where it's due - they kick ass!

Screenshot_20230810-193631.png

Screenshot_20230810-202148.png

I haven't had any issues running these in cooler temperatures, other than the drop in grip versus warmer conditions.

IMG_20220509_221528.jpg

I'm now running these with a 4292 1780KV motor and hope to beat some personal bests in 2024.

One issue I noticed with these Jetko tyres was if you leave them on the car, they are very easy to flat spot by leaving the rig stand on them for any period of time.

There seems to be a significant air-gap between the insert and tyre.

When flattened, it takes a significant couple of runs to get them round again.

Completely JUST NO!! when it comes to bashing , there wheels are waaaaaay to brittle , I've talked with a guy from jetko and he agreed with me !! They will be coming out with a new mix on plastics , for bashing smusifically !! But I still have not seen nothing about them , he said I would hear from him , hopefully that means tires in the mail to replace the big pile of junk I have sitting in my work room , great tread and rubber , but jeeeeze !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back