Kraton New Kraton 10/2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KratonNewbie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What’s up!

New guy here, I got my first Gas RC when I was 9. Took a break and finally picked up a new Kraton 6s, 20 years later.
Im curious to see if anyone recommends any must have hop-ups or performance boosters.
I’m not racing but I love my vehicles to run top of the line. I will mainly be bashing in the desert after a day of dirt biking.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Hot running is going to need fans. Keep the stock gearing. If you are not going to jump it the only thing I would replace out of the box is rubber sealed bearings. And maybe some paddle tires?

What’s up!

New guy here, I got my first Gas RC when I was 9. Took a break and finally picked up a new Kraton 6s, 20 years later.
Im curious to see if anyone recommends any must have hop-ups or performance boosters.
I’m not racing but I love my vehicles to run top of the line. I will mainly be bashing in the desert after a day of dirt biking.
Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Bearings, braces front and back, shims in diffs all around, new chassis if you plan to jump, rpm arms, rpm wing mount, m2c ackerman arm, m2c towers and shock mounts. Buy a ton of hinge pins and spare screws. Shimming the diffs is a must even if you don't jump at all. Stay away from alluminium arms.

If there is a lot of loose sand or tall grass the motor will run hot as it will take much more power to do the same work as hard packed surface.
A motor fan setup is a good idea and keep gearing moderate.

Be prepared to do bearing service often if you are running in the sand.

I'd invest in a set of MIP hex wrenches to avoid stripped hexes and read up on LiPo storage voltage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back