Kraton New Kraton 4S Leaky Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy1234

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey Guys,
I need your advice. I just purchased a Kraton 4S and out of the box the front shock was leaking. Considering it’s BRAND new should I return for a replacement and deal with shipping or just rebuild the shocks? A part of me feels like I shouldn’t have to start rebuilding things if I haven’t even turned it on yet.

Any Thoughts?

Was there oil spots in the box, for an easy exchange at LHS? Are you in a hurry to run? Are you used to doing RC work? All these can help determine your direction. If oil in the box I would try an exchange at LHS. Leaky shocks is one of the biggest issues with the smaller line cars aside from the radio of course. But fixing and/or upgrading the build of them yourself will get you more familiar with your ride.
In the end only you can determine how valuable your time is...

No oil spots in box, just some oil on the shock body. Wiped it off and it appears the next day again so a slow leak I think. Don’t need to run until spring really another month or so.

No oil spots in box, just some oil on the shock body. Wiped it off and it appears the next day again so a slow leak I think. Don’t need to run until spring really another month or so.
I would call Horizon, leave a call back number, and they will ship you a new set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back