Kraton New Kraton 4s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess you sent it huh?! 🤣 I broke the chassis on my OC 4s V2 and HH replaced it under warranty. Not sure if that applies to you though...or where you got it.
HH gives you free parts as you break them? I didn't read/see that part of the 2 year warranty.:unsure:
Even chassis'?

Found it!!!

image.jpg

Mission accomplished!!! Now let’s hope it runs lmao!!!

HH gives you free parts as you break them? I didn't read/see that part of the 2 year warranty.:unsure:
Even chassis'?
Yep. Guess it's because it's a new version "V2"?? And also replaced shock tower, driveshaft, cvd's, slipper clutch, input and outdrive gears on diff.. lol. Pretty happy with how they've treated me since I first joined this forum complaining about the new OC 4s V2 with plastic input gear. It was a shty intro to RC but been happy ever since! 😁

Well thank you sir for suggesting that I rebuild this rig, without certain input I may have not even attempted this, but I am very glad I did!!
Really feels good once you finish it huh? and now you can basically fix anything on it since you've literally built it from the ground up! :cool: (y)

Yep. Guess it's because it's a new version "V2"?? And also replaced shock tower, driveshaft, cvd's, slipper clutch, input and outdrive gears on diff.. lol. Pretty happy with how they've treated me since I first joined this forum complaining about the new OC 4s V2 with plastic input gear. It was a shty intro to RC but been happy ever since! 😁
I have a brand new FT, I should do the same. Free parts when I break them. (y)
NOT.

Last edited:
So it sounds like it’s slipping when I hit reverse
Better shim the diff better. Not a good sign. Look into that.
I hope you aren't using reverse much, anyway.... not best to do this with most any RC rig. Especially with Beveled geared main/input gears.
Also smart to reduce power all the way down with "Reverse", done within the ESC paramters, if your ESC offers this setting.

Better shim the diff better. Not a good sign. Look into that.
I hope you aren't using reverse much, anyway.... not best to do this with most any RC rig. Especially with Beveled geared main/input gears.
Also smart to reduce power all the way down with "Reverse", done within the ESC paramters, if your ESC offers this setting.

If it wasn’t brand new I would see that. However the slipper clutch screw was loose and after tightening it the chatter went away, thanks for the tip about reverse I’ll look into whether or not I’m able to adjust those parameters. Thanks !!

I have a new outcast and it makes a slipping whine sound in reverse too. I checked the slipper out and it was damn near locked from the jump.

Hey man!! Im glad you enjoy your Kraton 4S. I thought Id share my thoughts from bashing my 3S Vorteks and not even hard, yet.

I think - AND I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY, but - it worths buying another exact same car for parts. Sell off electronics, body and tires straight away and you re left with tons of spares for fixes and repair. I only changed my rear diff, broke my slipper clutch and some other small improvements and I am ablut £100+ on top of the £400 I paid for the car. I am buying a Big Rock now because parts are almosr shared(br is wider) and so I don't have to keep paying £10-20-50 for spares. I ll have a whole one set, plus my money pretty much back after selling the above mentioned. Just thought Id share, cuz u seem to bash harder than me already and the bill will be, well, HIGH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back