Kraton New Kraton 6s owner Battery question and updates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any charger recommendations?
I have a hitec rdx1 pro which is a great 100W charger. Bought this to charge a 5000mah gensacearespammers 4s pack. I also got a dynamite Prophet Mini 50W charger to charge one of 2 5000mah 3S packs. It's cheap, which is good, but lacks the features and control that the hitec charger provides (like storage mode).

Anyone have experience with this charger :
HTRC T240 DUO RC Charger AC 150W DC 240W Touch Screen Dual Channel Balance Discharger For RC Models
Also where can I get the leads for the batteries I got?
HRB 6S 5000mAh 22.2V LiPo Battery 50C-100C EC5 Plug

Wow I didn’t realize there is so many chargers to choose from now. Do I also need a LiPo meter when running the batteries in my truck ?

Wow I didn’t realize there is so many chargers to choose from now. Do I also need a LiPo meter when running the batteries in my truck ?
Chargers are the biggest pain to shop for! A lipo meter on the truck? If i understand you correctly no you don't. Im pretty sure theres a built in cut off thats adjustable on your esc. If you ment a meter to check your batteries outside the truck you can get something like this but also not needed since you should be able to see all cell voltages on a decent charger.
HRB RC Cellmeter 7 Digital Battery Capacity Checker Controller Tester Voltage Tester for LiPo Life Li-ion NiMH Nicd Cell Meter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QKZ3PPB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oqkeEb2MP0HYK

Yea I’m new to lipos back when I did it before you had to have the meters that were loud as hell to tell u it’s running low

Yea I’m new to lipos back when I did it before you had to have the meters that were loud as hell to tell u it’s running low
If your new to lipos search on the forum or maybe someone can post a good lipo safety read for you. Its really important to know the dangers of lipos. Basically never leave it unattended when charging and use fire bags. I also store mine in a fire box just in case. Its very rare that something can happen but life is more important than anything! It very easy to build a fire safe box also for super cheap. If interested lmk and ill dig up some builds for that
Yes get a $10 lipo checker. They are invaluable.
I wish i had one sooner.... maybe i wouldn't have lost of of my batteries recently

I’d be very interested thanks saw a few videos of YouTube of people’s plains and trucks burning due to misuse of lipos
Planes*

I’d be very interested thanks saw a few videos of YouTube of people’s plains and trucks burning due to misuse of lipos
Planes*
Well thats mostly from misuse. I was mainly talking about charging and store safety. Just google diy lipo fire box. Heres one video showing how to make one for $10
I use a money fire box and they can be had for $20.
SentrySafe H0100 Fire-Resistant Box and Waterproof Box with Key Lock 0.17 cu ft

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SentrySaf...erproof-Box-with-Key-Lock-0-17-cu-ft/33353798
Also the best tip ive seen is fill a ziplock bag with sand and put over battery. If theres ever a fire started it'll melt the bag and sand puts out fire! Pretty cool idea.

Cool thanks for the tip. Hey I’m looking at the truck pics mine is coming in Tuesday and I got a few questions.
It doesn’t have much of a front bumper like at all lol what’s something good to get?
Also the two chassis supports are plastic how well do they hold up to jumps and roll overs ? Is there any aluminum I can get or would that just put more strain on the chassis itself ?

i have had great luck with smc 5000mah 90c. a happy balance run time, weight, and power
welcome to the forum you will love the kraton it is a blast. great people on here for all your questions
i am still running factory braces and no issues yet. i figure when they break i will upgrade.
i used the rpm front bumper and rear skid.

Cool thanks for the tip. Hey I’m looking at the truck pics mine is coming in Tuesday and I got a few questions.
It doesn’t have much of a front bumper like at all lol what’s something good to get?
Also the two chassis supports are plastic how well do they hold up to jumps and roll overs ? Is there any aluminum I can get or would that just put more strain on the chassis itself ?
I agree with the above. You want flex in the bumper. I have rpm and love it so far and its lifetime warranty! Theres also tbone bumper. If you're getting a kraton 6s V4 then hold off on the braces until something happens. Ive seen the V4 hold up very well stock.

Cool thanks for the input
Cannot seem to figure out what charger to go with still

HRB 5000 mAh 22.2v 50C. 2 pack on ebay for under $140. I use a Hota D6 plus chargerView attachment 59414

YouTube definitely pointed you in the right direction

Hi there Jeff , just looking at the picture of yur rig and I recon your top A arm is fitted the wrong way around . The straight side should be to the front .
Not “ having a go “ at ya , just trying to be helpful ?

Hi there Jeff , just looking at the picture of yur rig and I recon your top A arm is fitted the wrong way around . The straight side should be to the front .
Not “ having a go “ at ya , just trying to be helpful ?
Your right (y) that could have been 1 too many beers thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back