Kraton New Kraton 6s owner Battery question and updates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey for the motor is there a heat sink or fans I could get I live in a hot place don’t want it to over heat and the es

Hey -IronMan-

Welcome to the Forum. I'm pretty new myself.

I agree with Jeffashbaugh, the "Yeah Racing", twin fan is perfect for your motor. One nice thing about it, is that they include (2) different lengths of elevation posts, (the screws for both lengths are also included), so you can either mount the fan directly to the motor, or, elevate it, allowing the air to cover more of the motor. I use the shorter posts=stronger flow when the air reaches the motor.

NOTE: Make sure that the fans are orientated so they blow DOWN.

Hey question would you for a m2c chassis or just bash it rc chassis ? And Y if someone had experience with both I would greatly appreciate that.
Oh after getting advice and YouTube videos I went with the VENOM PRO DUO 80W X2 DUAL AC/DC 7A LIPO/LIHV & NIMH RC BATTERY BALANCE CHARGER I decided I wanted to stay with a name brand people use.

Last edited:
Hey question would you for a m2c chassis or just bash it rc chassis ? And Y if someone had experience with both I would greatly appreciate that.
Oh after getting advice and YouTube videos I went with the VENOM PRO DUO 80W X2 DUAL AC/DC 7A LIPO/LIHV & NIMH RC BATTERY BALANCE CHARGER I decided I wanted to stay with a name brand people use.
So the m2c is not going to add as much weight as the jbi so I’d go m2c

May I ask, why you want to upgrade your chassis right away? Isn't your Kraton brand new? Did you bend the original chassis?

BTW I know it's late now but I also got my Kraton 6s like 2w ago and the battery and charger I bought after a lot of research were:

SMC 6s 5000mAh 90C Hardcase with ec5 connector
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=440&search=True+Spec+Premium+V2+22.2V+5000mAh+97Amps/90C+Hardcase

Hota D6+ with xt60 to ec5 connector
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=541&search=Hota+D6+Plus+AC/DC+with+balance+boards+and+charging+adapters

Everything from SMC Website, took a couple of days to arrive and I cannot be more pleased with them.

Best,

Last edited:
Mine is new still waiting for it to come in supposed to be on Tuesday. just looking at what options I have available. How is the smc battery ? I went with HRB 6S 5000mAh 22.2V LiPo Battery 50C-100C EC5 Plug from eBay.
Nice charger I was looking at that one as well

Mine is new still waiting for it to come in supposed to be on Tuesday. just looking at what options I have available. How is the smc battery ? I went with HRB 6S 5000mAh 22.2V LiPo Battery 50C-100C EC5 Plug from eBay.
Nice charger I was looking at that one as well
It's a good battery. What charger did you go with?

SMC are ok. They are quite small and light for their rated size. That might be a good thing if you wanna shave weight. I tend to think they are slightly over rated MAH wise.

Venom Pro Duo Dual 80W AC/DC
I used some of their batteries in the past still work now so figure I’ll give their charger a try
Hey does the kraton come with full ball bearings already ?

Yes but they are not sealed bearings. I would recommend checking out fast eddys they sell a complet bearing kit for Arrma 6s Blx. I have heard good things about Jim's bearings as well and a couple bucks cheaper.

I have one of those Venom chargers. I got it with an outcast deal on Craigslist. It’s easy to use but not the fastest. It is my spare, works great. Good luck with the Kraton.

What charger do u prefer to use ?
I have one of those Venom chargers. I got it with an outcast deal on Craigslist. It’s easy to use but not the fastest. It is my spare, works great. Good luck with the Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back