Kraton New Kraton 6s owner Battery question and updates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey new owner just ordered a red version off of amain hobbies. What’s a good battery to get ? Have been out of the rc world for a while trying to get back in now.
also out of the box does it need any upgrades before running? Bumpers fan metal parts etc.?

thanks
Great that you chose the Red body. I find it is faster than the Blue one.:LOL:

As of tomorrow (01/27/20), I will be an official owner of the Arrma Kraton 6s (2019) edition. Also arriving tomorrow:
Zeee 14.8V 100C 7000mAh 4S RC Lipo Battery
Zeee 6000mAh 60C 14.8V 4S RC Lipo Battery
HOBBYMATE Speed H6 AC/DC Lipo Battery Charger, Fast Balance Charger 700W/ 26A

Im hoping this will be sufficient to start with. I’ve been out of the hobby for over 12 years. Technology has come a long ways for sure

I believe you have things covered good. Nice charger BTW. I have the HM D6 duo pro./24v 400W PSU. Serves well. HM has done well with chargers. The Speed is even better.

Run it till it breaks and then go buy parts from jennys rc. My brother has the V4 kraton and its held up very well. I would get a bumper. Ive had great success with my rpm front bumper and rear skid plate. I wish they made a rear bumper too.
Run a front RPM bumper also on the rear. Should fit.

Mine work great. I have a yoga mat peace line in the bottom of my tray just for added protection but have not had an issue with it yet.

Hard case lipos are usually recommended for obvious reasons. The lipos are protected. But you are limited with selection for the most part. I have a few gensacearespammers HC but the rest are SC. Buy whats best spec and $$. $$ wise. Wallet permitting. As long as you mount your lipo very secure you should be fine. Line the battery holder with padding as an extra measure for peace of mind. One of my HC split at the seam from impact. I used CA to repair it. Its fine now. And I used Gorilla tape to wrap most of my packs, soft or hard case. Some soft packs have a strong rigid wrap like my Yoowoo 3S 5000mah 100C' s. Just my thoughts. :cool:
Btw HRB is made by Yoowoo FWIW.

thanks for the info. I have a SMC hardcase arriving tomorrow. haven't even driven my Kraton yet!
Don't feel so bad, I have a new Lim. sitting on my bench waiting for a new chassis plate from HorizonH. The one on it was stamped crooked at the nose plate section. And the rear diff was locked and the front hub was xross threaded at one pillow ball. All out the box. I got a bad one. It happens to early release production. HH always steps up to the plate though. Some parts on B/O right now. I want to drive this thing already. Driving me crazy.:eek:

Don't feel so bad, I have a new Lim. sitting on my bench waiting for a new chassis plate from HorizonH. The one on it was stamped crooked at the nose plate section. And the rear diff was locked and the front hub was xross threaded at one pillow ball. All out the box. I got a bad one. It happens to early release production. HH always steps up to the plate though. Some parts on B/O right now. I want to drive this thing already. Driving me crazy.:eek:
dang that sucks. good luck getting it fixed soon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back