Kraton New Kraton 6s owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scawn7

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Well I went to just "look" at a few RC vehicles today. I had gone from wanting the Kraton 8S to a Kraton 6S, then slowly moved towards the Senton 6S. I started peaking at the Arrma Mojave, Traxxas UDR, and Losi Super Baja Rey because those trucks look so nice. I nearly settled on the Losi, but I feel so much better now that I'm home and have a brand new blue Kraton 6S V4 to play with.

I had already read the "recommended update" thread and ordered the following items, knowing I'd end up using them on whatever RC I picked up:

- FlySky Noble N4 transmitter
- JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180° servo
- 2 Zeee 6S 6000mAH 100C battery packs
- Venom Pro Duo battery charger

Everything is here except for the FlySky. Going to be a struggle not ripping this thing until that transmitter shows up. Maybe I'll order some more parts while I wait, LOL.

Congrats on your new Arrma 6s! Looks like you're all set for big fun. I don't think I could wait for the radio to arrive to give it a test run. Could be interesting to see how noticeable the difference is between the stock Spektrum radio and the New FlySky. In my opinion, it's night and day difference.

Welcome to AF.
:)
You did your research well. And it shows. From Upgrades to the nice radio you chose. (STX2 is a POS). Nothing wrong with running your rig with the stock radio however (easily):LOL:. A good idea to make sure all is working. At least just on the bench to make sure. Examine the tires well to make sure they have enough glue around the beads. Tug on the beads and look for separation. Glue as needed. So you wont eat a tire early on. Been there.
I love my Kraton also.
Good luck.(y)

Well I went to just "look" at a few RC vehicles today. I had gone from wanting the Kraton 8S to a Kraton 6S, then slowly moved towards the Senton 6S. I started peaking at the Arrma Mojave, Traxxas UDR, and Losi Super Baja Rey because those trucks look so nice. I nearly settled on the Losi, but I feel so much better now that I'm home and have a brand new blue Kraton 6S V4 to play with.

I had already read the "recommended update" thread and ordered the following items, knowing I'd end up using them on whatever RC I picked up:

- FlySky Noble N4 transmitter
- JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180° servo
- 2 Zeee 6S 6000mAH 100C battery packs
- Venom Pro Duo battery charger

Everything is here except for the FlySky. Going to be a struggle not ripping this thing until that transmitter shows up. Maybe I'll order some more parts while I wait, LOL.
Congrats!

Congrats. Get an aluminum servo holder, else there is no sense in installing the new servo. Everything else, besides the radio, can wait imho. Get some packs through that beast and next month look at changing the diff oils but you might like it the way it is.
Essentials:
Tools (what came with it will work but upgrade soon), thin superglue (tires), blue loctite and a lipo alarm. The ESC cutoff is set very low and will ruin batteries quickly. Use a cheap lipo alarm or get a better one from SMC.
If a screw is in metal and won't come loose, stop before you strip and apply heat. Small torch or soldering iron needed.
Nothing else for the next 10-20 packs is suggested. Before you touch the diffs, order spare seals and shims, you will break something working on them if you don't have spares, nothing will break if you have them! :ROFLMAO:
Nothing but your bank account will stop you from upgrading it all right now but above is all you truly need for the initial bash sessions. You will spend money later but it will make more sense.

Congrats. Get an aluminum servo holder, else there is no sense in installing the new servo. Everything else, besides the radio, can wait imho. Get some packs through that beast and next month look at changing the diff oils but you might like it the way it is.
Essentials:
Tools (what came with it will work but upgrade soon), thin superglue (tires), blue loctite and a lipo alarm. The ESC cutoff is set very low and will ruin batteries quickly. Use a cheap lipo alarm or get a better one from SMC.
If a screw is in metal and won't come loose, stop before you strip and apply heat. Small torch or soldering iron needed.
Nothing else for the next 10-20 packs is suggested. Before you touch the diffs, order spare seals and shims, you will break something working on them if you don't have spares, nothing will break if you have them! :ROFLMAO:
Nothing but your bank account will stop you from upgrading it all right now but above is all you truly need for the initial bash sessions. You will spend money later but it will make more sense.

Thanks for the tips. Already checked out the servo holder while I was looking at billet shock towers, suspension mounts, and bulkheads. I can see this adding up quickly. I don't tend to do anything half assed and will end up spending way more than needed, but that's part of the fun I suppose.

I don't feel a new servo necessarily justifies a needed alloy servo mount. The Stock servo mount is fine. I noticed little difference on my Kraton. My Noto still has the stock servo mount. Both have the same upgrade servos (25Kg). Arrma improved and revised it. Yes alloy it is nice to have and a slight improvement, but it is more bling if you ask me. An upgrade servo by itself is more important and setting the fixed V4 servo saver correctly if you know how to do it. Keep on your list, Save the $$ for other stuff right now. Nothing against it. But I compared both already. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the tips. Already checked out the servo holder while I was looking at billet shock towers, suspension mounts, and bulkheads. I can see this adding up quickly. I don't tend to do anything half assed and will end up spending way more than needed, but that's part of the fun I suppose.
Welcome to the AF and congrats on the Kraton? your going to love the Noble nb4?

Congrats on the V4 good choice on the blue it’s faster ? and you’re gonna love the Noble too. ?

Welcome!! I am new as well. My upgrades happened over time and damage. I have upgraded to an Ikonnik ET4DS radio and I am still trying to get it dialed in with EPA adjustments. Have now upgraded rear arms to RPM after I lost control and slid sideways into the neighbors jeep tire. I gorilla taped the entire body yesterday to try and keep it in one piece longer and have ordered a set of front RPM suspension arms and bumper. I did opt for the red one though. It was my 50th birthday present to myself. Very much a newbie to this hobby.

Attachments

• 83903492_10217847274666889_203399944512471040_o.jpg
    83903492_10217847274666889_203399944512471040_o.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 33
Congrats to you. :)Today is my birthday and I purchased myself BSI2000(2 bottles) and 4 wheel bearings for my RC10L. I am simple guy with simple needs and lots of RC.

Congrats to you. :)Today is my birthday and I purchased myself BSI2000(2 bottles) and 4 wheel bearings for my RC10L. I am simple guy with simple needs and lots of RC.
Happy Birthday! @SrC ?
Even though it’s probably past midnight now on the east coast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back