Kraton New Kraton 6S Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upTheIrons453

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
or at least I will be soon. I've decided to get rid of my old E-Revo & get one of these instead. Is there anything I should expect to break first, known major weak points, or stuff I should handle as soon as it shows up?

grats!! I just got mine today too or soon will too after shipping! :D

I've seen complaints of dead on arrival servos that started around the new year and continued until the end of January.

The servo will kind of turn the tires, but not far, it won't be able to re-center itself, and it will whine. Check for that and call horizon hobby if you are unlucky and get a broken one. They'll send you a replacement.

Other than that... You could take apart the diffs and oil them, or just let it rip!

Front bumper is a joke, so you'll want to replace that with a tbone or rpm (edit: need to confirm compatibility with v5) . Stock servo and servo mount are weak, so most people replace those (but maybe the new Spektrum servos are better? I have a v4). Also chassis braces, likely the first thing to break on a big send.

Otherwise, I would say drive it till you break stuff and upgrade from there

Everyone tares them up different. Weak spots overall if your hard on your RCs. Diffs, update to exb if it breaks. Servo should be fine, I'd only replace if it dies, esp if your put truggy tires on it then its more than enough. Reinforce your wing mount pronto if your sending it high, add bumpers f/r. Beyond that mod it how you like. I dislike all stock bodies, and that is a really good way to get a custom look others may not have.

Here is mine for some ideas. As with all aftermarket bodies if you paint it custom no one else will have what you have.

20210209_203041.jpg
20210210_201943.jpg
20210210_201934.jpg
20210213_204735.jpg

Last edited:
I changed diff fluids first thing. 50k 500k 30k. M2c chassis braces. Installed bearings in the steering instead of the junk bushings. Added heat sink and fan to the motor. So far so good🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back