New Kraton 6s V3 servo quit 2nd run problem solved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhanna

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anyone else had a problem with the steering servo on the v3 kraton? I got it on Wednesday and drove it around thursday and friday and i was just slowly driving it back to the house at walking speed and it wouldnt turn. Took it apart and could not get the servo to turn much at all just wondering if anyone else had any problems.

Ok, good. I haven’t heard of this being an issue but it doesn’t mean it isn’t faulty. I would contact Arrma on that one. The first servo on my Kraton started smoking on my 3rd run and then just quit working. Pulled it out and the plastic casing was melted and black. Contacted Arrma and they sent me a new one and it’s been issue free for over a year now.

I have sent them an email but they haven't replied yet hopefully hear something soon.

Right on. They'll send you another one. I would suggest getting an aftermarket servo and throwing the replacement in a drawer as a spare. I don't run them in my 1/8 scale trucks. I use them in my 1/10 scale ones.

Yes, pretty much everyone has issues with the stock servos, they are under powered for the platform they put them in they either burn up or the gears strip out. The ADS-15 works great in 1/10 applications but sucks in 1/8th they are just too big for that servo.

Best bet is to replace it with an aftermarket servo that has at least 300oz/in of torque and a speed of .14 or less at 6.0v. JX makes some great servos https://www.rcjuice.com/jx-servo-cl...-servo-high-speed-mega-torque-waterproof.html

Yes, pretty much everyone has issues with the stock servos, they are under powered for the platform they put them in they either burn up or the gears strip out. The ADS-15 works great in 1/10 applications but sucks in 1/8th they are just too big for that servo.

Best bet is to replace it with an aftermarket servo that has at least 300oz/in of torque and a speed of .14 or less at 6.0v. JX makes some great servos https://www.rcjuice.com/jx-servo-cl...-servo-high-speed-mega-torque-waterproof.html
Thank you

If you are in North America, and you have a receipt of purchase, you should contact Horizon Hobby. You're likely to get a faster response.

If you are in North America, and you have a receipt of purchase, you should contact Horizon Hobby. You're likely to get a faster response.
Well i emailed them also and i was messing with it a little more and found that im a goober because the steering dual rate was turned all the way down i let my daughter try to drive it and i think she turned it down and i didnt check it and the servo is perfectly fine haha it sucks because i spent all day trying to figure it out and get ahold of someone to get a replacement for nothing.

Well i emailed them also and i was messing with it a little more and found that im a goober because the steering dual rate was turned all the way down i let my daughter try to drive it and i think she turned it down and i didnt check it and the servo is perfectly fine haha it sucks because i spent all day trying to figure it out and get ahold of someone to get a replacement for nothing.
Call that one a learning experience. Glad to know you got it resolved quickly, and good on you for letting your daughter have a go too(y)

I literally just did the same thing with my Summit, was this close to pulling the serovs out when I realized my dual rate knob was turned most of the way down.

I literally just did the same thing with my Summit, was this close to pulling the serovs out when I realized my dual rate knob was turned most of the way down.
Well at least im not the only one lol don't feel so bad now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back