Kraton New Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpvmiller

Very Active Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a granite 3s maybe 2 weeks ago. Already got parts in the mail to mod that one up. I have been online shopping for so many years now and I found out there is a hobby shop close to me and they had a kraton 6s in stock. 20 minute drive and this is my new addition. I got lucky and picked up the fast eddy sealed bearing set for the kraton while I was there. Looks like I will be frequenting the shop for my surface stuff. Fpv gear is still online :(

Attachments

• 20200330_133900.jpg
    20200330_133900.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 67
Well here it is in its dirty maiden glory. I didn't go easy on it either. I used 2x3s.

First thing I noticed...reverse can do what appears to be an endo ? so that already gave me a huge smile.

Wheelies? Yes and too easily. I think the wing at this point is just a wheelie bar hahaha.

Compared to the granite (though no comparison; two different classes) this is definitely the handling performance I am used to.

In stock form it is too much fun that I am more than happy to wait until the bearings really need to be changed before tearing this apart.

I bound the stx2 from the granite (cause I am still waiting for the dx3 lol) to the kraton and ripped in the same areas as the granite. Night and day difference. Now I am motivated to get the granite to be a mini kraton hehehe.

I was having so much fun I started feeling like the batteries should be hitting lvc so I brought it in. Sure enough, 3.4/3.5 per cell on both 3s packs. And the kraton just kept giving power up to that point. Now, I'm not sure what the lvc is for this setup in a 2x3s but I would think a single 6s would hit lvc more consistently.

I would classify this rig as a "monster truggy" and not so much a monster truck the way arrma lists it on the site.

So far no buyers remorse except for not getting extra batteries :)

Attachments

• 20200330_174650_HDR.jpg
    20200330_174650_HDR.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200330_174717_HDR.jpg
    20200330_174717_HDR.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200330_174739_HDR.jpg
    20200330_174739_HDR.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 68
In grass or dirt, the bearing don't last for more than 4-6 packs. If it's wet they are gone instantly.
Mainly the inner and outer tire bearings, rest of them last longer.

I got a low voltage alarm from SMC because I wanted to be able to see the voltage on the batteries and get an audible alarm when I hit LVC. It's been great so far. I can see it through the rear wheel well without removing the body.

It did come unplugged once when I was jumping, and one other user said they've found a way to use a rubberband to prevent it from happening.

20200121_151543.jpg

Hell yea bro! The kraton is an absolute maniac. When you get a chance, change out the diff oils and put 60k front/500k middle/rear30k. ??

Awesome! I was leaning toward that already from my past racing experience. Med/Heavy/Light was always my template when doing my diffs front/middle/back for my buggy/truggy setups. Thanks to you I don't have to trial/error the weights (y)

In grass or dirt, the bearing don't last for more than 4-6 packs. If it's wet they are gone instantly.
Mainly the inner and outer tire bearings, rest of them last longer.

Well heck it's getting a teardown at pack 4 :)

Remember to vent those tires! ?

I'm on the fence on this one. Nothing against anyone who vents tires. I always just vented the rim and then used gorilla tape along the inside of the tire to help reduce ballooning. It worked for my racing tires and oddly enough I was still the only one who did it at the track. I never took 1st place always but I was never out of top 6 on average.

I got a low voltage alarm from SMC because I wanted to be able to see the voltage on the batteries and get an audible alarm when I hit LVC. It's been great so far. I can see it through the rear wheel well without removing the body.

It did come unplugged once when I was jumping, and one other user said they've found a way to use a rubberband to prevent it from happening.

I will definitely be picking up that little item. Looks to be a bit more accurate since it's connected to the balance leads. Thanks! (y)

Anybody have any suggestions on single 6s lipo packs for the kraton 6s? I am looking hard at the smc packs 6500mah but wanted others opinions/suggestions.

2 rigs in a couple of weeks huh, you're addicted and there's no cure, good luck! ?

I have been into RC most of my life. I agree I'm addicted :) When I took my hiatus it was because of my auto-x venture. Then fpv drones brought me back into rc and now back into surface. It's the RC full circle of life hehehehe.

Is there a reason why you must have hard packs? Reason why I ask is because even my hard cases have split or smooshed on me. I would just go for best bang for the buck and stock up. I bought some HRB on Amazon recently and they are a little long, but who cares on a Kraton. ??

Not dead set on hard packs. Just want good quality batts. If they are priced reasonable that's even better. Price to capacity + will it fit > hard pack.
I would go China Hobby for best bang for the buck right now. If you want to pay for premium, top shelf, then Turnigy Panther Graphene is the pinnacle. But probably wasted on a basher.

I have used chnl batts on my drones. Turnigy graphenes have always served me well. Last set of batts I bought for my drones were Infinity RS2 and pyrodrone graphenes. They don't have higher than 2200mah in 6s though.

For now I will try THESE based on your quick recommendation. At that price I don't feel bad :)

I have used chnl batts on my drones. Turnigy graphenes have always served me well. Last set of batts I bought for my drones were Infinity RS2 and pyrodrone graphenes. They don't have higher than 2200mah in 6s though.

For now I will try THESE based on your quick recommendation. At that price I don't feel bad :)
Yep that the exact same ones I bought in 4S for my K4S. They were just a little longer than my other 4S packs so I had to remove my battery spacers. No biggie. There’s plenty of room with them out.

Latest items I picked up is the futaba 3pv with two receivers (kraton and granite) and some sweep belted terrain crushers for the kraton. I grabbed the 3pv and the crushers from the lhs. The guy who orders for the lhs keeps some goodies stashed away lol. Granite is on a stand until all the parts get here in the mail. (y)

Latest items I picked up is the futaba 3pv with two receivers (kraton and granite) and some sweep belted terrain crushers for the kraton. I grabbed the 3pv and the crushers from the lhs. The guy who orders for the lhs keeps some goodies stashed away lol. Granite is on a stand until all the parts get here in the mail. (y)
You're all set bro, K6S and Granite blx are my favorite Arrmas. 3pv is a good radio, soooo much better than stocker. Have fun!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back