Kraton New Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Currently, totally stock Kraton. Been out of the box for a week. Went through and tightened up all the screws, added shims to the front and rear diffs. New servo saver is first on the list of upgrades, the only complaint I have about the truck so far. Might upgrade the servo at the same time, or might just drive this one until I destroy it.

Also might tinker with the diff fluid weight at some point, but not unhappy with how it drives so far.

20230107_155732.jpg

I have an Xl k6 and a regular k6 and my favorites from all of them,sold the Xmaxx because too many headaches,not blasting That brand but they got to do something whit their plan to put together diff and their parts

Yeah, the servo saver is way too soft, but there's an easy fix for that. I took a blank plastic card (bank card thickness) and drilled a bunch of 12mm holes in it and then cut around them to create shims. I then added five of them to the servo saver and with the 30kg servo, I now have full turning left/right when it's standing still.
1673154070366.jpeg
1673154130796.png

Yeah, the servo saver is way too soft, but there's an easy fix for that. I took a blank plastic card (bank card thickness) and drilled a bunch of 12mm holes in it and then cut around them to create shims. I then added five of them to the servo saver and with the 30kg servo, I now have full turning left/right when it's standing still.
View attachment 268221View attachment 268223
That's clever, I'll have to look at shimming like that.

That's clever, I'll have to look at shimming like that.
Be forewarned. If you've never taken an Arrma servo saver apart, it can be a bit of a faff. There are some good tutorials to be found on Youtube though. This is the one I found and followed. It's entirely possible that there are easier/faster ways of doing it. All I can say is that this works for me reliably so I've stuck with it. Don't try to force it as there's threadlock holding the two parts together and it's possible to just sheer the threaded segment off the inside segment. Don't ask me how I know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back