Kraton New Kraton 8s going Castle and Futaba

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Talion
I am new to the Kraton, I have owned the Talion for a couple years now and love it. I am a Futaba guy and will be switching out the stock electronics system to the Castle 800kv 2028 motor and the Mamba Monster X ESC. I have a nice motor mount on order as well and just wonder what pinion I will need. I am not looking for a speed monster I just like a lot of power and have to be able to put a whipping on the Xmaxx guys.

A couple guys are running a 34t spur and 34t pinion. if I were going with that low kv in this system that's what id do. save you a lot of rotating mass as well...

I'm currently running a hobbywing max 5 with the 800kv 56113 motor. Stock spur and 45-48t pinion is brutal in power and my sweet spot for bashing.

I really like the Max 5 setup but I would miss the telemetry that the Castle system would display.

I really like the Max 5 setup but I would miss the telemetry that the Castle system would display.
Sensored also lets you crawl with it ;) the mmx8s wasn't out when I bought my max5 combo, but others on here are really happy with the system, seems to perform really well.
I only have the mmx8s (just the esc) in my limitless, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Well i ordered my Castle system and the motor mount. Just need to figure out what I am going to do for a pinion with the stock spur gear.

Well i ordered my Castle system and the motor mount. Just need to figure out what I am going to do for a pinion with the stock spur gear.
I’m also about to drop my castle gear in the K8S with a 43T (that’s all that was in stock at the time...) If I don’t like that I’m going 34t pinion and 34t spur, like from the limitless. As @Jimbobjr has already suggested.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back