Kraton New kraton battery problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psolner

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just want to say this is my first rc.I just bought from tower hobby for my son and i,got the new v3 kraton and Dynamite Prophet sport duo charger and a venom fly 5000 mah 50c 22.2v Lipo.
I charged it and ran the battery till the car stopped about 30 mins or so.then I tryed to charge it on Lipo fast charge at 5.0 amps and it came up -11- on the charger...flashing red ..... so i messed with it for a bit, then it started charging. got a full charge,thought problem was solved.ran the car till it ran out of juice,so went on and tried to charge it on Lipo fast 5.0 amps and came up -11- flashing red on the charger again...looked it up in the directions and says dead cell or imbalance between cells is too high for safe charging...
How do i fix this 149.00 battery...
Remember im a newbie please help...

Have you tried a balanced charge at lower amps or anything other than fast charge?

Have you tried a balanced charge at lower amps or anything other than fast charge?
I've tried every thing I think I just over discharged, but how do I charge it back up to my minimum charge, so my charger will work again

I've tried every thing I think I just over discharged, but how do I charge it back up to my minimum charge, so my charger will work again

this may help:
and please be very careful if you plan to try. I always use balance charge, just take a bit longer than quick charge. You can also buy an LVD Buzzer to avoid individual cell going too low in the future.

this may help:
and please be very careful if you plan to try. I always use balance charge, just take a bit longer than quick charge. You can also buy an LVD Buzzer to avoid individual cell going too low in the future.
Thank you ill let you know what happens

Ya personally I never use fast charge. Like Bicketybam, I always balance charge my lipos. At a 1C rating. I don't have the best charger, mine only puts out a max of 10 amps. But it does have a lot of charging options which is why I bought it. Venom duo 80W.

Since balance charging is so important with lipo's, I don't understand why there is a "fast charge" mode at all on chargers for them.

Cause people with money don't care about killing them and just want to be able to use their RC as much as possible.

Cause people with money don't care about killing them and just want to be able to use their RC as much as possible.
Well, there's being careless because you have money and dangerous because your an idiot. Usually things you buy don't have an "idiot" mode built in. If it didn't have the "idiot" mode, you could switch to NiMH and just push amps at it. Then your the idiot using the wrong mode vs it having a mode built in.

i,got the new v3 kraton and Dynamite Prophet sport duo charger and a venom fly 5000 mah 50c 22.2v Lipo.

Something else I will add to the discussion - start budgeting now to replace that PSD (Prophet sport duo) charger. That charger is not made for 6s batteries. Yes, it will charge them, but it is running at max rate, and will be very slow, while overloading the charger. The PDS is fine for 2s packs, but you really need more wattage - a LOT more, for a 6s pack*. Also, the PSD does not have basic lipo modes like discharge or storage mode - which you WILL need eventually.

The PDS is affordable, and easy to use, but it really is not made for big 6s batteries. I had one, and it was great - as long as I was using 2s or nimh. When I got my Arrma's, and starting hitting it with 4s packs, it quickly started throwing overheat codes, then it completely died.

* for 5000mah lipos, you need 25w of charging power Per Cell to maintain a 5a charge rate. So a 2s 5000mah needs 50w (which the PSD has) a 4s needs 100w, and a 6s needs 150w. That PSD has 50w per channel. A 2-channel, 200w per channel, AC/DC, full program modes charger will run you about $200, and be able to charge your 6s 5000mah packs in about an hour. If you want half hour / 2C charging, you need about 300w of power...

Last edited:
So don't ever use fast charge

I wouldn’t.

X111.

If you really think you need to charge your battery faster, get a more powerful charger, and still use balance. My charger takes my batteries from storage charge to full in about 20 minutes, in balance mode.

Well, there's being careless because you have money and dangerous because your an idiot. Usually things you buy don't have an "idiot" mode built in. If it didn't have the "idiot" mode, you could switch to NiMH and just push amps at it. Then your the idiot using the wrong mode vs it having a mode built in.

Are you calling me an idiot or the people who fast charge their batteries and don't care about killing them because they have the money to keep buying batteries?

So if
Something else I will add to the discussion - start budgeting now to replace that PDS (Prophet sport duo) charger. That charger is not made for 6s batteries. Yes, it will charge them, but it is running at max rate, and will be very slow, while overloading the charger. The PDS is fine for 2s packs, but you really need more wattage - a LOT more, for a 6s pack*. Also, the PSD does not have basic lipo modes like discharge or storage mode - which you WILL need eventually.

The PDS is affordable, and easy to use, but it really is not made for big 6s batteries. I had one, and it was great - as long as I was using 2s or nimh. When I got my Arrma's, and starting hitting it with 4s packs, it quickly started throwing overheat codes, then it completely died.

* for 5000mah lipos, you need 25w of charging power Per Cell to maintain a 5a charge rate. So a 2s 5000mah needs 50w (which the PSD has) a 4s needs 100w, and a 6s needs 150w. That PSD has 50w per channel. A 2-channel, 200w per channel, AC/DC, full program modes charger will run you about $200, and be able to charge your 6s 5000mah packs in about an hour. If you want half hour / 2C charging, you need about 300w of power...
X111.

If you really think you need to charge your battery faster, get a more powerful charger, and still use balance. My charger takes my batteries from storage charge to full in about 20 minutes, in balance mode.
Well I just got that charger from tower hobbies so ill return it and tell them my problem and get a good charger....thats messed up cause they helped me pick it out......

So if

Well I just got that charger from tower hobbies so ill return it and tell them my problem and get a good charger....thats messed up cause they helped me pick it out......
So if

What is a good charger to get

Something else I will add to the discussion - start budgeting now to replace that PDS (Prophet sport duo) charger. That charger is not made for 6s batteries. Yes, it will charge them, but it is running at max rate, and will be very slow, while overloading the charger. The PDS is fine for 2s packs, but you really need more wattage - a LOT more, for a 6s pack*. Also, the PSD does not have basic lipo modes like discharge or storage mode - which you WILL need eventually.

What's a good charger to get???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back