Kraton New Kraton, diff fluid opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Duperbash

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
IMG_20161210_171707740.jpg
Just added 4th Arrma to family, bash hard 6s only geared up, going to try 100/200/50k any quick thoughts before I pour. Is this overkill, do like to drift, wheelie, and push from back somewhat. Sorry if this is beating a dead horse. Here's a pic of my Typhon borrowed motor mount compliments of stripped mount screw I ultimately had to drill through, no damage to chassis, but can't seem to get rest of screw out of mount. Gotta love stubborn thread lock!

I run 50/300/20k,, works great. I had 500k in center, swapped it out for 300k,, I like a little diff out on a truggy

I run 50/300/20k,, works great. I had 500k in center, swapped it out for 300k,, I like a little diff out on a truggy
Thanks for that. Just had maiden run with Kraton on 6s with 50/200k, haven't done rear yet and it did pretty good. My daughter was driving the Outcast on 4s for family bash and hit a couple good backflips off the ramp. I'll post vids to Media shortly, must say Outcast tires hook up way better than stock Kraton on loose/barky terrain, going to throw Proline 3.8s on her next time I hit that park. Kraton soars like an eagle off the ramp, pure beastly sweetness!
IMG_20161211_141837680.jpg

Nice! Just ordered a Kraton myself. Should be here Wednesday. Can't wait!!!

I ordered some Proline Badlands MX to put on her.
I have a feeling I'm going to have a tough time deciding on a favorite, going to have to bash both every outing and pick up another 6s brick!

Is that 50 front/300 center /20 rear ? I want more power to the rear wheels and try stop the front ballooning so much

Yes that's what he meant, should do the trick, 200 center is working good for me, but only 1 bash so far.

View attachment 4281 Just added 4th Arrma to family, bash hard 6s only geared up, going to try 100/200/50k any quick thoughts before I pour. Is this overkill, do like to drift, wheelie, and push from back somewhat. Sorry if this is beating a dead horse. Here's a pic of my Typhon borrowed motor mount compliments of stripped mount screw I ultimately had to drill through, no damage to chassis, but can't seem to get rest of screw out of mount. Gotta love stubborn thread lock!
Thread lock on Arrma vehicles is killing me. Trying to remove main input gear from the input shaft cup to swap bearings in the rear gearbox was almost impossible. I was almost to the point of having to just order a new gear box, input gear and cup. I was finally able to hammer it out luckily with no damage.
Oh, and regarding diff fluid weight questions, it's far from a dead horse. So many options it's good to get opinions. I'm going with what Thomas uses to start. 30/100/7. Now I need to figure out what to use in my TT Bushmaster.

Thread lock on Arrma vehicles is killing me. Trying to remove main input gear from the input shaft cup to swap bearings in the rear gearbox was almost impossible. I was almost to the point of having to just order a new gear box, input gear and cup. I was finally able to hammer it out luckily with no damage.
Oh, and regarding diff fluid weight questions, it's far from a dead horse. So many options it's good to get opinions. I'm going with what Thomas uses to start. 30/100/7. Now I need to figure out what to use in my TT Bushmaster.
It really is too bad they basically super glue these rigs together. My first run with Kraton tried 50/200/7 and it seemed OK, was fishtailing a lot but was jump bashing in bark and leaf loose terrain. Loaded vids in Media, my daughter threw a beat down driving the Outcast for the first time off the ramp! Stopped by dirt jump park today but it was muddy with deep puddles next to jumps. Definitely going to do some big flips there when it dries some.
IMG_20161214_113647322_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161214_113607533_HDR.jpg

It really is too bad they basically super glue these rigs together. My first run with Kraton tried 50/200/7 and it seemed OK, was fishtailing a lot but was jump bashing in bark and leaf loose terrain. Loaded vids in Media, my daughter threw a beat down driving the Outcast for the first time off the ramp! Stopped by dirt jump park today but it was muddy with deep puddles next to jumps. Definitely going to do some big flips there when it dries some. View attachment 4423 View attachment 4424
Yeah, I am far from knowing what weight diff fluids to use that I will like the best. I'm not even sure I will notice a difference as I am no rc car driver pro. Pure bash. Took my front diff off again today and placed the mystery spacer back on, lol. Not even sure it came from that one. I'm guessing.
Is that jump park for motocross or something?

Yeah, I am far from knowing what weight diff fluids to use that I will like the best. I'm not even sure I will notice a difference as I am no rc car driver pro. Pure bash. Took my front diff off again today and placed the mystery spacer back on, lol. Not even sure it came from that one. I'm guessing.
Is that jump park for motocross or something?
You would think based on the size of those bigger jumps! It's actually a city operated BMX jump track, need big cahonnies and legit skills to hit that on a pedal bike! Best part is they also have an awesome vert skatepark across from dirt park, have skated it a few times with the kids. Not pulling big airs myself anymore, need to keep body mostly intact for work! Had a few slams that reminded me I'm getting older...Lol. I stick with at least 100-200k center just to keep fronts from bleeding power and ballooning needlessly.

Hi all,

I've been driving center 500k and front/rear 100k for a few runs new. The Kraton still doesn't wheelie and drifts a little. Perfect setup for driving offroad....so don't worry about the higher viscousity numbers in the center diff.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've been driving center 500k and front/rear 100k for a few runs new. The Kraton still doesn't weehlie and drifts a little. Perfect setup for driving offroad....so don't worry about the higher viscousity numbers in the center diff.
My guess is on 6s with Outcast or other meatier treads that front end will head north pretty easily! Thanks for fluid feedback, may try thicker set up like that myself.

View attachment 4281 Just added 4th Arrma to family, bash hard 6s only geared up, going to try 100/200/50k any quick thoughts before I pour. Is this overkill, do like to drift, wheelie, and push from back somewhat. Sorry if this is beating a dead horse. Here's a pic of my Typhon borrowed motor mount compliments of stripped mount screw I ultimately had to drill through, no damage to chassis, but can't seem to get rest of screw out of mount. Gotta love stubborn thread lock!
I know it's old post, but if you ever have trouble with stripped hex heads, grab a torx bit (star bit) just big enough to tap the torx head into the hex and it grabbing better and giving more teeth to work with. Just put pressure on awhile unscrewing. Used Gorilla glue and spare hex tools, no luck, so I used the it and no longer have problems getting. Again Torx star bits. I let the have worked great for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back