SOLD / FOUND *New* Kraton EXB RTR 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beast mode!!!

I was thinking about building this setup myself, so I'm interested since you've already build it and the diffs are already shimmed and filled.

1. Did you use the HH diff shim set? (https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311094). Is the rear open or LSD? Can I get some details about what shims were used in which diffs please?

2. How much larger of a pinion do you think can fit using that stock motor mount? My goal was to be able to work my way up to a 25T as I got better at using the vehicle.

3. What is the plastic piece you have between the ESC and the pinion in the bottom picture? It looks like a spacer or some sort?

4. Where (about) does this ship from? I'd like to look up a shipping quote.

5. How heavy is the vehicle itself (no batteries controller, or transmitter)? I figured it would weigh in at around 14-15 pounds so 21 is throwing me off a bit.

Thanks man, amazing build!!

Beast mode!!!

I was thinking about building this setup myself, so I'm interested since you've already build it and the diffs are already shimmed and filled.

1. Did you use the HH diff shim set? (https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311094). Is the rear open or LSD? Can I get some details about what shims were used in which diffs please?

2. How much larger of a pinion do you think can fit using that stock motor mount? My goal was to be able to work my way up to a 25T as I got better at using the vehicle.

3. What is the plastic piece you have between the ESC and the pinion in the bottom picture? It looks like a spacer or some sort?

4. Where (about) does this ship from? I'd like to look up a shipping quote.

5. How heavy is the vehicle itself (no batteries controller, or transmitter)? I figured it would weigh in at around 14-15 pounds so 21 is throwing me off a bit.

Thanks man, amazing build!!
hey man, thanks for asking.. I’ll do my best ... haha

1. the front and center diffs were shimmed well from the factory so all that was done was a fluid change, the front is 60k and center is 200k. The rear is setup as an open rear diff using McMaster carr 12x18 shims. This was originally done by @BashingBrian when people were having issues with the original diffs. You can check out his exb build thread for more details... I prefer a open rear diff, the lsd plates make it lock up to tight. I used the 12x18 McMaster carr shims because the arrma ones were not released at the time of me building the rear diff.
2. Max pinion size on a stock motor mount with a 50t spur(stock spur) is 23T.
3. The plastic piece is the motor wire holder for the stock 6s setup, it can easily be removed.
4.my zip is 98292 👍🏻
5.the 21 lbs is very close to what it will be shipped, I still have the original packaging so it will come with the arrma boxes that the rig was originally shipped in, I used the information from the tracking of the original delivery.. as a roller they ship @19.2 lbs. I put about 2lbs of components into the EXB so this is how I arrived at 21lbs. 👍🏻

If you prefer to have the vehicle setup like it comes with the lsd in the rear I can do that before it ships out.

let me know if you have any further questions! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Let's move this into direct messages. I'll use the 'start conversation' functionality to message you after I get out of my next meeting.

Edit: Send you a message.

Last edited:
Thanks sry bother ya bout it. I just picked one up and trying find way to mount it with out type. And did u have to cut off the 4 screw tabs to mount it?
No worries, yes the tabs were cut and sanded and the esc is mounted with high strength vhb 3m tape 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back