New Kraton owner vs friends with Erevos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbl_91762

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
My beer drinking group decided to buy some bashers. 2 guys bleed Traxxas, me on other hand did research and found Arrma. I advised the 3rd guy to research and buy Kraton. He didnt listen and bought Traxxas ERevo like the other 2. Thank Goodness cause this thing rules! 1st meeting with 1 guy in field and his Erevo overextends rear suspension and both drive shafts pop out within minutes. 2nd meeting the other 2 come out so there are 3 erevos and my sole Kraton. I had run flawless for almost 30 minutes and until I hit a large rock and broke front shock bottom mount. But theirs were all busting out the axles and they were working on them the whole time! Now today get to an 1/8 scale RC track and after fixing front shock Im running flawless AGAIN!! 1 buddy was with me (the one i told to get Kraton) and again he broke axles, then stripped the gear. Shop replaced it after a while but hated the repair process but back up and back running only to strip it again. All the while Im having a blast in my Kraton! Love everything about this basher Except the stupid tires on the V3. I ordered the backflips already for next session and my buddy rather regrets his Erevo purchase lol. He had to leave the Revo at the shop till more parts come in and they can fix it. This thing is a beast and after several flips endos at the track its still rocks. Love it and just had to gloat!

I had an E-Revo 2.0 and it was my first RC car (Im still very new to all this) It had some ok things about it. Driving it felt really smooth. I liked that. It broke lots though. Shock rod ends, Shock rod, Shock cap. The limiting straps helped that but there were other issues like the servos and such. The final nail in the coffin was when the esc and motor fried. This was all within a 5 weeks. I drove the thing 4 times. Their support was really good and they replaced it with no questions asked. Just had to provide a receipt. As soon as I got the new ESC and motor back I put it all together and sold it. Then bought an Outcast

Last edited:
Traxxas has been at this for years and years selling the biggest rtr trucks for as long as I can remember.

I am surprised they don't have stuff perfected by now being the longest leader in monster trucks.

I too researched arrma and it was found to be really strong by if you look at my build thread you will see the many issues I had with my kraton and I've only had it a week.

Including the front axle breaking at the hub

Traxxas has been at this for years and years selling the biggest rtr trucks for as long as I can remember.

I am surprised they don't have stuff perfected by now being the longest leader in monster trucks.

I too researched arrma and it was found to be really strong by if you look at my build thread you will see the many issues I had with my kraton and I've only had it a week.

Including the front axle breaking at the hub

It just snapped while you were driving?

Yeah- the ball of the cvd grenades and let go the axle fell on the ground I found it thinking cool I'll pop it back in but it's a cvd not a double dog bone so it won't go back in

Attachments

• 20180914_203354.jpg
    20180914_203354.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 58
That's really strange. First I've heard of that. I have a Kraton and a Typhon that I run hard and nothing like that has happened to me. I'm thinking that might be a defect.

My bottom shock eye popped off the day I got my talion .. it wasn't on right from the factory . Knock on wood I have been bashing the living piss out of this thing on 6s and haven't broken a damn thing . I was traxxas through and through and now I wonder why the hell I even wasted money on those things

. I was traxxas through and through and now I wonder why the hell I even wasted money on those things

Me too.
Once Horizon bought out Hobbico I sold off a collection of nib Snap On x Maxxes. Bought a brand new big rock and Fazon to take their places, lol.

With Arrma we add upgrades at our leasure. With a new Traxxas those same upgrades are needed right out of the box, smh.

Yeah- the ball of the cvd grenades and let go the axle fell on the ground I found it thinking cool I'll pop it back in but it's a cvd not a double dog bone so it won't go back in

Hi

It sounds to me like the center connecting pin came loose and worked its way out a little bit and got snagged on something.

I'm not a name brand guy by any means. I had the worst luck with the Outcast I had. I was constantly dumping money in to it and it broke literally every time I ran it. Not even jumping it that high or that far. I was hardly ever able to run a full battery pack through it. I'm sure I'll catch s**t for saying this, but I bought a 2.0 and haven't had that many issues with it. All I put in to it is limiting straps on the rear suspension and Yeah Racing fans on the motor. I run it in the same places and the same way I ran the Outcast and it's been holding out great. I am saving up some money to buy a Kraton, with hope it treats me better than my Outcast did. I wish I bought the Kraton over the Outcast to begin with. Now that I've got a better paying job, I'll be able to buy one shortly and continue to build my rc collection. Point of all this ranting, everyone seems to have GREAT luck with their Outcast and didn't. And everyone seems to have nothing but problems with the 2.0 and I don't. Haha kinda weird?? I'm not hating on Arrma at all, nor am I saying Traxxas is the best. Who knows, maybe after I get the Kraton I'll want to sell my e revo. Or just keep them both. Haha

Hi

It sounds to me like the center connecting pin came loose and worked its way out a little bit and got snagged on something.

That’s good thought. I actually had that pin shear on me.

I'm not a name brand guy by any means. I had the worst luck with the Outcast I had. I was constantly dumping money in to it and it broke literally every time I ran it. Not even jumping it that high or that far. I was hardly ever able to run a full battery pack through it. I'm sure I'll catch s**t for saying this, but I bought a 2.0 and haven't had that many issues with it. All I put in to it is limiting straps on the rear suspension and Yeah Racing fans on the motor. I run it in the same places and the same way I ran the Outcast and it's been holding out great. I am saving up some money to buy a Kraton, with hope it treats me better than my Outcast did. I wish I bought the Kraton over the Outcast to begin with. Now that I've got a better paying job, I'll be able to buy one shortly and continue to build my rc collection. Point of all this ranting, everyone seems to have GREAT luck with their Outcast and didn't. And everyone seems to have nothing but problems with the 2.0 and I don't. Haha kinda weird?? I'm not hating on Arrma at all, nor am I saying Traxxas is the best. Who knows, maybe after I get the Kraton I'll want to sell my e revo. Or just keep them both. Haha

I have the v1 brushless revo. Before that, I have had 4 other revo's in nitro form, still have 2 of them. The ERBE is what I started in electric with. I knew it had shortcomings that I had to deal with from having the nitro's. Weak arms, axle carriers, chassis bottoms out hard, servos suck. Couple hundred $ worth of stuff out of the box and it's held up fine for me running 4S.

Anything will break. Especially if your new to the hobby and the only reason you started was because you ran across one of Rick Duperbash's videos on youtube.

I've had some teething issues with the outcast, not unlike any other of the 30+ trucks I've had over the past 20 years. Then again, I knew it came out of the box with a few issues for a hard basher, which I tried to avoid before they happened. I'm still chasing down a few gremlins, but all in all, I'm surprised how far and how high I can jump the thing, time and time again and things don't break.

All it takes though is one wrong landing. At the speeds it can go off jumps and the heights it goes, one wrong landing will be a disaster. That would be true regardless of the brand name on the side. I don't even touch what Rich does, but he doesn't walk away from a band landing either. ;)

All in all, it has taken the most abuse of any truck I've owned and I have very infrequently ended a bash day before I was ready to go home.

My beer drinking group decided to buy some bashers. 2 guys bleed Traxxas, me on other hand did research and found Arrma. I advised the 3rd guy to research and buy Kraton. He didnt listen and bought Traxxas ERevo like the other 2. Thank Goodness cause this thing rules! 1st meeting with 1 guy in field and his Erevo overextends rear suspension and both drive shafts pop out within minutes. 2nd meeting the other 2 come out so there are 3 erevos and my sole Kraton. I had run flawless for almost 30 minutes and until I hit a large rock and broke front shock bottom mount. But theirs were all busting out the axles and they were working on them the whole time! Now today get to an 1/8 scale RC track and after fixing front shock Im running flawless AGAIN!! 1 buddy was with me (the one i told to get Kraton) and again he broke axles, then stripped the gear. Shop replaced it after a while but hated the repair process but back up and back running only to strip it again. All the while Im having a blast in my Kraton! Love everything about this basher Except the stupid tires on the V3. I ordered the backflips already for next session and my buddy rather regrets his Erevo purchase lol. He had to leave the Revo at the shop till more parts come in and they can fix it. This thing is a beast and after several flips endos at the track its still rocks. Love it and just had to gloat!
Stock Minikowa tires are trash! Agreed. Backflips are sweeeeet!

Stock Minikowa tires are trash! Agreed. Backflips are sweeeeet!
Yeah I am trying to figure out what tires to buy, considering pro line trencher x or backflips or badlands.

I would like something that wont balloon without taping or crazy tire mods, but the only thing i see like that is SRC terrain crushers and they have 0 sidewall for jumps. they might as well be street tires.

Hi

no the center pin and the pivot pin were still in the wheel, just the axle let go.

Don't even taking the extra time considering. Put the backflips in your shopping cart and check out. They're all similar, but anything you can do to get away from Minikowas...

but how is the ballooning. whats so good about the backflip? are they larger than the mino?
The way to fix ballooning is by putting thicker diff fluid in the center. I have 500k in the center diff and ballooning is minimal. Mino's are pizza cutters and there is hardly any foam in the tires. You really cant go wrong with tranchers, backflips or badlands. Just add thicker diff fluid and it will solve 90% of ballooning.

I got the 6S backflips and they're basically same size using my eye ball.

Here is an image of a Backflips turned inside out that I copied from this picture and full credit for it goes to @Camo. The Backlips don't balloon near as bad as the Badlands or the Trenchers in my experience and the ribbing and banding I am sure plays a huge part in it. I just wish that you could buy the tires separate as I personally hate the looks of Outcast rims.

1537552137519.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back