New Kraton owner vs friends with Erevos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still runs great though! And I shimmed the center dif while repairing for killer drifting!!! o_O

Got together with the 3 amigos and their ERevo. None of their cars lasted more then 3 laps without issues!!! They all kept blowing out their rear axles and one guy even put on the limiting straps. I honestly felt bad for them as I ran through my 1st battery pack with zero issues at least 15 or 20 laps. Threw batteries on charger and they finally got theirs going but so many issues with electrical. One Revo finally got his to run but by that time only could go about 8 laps as his batteries were dead and he was driving very slow. I slap my batts on and begin running circles until I launched mine off the jump landed wrong and bent the front axle. Repaired in 5 mins and finished my pack and we left. Overall my closest friend who didnt listen to me about buying Kraton, is ready to sell his and order a Kraton.

It just snapped while you were driving?[/QUOT
While driving into a curb I'm sure. This hobby is strange, nobody can own up to the fact they hit stuff and then cars break. They all want to blame the car when they clip lightpoles and cartwheel down the street. IDK

George’s, you are zackly right.

It’s not often someone admits to screwing up. It’s always easy to blame others. Our daughter does this. Don’t know where she gets it from. I think I’m the only one in the house that admits blame. Heck, I screw up every day.

While driving into a curb I'm sure. This hobby is strange, nobody can own up to the fact they hit stuff and then cars break. They all want to blame the car when they clip lightpoles and cartwheel down the street. IDK

I don't know why people don't either. It helps noone and odds are, they are never going to meet anyone on the forums face to face, so why lie about it? If a truck is weak or has weak spots, explain it. If you hit a tree going 50mph and your bitching about your truck folding in half, well, post video and take the hit. Sure it sucks, but may as well share the carnage with everyone to enjoy. :)

I don't know why people don't either. It helps noone and odds are, they are never going to meet anyone on the forums face to face, so why lie about it? If a truck is weak or has weak spots, explain it. If you hit a tree going 50mph and your bitching about your truck folding in half, well, post video and take the hit. Sure it sucks, but may as well share the carnage with everyone to enjoy. :)

That’s what I did. I wrapped up my Typhon around that steel beam and told everyone about it. Then again, no one would believe that damage was from a normal jump, lol ?

A lot of first time RC owners have unrealistic expectations. They think you should be able to slam into stuff and drive away unscathed.

That’s what I did. I wrapped up my Typhon around that steel beam and told everyone about it. Then again, no one would believe that damage was from a normal jump, lol ?

A lot of first time RC owners have unrealistic expectations. They think you should be able to slam into stuff and drive away unscathed.
I've had many many awful hits over the years and the biggest thing that bothered me was, I didn't have a gopro to share it!

Ok... the second biggest thing. ;)

I've had many many awful hits over the years and the biggest thing that bothered me was, I didn't have a gopro to share it!

Ok... the second biggest thing. ;)

I like your Outcast videos when you show a poopy landing. You will usually do a slow mo and you can hear a very slow “Ooooooohnoooooooo” ?

I like your Outcast videos when you show a poopy landing. You will usually do a slow mo and you can hear a very slow “Ooooooohnoooooooo” ?

Yep. Need to slow it down to appreciate how far things bend. :)

My buddy said I need to make a crash video... I told him 75% of our videos end up a crash video! Besides, once I cut it up into a 3-4 minute video, I get rid of the source files. Way too much to keep around. 30G+ every bash day cut down to a <1G HD video.

My first RC was the ERevo 2 and I was tickled pink to have it! I kept grinning through 4 pairs of stock servos, a pair of Tactics, and finally a pair of Savox waterproof servos, I want to say 1230’s but I’d have to look. Of course I snapped a shock shaft the first time out, but that was ok because I got to rebuild shocks with titanium shafts! I was a badass! Stock tires flew off the rims, but that was ok because I got to upgrade to some Trenchers. I replaced the front bumper 3 times. The drive shaft got so hot it bubbled the chassis from front to rear all along the driveline(Nobody told me to grease the exterior of the differentials and shaft), but hey I learned the virtue of marine grease in the Pacific Northwest!
Meanwhile, every time I bash with my brother he’s sending his truck 20 feet into the air at full blast flying it half a football field confidently again and again. I thought he was nuts! He told me I drive like a grandma! I said, “Yeah a grandma that kicks ass!” Sheepishly as I’m trying to figure out why my transmitter will only drive in reverse when I hit the gas.
See he had already studied the strength of Arrma. His Kraton was gnarly! It just didn’t look like much to me, even when he took the hood off, it seemed so simplistic compared to all the stuff my Revo had going on! Pfft, one servo, how does it even turn?
So the final Revo disaster for me was when the transmitter spun those servos full blast until the teeth broke off for no reason. The most god awful sound you could imagine coming from a RC car and SMOKE! I still haven’t figured out what happened with that situation. I picked up a Kraton the first chance I got and put the trenchers on it. Ya know what? It’s still running as nicely as the day I bought it. Lovin the new Talion as well. So in closing, I’d like to thank Traxxas for making me a semi professional RC technician, I haven’t had to use so any of the skills I learned since the switch to Arrma!
I second that. My Slash 4x4 Low cg has turned me into a master rc mechanic. Having to replace stock parts with more stock parts for months before I started to upgrade. It's so well done now, I can't bash it any more. It's transformed into bullet proof speed rig, that would cringe at the idea of taking a jump at a skate park. Still lots of fun, and a great vehicle to get my boys into the hobby. "Here you go kids, and there's a box of spare parts for when you break it". My new Notorious hasn't seen action yet, but I've been doing a little wrenching on it based on what I've been reading in various forums. I can't believe the difference in build quality of the Arrma. I know, I know, why did you buy a SCT if you wanted a basher? Thank the guy at the local hobby store when I showed up after 30 years out of the hobby. He showed me videos of the Slash jumping and having a good old time, and "graciously" threw in a 3s lipo. "You're going to love this thing. It can take such a beating". First outing was a popped off shock cap and missing spring retainer. Then came the other $2500 (CAD) or so in parts over the next 11 months. You get the picture.

I second that. My Slash 4x4 Low cg has turned me into a master rc mechanic. Having to replace stock parts with more stock parts for months before I started to upgrade. It's so well done now, I can't bash it any more. It's transformed into bullet proof speed rig, that would cringe at the idea of taking a jump at a skate park. Still lots of fun, and a great vehicle to get my boys into the hobby. "Here you go kids, and there's a box of spare parts for when you break it". My new Notorious hasn't seen action yet, but I've been doing a little wrenching on it based on what I've been reading in various forums. I can't believe the difference in build quality of the Arrma. I know, I know, why did you buy a SCT if you wanted a basher? Thank the guy at the local hobby store when I showed up after 30 years out of the hobby. He showed me videos of the Slash jumping and having a good old time, and "graciously" threw in a 3s lipo. "You're going to love this thing. It can take such a beating". First outing was a popped off shock cap and missing spring retainer. Then came the other $2500 (CAD) or so in parts over the next 11 months. You get the picture.
Exactly same experience with me but with the stampede. And now my 5 year old uses it and it’s taking a beating and still going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back