Kraton New Kraton owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wippersnapper1992

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Couple of questions..Wanted to get back into RC as haven't used one since I was a kid. I've brought the arrma 2018 Kraton which is not anything like the electric cars I used to zip around my garden so I'm deffo a newbie but my god I'm loving it, been out everyday 3 times a day since I got it. Got 2x overlander 3s 5000mah lipo packs but already they are beaten abit and one has a small dent in the side. After reading up stuff on the internet that scares me a little, I'm constantly sitting by the charger watching the packs while they both charge one after another. I was firstly wondering if I should worry about small dinks in the battery's?
Also wondering if it's benifical I get a hardcase lipo? Although I don't think I'd like not being able to see the cells for ballooning
Lastly any recommendations for 6s packs? Can you get hard case 6s pack around the 5000mah mark that will fit in the beast?
Any advise would be great
Thanks

Matt

Check out SMC. A lot of bashers use their hard packs. I run two 3s 60c 7200. Plenty of power and 30+ min run time. I opted for the traxxas connectors to go with my traxxas live charger. It's cheap and I can monitor with my phone.

Same. I went with the 5400 SMC 3s lipo’s. One strap doesn’t fit around both batteries when running 6s, but the other does. Stays put. Although every time I run 6s I break something. Keep it on grass and off pavement.

Lots to read on this forum. YOur best bet is to lock your credit card up, before you see all the goodies you are going to want. Some you need and some you don't. YOu need to shim your differentials. Since you have a V3 Kraton you don't have to upgrde to an aluminum servo mount, but might want to. Anyhow, you will be able to see a Hard case battery puff. The case will stop being flat, and the case will separate. Pretty obvious in a soft or hard pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back