Kraton New Kraton upgrade list - suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwr5033

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys, I just ordered a Kraton and ordered the below list of upgrades, but wanted to see if I'm missing anything that I should definitely be getting in advance. Here's my list:
  • Fast Eddy Bearings
  • TBR XV4 Front Bumper
  • TBR rear bumper/wheelie bar
  • RPM Rear dirt guards
  • RPM Skid plate
  • Aluminum servo mount
  • Savox SA1230SG servo
  • Hot Racing front / rear frame brace
  • 3/4 hollow aluminum tube for tower-tower brace
  • Arrma Backflip tires
  • Spare shock rod ends
  • Spare camber, steering and sway bar linkage cups
  • 42.5 weight shock fluid
  • 500k center diff fluid
  • 60k front diff fluid
  • MUGEN SEIKI E0206 shims
  • Diff gaskets
  • Shoe Goo / drywall tape for body reinforcement
I didn't get RPM a-arms because I just thought I'd wait until my stock a-arms break before upgrading. Not looking to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading, I only want to buy things that would actually make things better.

I didn't think the RPM rear skid plate fit the V3 Kraton? I would have ordered it but have a Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate coming instead.

I didnt think the RPM rear skid plate fit the V3 Kraton? I would have ordered it but have a Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate coming instead.

I like the aluminum plate better.

I just got the aluminum F/R chassis braces, servo mount, and servo clamps from Voltage for my Talion. You won't be disappointed in their products. Top notch CNC machined aluminum that fits perfectly and they even sent a handwritten thank you note in the package.

I like the TBR wheelie bar but I bent mine up further and drilled two new holes for higher wheelies and more rear protection. I'm at work so I cant take a picture...also you wont need the skid plate, the wheelie bar has it's own.

I didnt think the RPM rear skid plate fit the V3 Kraton? I would have ordered it but have a Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate coming instead.

The RPM one does first. It fits all of the V3's.

Also, I really like the RPM front bumper. Have had zero issues with it.

I like the aluminum plate better.

I disagree with this statement because for some reason they made the screw holes flush with the aluminum plate. If the plate made the screws recessed by a about 3/16th of an inch, then it would be great.

That's pretty much what the RPM one does. Plus it's a dollar cheaper and I can get it locally.

Lastly, when you start to pull the pillow balls from the A Arms remove the little half washer thingy and add some CA glue and they won't back out. Or just install the RPM ones and it seems to remove the problem. Ask me how I know, lol.

Here’s what I mean with the wheelie bar. It was too low for bashing. The original holes are under the IMBA sticker. The wheelie bar goes right where the skid plate goes so there’s no need unless I’m missing something.
BF1C53A9-14A7-446B-952A-CA4D8EC0851F.jpeg574E9FE9-22C9-4E98-9A0A-DB60AAD03B80.jpeg36CE8731-655A-42C2-91AA-F23C92094847.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back