Kraton New kraton v3 owner looking at what upgrades are needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voidzy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi peeps just bought a aarma kraton v3 blx lookin to see what upgrades are needed to cut the flaws out

I notice the servos not the best any recommendations

For servos, I run a Savox 2270SG. I think the wp1260sg is also popular, although it is not as fast. There are also lots of choices from JX and Bluebird for under $50. Look at the specs @ 6.0v - you want more than 20kg torque, and speed between .15s and .10s.

Also, check you diffs - the V3 diffs seems to tend to be tighter than the older diffs, but still, check them to see if they need shims. Plus re-oil them while you are in there. I run 10h-125k-10k, but if you plan on mostly 6s, you make take it up to 50k-300k-50k, or even 100k-500k-100k.

Paint your own body for a personal look - you can get the Kraton body clear, or just buy nearly any truggy body made for a wide chassis (like Mugen, AE, but not Tekno) I have a Proline Enforcer on my Kraton.

Different tires - stock tires are OK, but the Backflip tires are better. Lots of other options out there too. If you have a track local that you think you may want to run at (even for just track bashing), pick up a set of proper truggy tires - blockaids or cityblocks are decent all around tires for outdoor tracks. If you have an indoor track, check with the them to see what tires are best.

Other popular upgrades - aluminum chassis braces from GKA or Voltage. Servo mounts, shock towers, custom tower to tower brace (if you plan on huge jumps). Lots of options.

Get the Voltage hobbies steering rack, the stock one bends easy if you crash on one wheel or hit something not hard enough to break the arm. Get some good 6s batteries if you don't already have some, also i set the punch to 4 on the esc to help save the drive train and after 1 year still have not broke anything drive train wise. And like Jerry-rigged said the stock tires kinda suck, but if your tight for cash they still work OK. :cool:

I'll be owning my first kraton soon, and I already purchased a couple of stuff... BUT.. I'm still missing the two skid plates because it would seam like nobody updated theirs for the v3 yet (or the rear one will work, but not the front one... or you can buy a bumper acting like a skid plate but then you need another piece from the v2...). Am I missing something?

I asked Voltage Hobbies... but got no reply yet. I didn't ask Tbone cause not sure that I trust them with their too long screws....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back